"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 10:28 pm
@verbivore,
Yes, about 8, some have fur singed but all are safe and happy. Unfortunately much of the wild life along with Cattle, sheep, horses and other animals perished in the fires. They have shown the pictures on TV and it was a very sad sight.

I love your puppy, so typical me. Laughing
verbivore

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 10:52 pm
@Dutchy,
have the fire ceased there yet?
it seems to be a very bad year for the whole world!!!
you have the pics of those eight?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 10:58 pm
@verbivore,
Fires are still burning and yes I still have the pictures. I again looked through all the pictures you posted the other day and must ask you one question, why did everybody go into the water with their clothes on? Is that a cultural thing?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:11 pm
@Dutchy,
Verbivore and others have a look at this video where a Koala is saved by firefighters at the scene. http://player.video.news.com.au/news/#AChOHqKEQmKMfv52qA_TGucgz0BnnYkO
verbivore

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:22 pm
@Dutchy,
Quote:
why did everybody go into the water with their clothes on? Is that a cultural thing?
LOL
dutchy getting in water with clothes isnt a culture here...
without clothes..is a concern ;P
As in..guys do take off their clothes..but girls are shy Smile
Dutchy

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:55 am
@verbivore,
Crew have waited for a sign from the Captain, alas nothing heard, so I'm assuming 'no news is good news'. Bedtime downunder so nite nite until tomorrow.
JPB

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 07:19 am
@Dutchy,
I just spoke with MizIzz. She asked me to post that the surgery was successful but she won't be going home today --- perhaps tomorrow, not sure yet. She had a long night of being checked on every 15 minutes... no one ever said you were supposed to get any rest in a hospital.

I was only able to speak to her for a few minutes before someone came to take her down for an x-ray. She said to send her love to all and that she'll post once she's able. I think she's got a photo or two to share.
djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 07:22 am
@JPB,
thanks for the update
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 09:42 am
@JPB,
Tell Izzie to take her time and get some rest, JPB. She is a brave woman but she shouldn't hurry anything.
annis

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 01:09 pm
@wandeljw,
Hi all Sorry am late in posting spoke to Iz yesterday and she was ok and then spoke to her Mum, ops on both feet will let you know how it goes.

hope you are all well X
Dutchy

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:09 pm
@annis,
Good morning crew, good news to wake up to, thank you JPB and Annis for the update.
Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:43 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey there Crew Very Happy

First of all " thanku so much for all your kind wishes and support.... I can’t thank you enough and i love y’all. So sorry not to have been on sooner " it appears as soon as I lift open the laptop, my eyelids close. I just can’t keep my eyes open long enough and haven’t been able to do anything today. It’s actually quite funny " I sit here... sitting up, not laying down, close my eyes and sleep sitting up " bit trance like.... WEEEEE-ERRRRD-DDDDD! Confused

I have duelled with the scalpel, have a dual impediment and I am de-no'dule'd on the left, a big toot shortened, stapled and straightened on the right - in addition to gaining over 2 inches in height whilst balancing upon some pretty platforms. I am also half “plastered” " yippee ai a!!!! Razz

Déjà vu

Déjà room with a view too - same one as last time and the dang door still doesn’t close properly! You’da thought by now...... nah. But what a treasure I can see outside my window above the hospital garden....
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000103.jpg

I’ve also morphed. I AM the ship’s anchor.... take a look at my shooz (wha.... you think I wouldn’t bring the ‘ole faithful camera to the hospital) " just throw me overboard and I can now keep the ship steady in the roughest of storms with these weighty lovelies.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000108.jpg

THEY ARE MASSIVE...and my twiggy legs can barely lift the boots! HA " I am the sexiest gal on pins in this neck of the woods! BEAgle.... can you imagine a wonderful tango a? I gotta laugh... go with it! Razz

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000110.jpg

2 pairs of new shooz " now FQsis, don’t get too excited " but guess what " as I now have a spare pair from last year.....YOU TOO CAN LOOK LIKE THIS...... no no no " ho ho ho .... it’s really fine... I know you wanted them last year and I had to use them... but now all your wishes have come true... HA " so laughing sis, can you ever imagine you wearing these little beauties " not in a million years a? But I won’t take no for an answer! Twins and all that.... it’s nice to share.

And if you wanna fight me on it " believe me I can paddle you Shocked " having been petrified, I am now mummified!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/P1000097.jpg

So, I got here early, early yesterday morning and wasn’t taken for surgery until 5.45pm by which time I really had got myself into a pickle. (thanks y'all for being there yesterday when I was struggling)

The phsyios had been by and left me 'blue' crutches " how happy is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I have had them to lean on " tho am now using a zimmer until I am a little more 'steady as she goes'.... Izzie’s zimmer " OH MY GAWD " just how old am I a? Hopefully, I will be able to use the “blues” when I get home.

