basal cell carcinoma... got it (?)... who knows what then?

mismi

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:49 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie - I am so sorry - I don't blame you for being upset - that's the last thing you need to deal with tonight. I wish there was something I could do to make it better. (((Izzie))) Please update us and let us know when you find out something.

love you sweety -
mis
Izzie

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:19 pm
@mismi,
doc said go and get it stitched. went to go but it's thick ice, freezing and i've taken my sleeping tablet already - wouldn't be safe. patched it using cut up plasters as steristrips, will go in the morning. figure a bad scar is better than risking driving. damn sore and just ... well, just tearful today. emotions all over the place. dammit.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:23 pm
@Izzie,
Well, crap and crap. It shouldn't heal sufficiently overnight that it'll turn into a bad scar. Thinking about your plan in the morning will be enough. A few big blubs tonight are on order.
mismi

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:55 pm
@ehBeth,
dammit too.

hope you can sleep soon - that will make you feel better...glad you are not going out in that ice after the sleeping med...take care sweet girl.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 07:14 pm
@Izzie,
no driving while blind on the ice, Good call...

As to scars, a true scar story.

One night late in the bar, we were both talking to a couple regulars, and a newby who was enthusiastically imbibing.

My sis and I both have the same thyroidectomy scar at the base of our neck...

After he freaked out that I was her brother, (we do not resemble each other much) I decided to see how far we could go...

We had him convinced that we were Siamese fraternal twins joined at the neck.

(nite muffin)

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 05:06 am
So?

Joe(Nu?)Nation
Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:48 am
@Joe Nation,
Hey you ((((JoeN))))

hugs to you hun.

Stitches done and dusted - I appear to be sealed! Scar is fine... ha... it's not on show so no worries. K - I gotta laugh - so I am!

Surgery confirmed for 10 Feb for foot. Hey ho!

Oof. Tired. Occ Therapist coming here today to see what's what. That's good - tho can I stay awake?

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 07:51 am
Sounds good.
Take a stroll outside.
That'll wake you up.

Joe(I need to figure out what our time differential is... .)Nation
Roberta

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:56 pm
Glad you're laughing, Izzie. Scar, shmar. If it doesn't show, it ain't there.

Did you stay awake for the therapist?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 06:13 am
@Joe Nation,
Five hours ahead of you Izzie is. One hour behind me. Four hours behind Moscow...if that ever mattered.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:10 pm
How you doin', kid?
Izzie

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:18 pm
@Roberta,
Hey there

Yep... ok'ish thanku - joints aren't doing too good - I'm semi-flaring, but just as I think it's all gonna go horribly bad - it seems to improve a bit and then chastise myself for whining. Hands and wrists are worse hit right now.

This time in 3 weeks will have had my surgery - not looking forward to the pain side of stuff - but hey - "that too will pass" no doubt.

Tired Boida.... tired. You know that feeling a?

<hugs Joe quickly - stayed awake, slept for hours after the OT had gone - knackered. Yep....5 hours between us guys>
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 04:44 pm
The day is approaching, Izzele. How you holding up? I've been thinking about you a lot.

Do you haveeverything taken care of and planned out? Will you take a book to read with you? Puzzle books? You're not new to hospitals, but I recommend earplugs. I've have some bad luck with roomies.

(Tried some of the chocolate you sent me. Choked. But it tasted pretty good before I started choking. I must be patient.)
Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:46 pm
@Roberta,
Oh hey Boida.... been there, done it and now sending the postcard...

slight change of plan to start with
http://able2know.org/topic/111721-592#post-3567545

and now......

http://able2know.org/topic/111721-595#post-3569176

am doing k. Tired and flying with the meds - but all is going to be fine. "Stroll in the park". Wink

This patient says be patient with the chocolate - you will have time to savour. Hugs gal. x
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:38:08