basal cell carcinoma... got it (?)... who knows what then?

jespah

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 05:06 am
@ossobuco,
Not an easy time. Get some sleep, dolling.
mismi

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 07:23 am
@jespah,
Oh lovey - I am so sorry - Thinking you all kinds of energy (and me too) I hope it works.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 08:37 am
@Izzie,
catching up...

Major hugs and hand holding coming you're way.

send me an e when you're not sleeping. Don't want to call and take a chance on waking you. I'll be on the ground in about four hours. Will check emails from there.

LOVE YOU!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2008 08:06 am
So Izzele. How you doin', kid?
Izzie

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 10:03 am
@Roberta,
Hey Boida

Off to the hospital tomorrow - booked in to have "pretty" mole removed... BUT... it's not definitely going to happen. They have booked me in just in case. So.... may have another wee scar tomorrow - or may not.

FQsis (my best friend) is on her way down from Essex with her family to stay for a few days, and she's going to drive me in, just in case. Hopefully tho - all will be fine and I won't get to have any more itchy stitches. Toots crossed - literally - HA!

Then... have a date of 10 Feb for foot surgery - but going to have to make it the following week coz of my work - if I have surgery on 10 Feb, 364 days after my last one, I will be reduced to half pay. If I have it after that, I should still get my salary.... pittance tho it is... I need it.

Other than that... doing OKish thanku. xx
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 11:20 am
Izzie, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping for a good outcome. Glad you'll be able to rearrange the February surgery dates so that you don't lose your benefits.

Hang in there, kid.

http://thenerdofher.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/hang-in-there-baby.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 03:55 pm
Waiting to hear.

0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 03:57 pm
Hello, hello.
Izzie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 06:31 pm
@alex240101,
Hey...

Apologies... chaos reigns!

It’s been a day that I wasn’t expecting. FQsis and I left this morning for the hospital and when we got there I went straight in and saw the consultant. After checking my large pretty freckle he immediately decided it had to be removed. OK " I wasn’t really expecting that. Anyhoooo " I thought I would grab FQsis on the way to the theatre but they knocked that on the head and said she wouldn’t be allowed in. So.... off I went.... horrible - ugh. Nothing like the last time " this was nasty " no tears " but not pleasant. Another wee cut and 5 stitches... and sending off to histology. Surgeon thinks it will be fine " I’m going with that. Was terribly shaky after and had to stay at the hospital for a while. All done tho. Stitches in until January 9th! Been told not to itch them! Ack!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 06:45 pm
@Izzie,
I'm glad you're home, itches, stitches and all.
jespah

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:11 am
@ehBeth,
Seconding that.
mismi

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:16 am
@jespah,
one ringy dingy - two ringy dingy - I'm here! ((IZZIE))
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:24 am
@Izzie,
Glad that part is over with, hun.

Enjoy your visit with FQsis and the girls.

NO SCRATCHING!!!!

((((Izzie))))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:37 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Surgeon thinks it will be fine

This is what I wanted to hear, Izzie.

Sorry the removal was an ordeal. Sorry to hear about the impending itching. Indulge yourself, kid.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 11:23 pm
How you doin', Izzie? Is the itching bad? I hope not.

Izzie

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2009 05:52 am
@Roberta,
Hey ...

Remarkably - no itching at all this time. Have quite a large dressing which is completely sealed - there is heaps of bruising ... but not sore now and hopefully, when I have the stiches out on Friday and get the results - that will be that. Done and dusted.

Other ickybittybiddy bits itch now and then - worse in the cold weather - but completely bearable - no probs.

I'm a little worried about how I'm going to tell my parents about my impending foot surgery - knowing me, I will just blab it out at the most inappropriate time because I don't really want to tell them. I am going to have to ask for help with the little fella as I won't be able to drive - he will stay over at school for 2 nites a week so I need to figure out 5 school runs and just things like that. It's not so much telling my parents, it's just the "big depressing thing" they will make of it and the looks on their faces. I've decided not to tell anyone else - when I told my brother about my first biopsy he just said "if it's not one thing, it's another" <rolling his eyes up>...... gee thanks bro, and what, I don't know that! In fact - he hasn't asked me about the results even tho I saw him on Christmas Eve so I didn't tell any of them about the other biopsy. No point.

I'm not too good at asking for help either - I've had so many surgeries and my parents have been there for most of them, in days of old when we were a proper family - it's more the fact that I have to rely on them... and they look so sad (which drives me nuts).... no matter how jolly I am - they think I must be slightly mad to be seemingly positive. They are pretty negative people (not their fault - just the way things turned out with the family stuff and all). See... I know that I will ask someone else to take me to the hospital etc... Mom will want to do all the stuff - but, it's better for me to have Tulip or another friend there. But then, I need their help with the kids and driving and just the physical stuff I won't be able to do for a couple months. Mom has this way, or I just feel, that I am being selfish or useless or something. Anyway, it's negative - so I cut myself off from it, the family and all that. I just do things differently to them now. They don't get me at all.

My PaPa can't cope with me being ill - he just can't. MaMa has to take over control of everything and just makes a big thing out of it all. That's her way. I prefer to just do day to day and not think too much about the future or what else is going to happen - but coz I'm on my own - the old folks want there to be someone to look after me blah blah blah... well, so do I at times - that would be nice - (BUT NOT MY PARENTS)- but, against their wishes, having an illness is not a good enough reason to stay married. So, I do have to listen to the "well, if you had just done this... and stayed married" scenario - ha.... that's just b*llocks.... and they know it!

Oh sorry......... this has turned into a bit of a rant - joints are playing up and tiredness is making me feel a bit grumpy - back to work tomorrow and it's gonna be a busy month before the surgery <not gonna feel guilty about work, not not not> Onwards and upwards.

Off to sort out little fellas room - furniture to move and Crimbo boxes to go in the loft. I CAN DO IT! I CAN!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2009 12:17 pm
Izzie, You're entitled to a rant (at least one), and sometimes ranting is a good thing. Gets stuff out. I understand where you're coming from with involving your parents. My father was always caring and supportive. My mother, not so much. Sometimes I think it's easier to leave them out of the mix. But you'll need their help, so blurt when you blurt, and cope in whatever way you can find to cope.

Rooting for ya, but you knew that.
Izzie

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:19 pm
@Roberta,
Thanks goil!

Stitches out tomorrow and results. Sure it will all be just fine.

Told my parents today and said everything was sorted so they didn't need to do anything (well, 2 school runs).... controlled "blurt" and only slight flapping from MaMa - so, feel better now that I can just get on with it.

Feb 10th confirmed date for surgery.
Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 11:43 pm
@Izzie,
A semiblurt is better than a full-blown blurt--or no blurt at all. Glad it's done.
Izzie

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:31 pm
@Roberta,
Benign.

Stitches out. Wound has opened as I reached up to cupboard just now, bleeding a lot and sore. Phoned NHS direct - told me to go to city hospital to be restitched. Not going to do that on a Friday nite in A&E and all local hospitals MIU's are closed. Waiting for doctor to call back. Very low. Can't stop blubbing for some reason. Pissed off.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.17 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:27:47