I feel like a medical pin cushion. <ahem.. take the hand with the big juicy veins please and quit trying to stab the left hand... it ‘aint gonna work " ouch and ouch and YOUCH.. okay, now we understand.... pfffffffsttstftftsf >. Going to theatre and the “going to sleep and waking up process” was much worse this time. Very painful after and maybe one of the most scary before times I can remember. Felt very “on my own” physically " nasty ugh. Was a complete whus of the maximus variety. However, that is all done now.

Had a morphine PCA (pump) so the pain was kinda controllable after BUT, push the button " then... lalaalaallalalalalllllallala land and can’t stay awake or on this planet. Both feet were anaesthetic blocked " and am very aware that they are no longer blocked " honestly tho, the left foot ‘aint too bad " manageable pain... right foot is giving me some grief. Yep, this too will pass. Noddy told me so.

So, having fallen to zzzzzzzzzzzzz whilst writing this (seriously, a good hours zzzzzzz), then MaMa and a friend (Pam) visited - I got delayed a wee bit so will try and post now and then have another rest before I catchup with what’s been going on. Not sure I can read up on anything just yet " way too fuzzy and flying somewhere.

Hoping that all are well and the fires Down Under and the snows up above are under control " am thinking of you all, right around the world....

Finally, thanku so much JPB for phoning me today " it was so lovely to hear your voice - I know I was a little “out of it” and I’m sorry to have had to leave so abruptly " the xray’s went fine showing everything is as it should be. Thanks hun for letting everyone know I am doing alright. Thanks Bazza for the texts (took me 3 goes to reply as I kept deleting it insteady of sending - doh) and Tulip for keeping ya posted.

Finally, finally, thanks to everyone holding my hand, wherever y’all are " your strength helps me huge bigtime muchly. OH MY GAWD again - I feel like I'm at the BAFTA's. British Academy Feet Thank All. Wink

Hope to be back a little later. Smoooooooooooooches xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Razz
djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:50 pm
howdy captain
Dutchy

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:54 pm
@Izzie,
Oh Captain this is even better news, welcome back to the land of the living, you've made it now full steam ahead with your recovery. Thank you for the photo's those shoes looks so sexy, can't wait to do the tango. Now take your time, rest plenty and don't rush things! Have you heard from S-boy? Off to have breakfast, so happy to have you back, gentle hug and a smooch, will be back later.
Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 02:58 pm
@djjd62,
howdy Djjd - good to see ya - you know, just love that avatar.... can hear you holler across the poind. Very Happy How are you - all thawed and green?

Oh..... you know I said I had a boid to show you...... in the snow the other day - looky here... Woody came to visit!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/IzzieLzzie/DSC05248.jpg

Only got one chance to snap him from inside the lounge and through 2 sets of windows... but you can see the fella. Handsome 'ole boid!

Got so many pics to post - but gonna have some time on my hands now - so will bore y'all to tears. Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:05 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey BEAgle... yep, good news for me. S-boy hasn't been so good. Got a phonecall here at 9am yesterday from the 'sister' at his school. He was very poorly and he needed to come home - had to explain I was here and then asked them to phone his Dad and gave them my Mom's number too - so his Dad had to go get him in the snow and flooded roads (and not go to London - oops) Exclamation - S is doing a little better today tho his Dad did have to call the doctor coz S-boys tummy was so sore - but I don't think he will be going to school tomorrow. Unfortunately, I can't run the risk of seeing him at the moment, but maybe on Friday - if he goes to school, they might drop by the house and I can hug S for a little bit.

I'm going home hopefully in the morning - so all being well - I'll get to see S before the weekend. Thanks for asking hun. He'll be coco too. x

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:07 pm
@Izzie,
check out the video of foxes jumping on a trampoline that i posted on boida's beautiful animal thread, too funny
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:07 pm
@Izzie,
There she is!!!!

Hey, hey you! Good to see you typing away. Gotta go pick up M from school so I can stay and yabber, but I'll catch up with you when I get back.
whiteviolet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:39 pm
@JPB,
Hey, Izzie

So sorry, I did laugh at your shoes, I wonder why.... Glad it's over and the only way now is up. Keep smiling, loads of love, T xxxxx
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:44 pm
Um...very nice shoes...(trying to be positive)

Welcome back!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 07:20:18