basal cell carcinoma... got it (?)... who knows what then?

mismi

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 05:13 pm
@jespah,
bom chicka bow wow, chick bow wow....
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:06 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Little sore tonight - feels kinda tight! Bu doing OK.

HA - PHOENIX - I think my bodywork would look smiliar to this in car terms...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee193/20_Highwheeler/HModelTTatshow.jpg

except I lost the crank start.

Now, as for the 'mind'...

I'll be one of these - a DeLorean Back To The Future

http://www.8ball.co.uk/tshirts/backtothefuturet-shirt-bluedelorean_2_108998_turquoise_m.jpg

a little outdated - but it coud get me heading to wherever/whatever awaits a? !

Razz

Thanku girl. Very Happy

Thanku Mis for your prayers. I love you Dixie. x

Jes.. thanku - I will take all gentle hugs, alebit in our virtual world. I thank you. x
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 11:38 pm
Glad the cutting is over. Sorry you're in pain.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 05:37 am
Howya feeling?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 05:54 am
I missed this whole thread because I hate the new A2k.

Because I spent so much time riding my bicycle in the Oklahoma sunshine, I am very careful with anything extra that appears on the skin. I go once a year to have someone look at everything and then cut-off anything wonky (I think that's the British word.)

I think I am up to about twenty of the rice-crispy looking thingies, the flattish, whatthefrig?isdat? smeary ones number about six. None have come back from their lab work as anything more than just ugly.

I wish the same for you.

Joe(let us know.)Nation
Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 05:36 pm
@Joe Nation,
Hey ....

Just got itchy stitches at the moment..... aggggh...wanna take them out. I look like I have a spider in my chest! Shocked

My back is driving me a little mad - but they come up and go again....nasty.

mmmmmm

Stitches out next Friday and we'll see what's what then. Not too worried, I don't think. More bothered if it be the Lupus I reckon.

Neutral

All is OK tho - thanku kind folksies.
jespah

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:10 am
@Izzie,
Wishing you a respite from itching.
Roberta

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 01:24 pm
@jespah,
Me too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:21 pm
@Izzie,
Gotta go catch up!

So..... no results from the biopsy yet?
Izzie

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:51 pm
@littlek,
I called the medsec today.... you know.... thought I'd ask before the appointment. She doesn't think the results will be thru until Wednesday. So, I guess I'll just wait til I go in on Friday. My back is scratchy - the more I think about it, the more I think it's lupus...

much better just to know, don't like waiting for results for anything - far too impatient - just messes with your head - tho I really don't want it to be lupus. Ack - can't change whatever it is - so in the meantime, I distract with taking photos and thinking about anything except for what's going on.

Feel alright tho - s'long as I don't think too hard and long.
littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 05:59 pm
@Izzie,
Well then get Busy! Maybe Roberta can tell you what computer games she was playing to distract herself.

I am very prone to suggestion. Could you be itching just thinking it might be lupus? I know I would be.
Izzie

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 06:09 pm
@littlek,
MMmmmm.... not sure! Could well be. It was bad on Saturday, but not so bad today. Maybe it was because it was sooooo cold over the weekend. The lupus/RA is not behaving at the moment - so, could be leading up to flaring - but obviously, there's heaps going on here as usual - with R-boy etc - so, I just need to try not to think too much. I am SURE that symptoms can worsen when feeling stressy - so........... I'll keep taking pics and doing stuff that gives me some peace, and I should be just fine.

Thanku
mismi

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:04 pm
@Izzie,
((IZ))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:12 pm
Hey, Izzie. Weren't the stitches supposed to come out today? Weren't you supposed to get the biopsy results today? What's the story? Don't mean to apply pressure. If you don't feel like talking, then ignore me.

Or is my memory off and it wasn't today?
Izzie

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:45 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

then ignore me.

not in a million years!

Thanku for asking ...

Tomorrow morning girlie...

I itched out one stitch.... gonna get the biopsy results at 10am. My back is pickled - it's gotta be the lupus I think - nastyickybitthingamajiglesions... hey ho... will find out in the morning. My "mole" wiill be photographed too... it's looking forward torward to that, it is actually a multicoloured work of art... if it weren't to be changing colour methinks.

Seeing the foot surgeon at 10.30.... mmmmmmmmmmm.... wonder what he's got in store for me. HA! The steroid injection in the tendon has made it easier, less painful to talk - HA - can even trot a little if I have to. Hand are useless, par for the course. Be glad when I know for sure tho - then deal with whatever.

Thanku Boida - wondering how yours went today...posted on your animals thread to let you know I was thinking of you instead of the other thread. Talk when you can if you wish to, albeit it silently. hugs. xox

(took a whole sleeping potion - think sleep may be elusive tonite. Ack. So impatient. Just wanna know and get on with it. You understand. x
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 04:48 am
@Izzie,
Waiting here. I can pace or rearrange the throw pillows on the couch. Let me know which is preferable. Smile
mismi

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:28 am
@jespah,
the usual for me Iz....(((IZZIE)))
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:34 am
Nearby.

Joe(or, leastways, near this keyboard)Nation
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 08:10 am
@Izzie,

i am here for you too, Izzie
Izzie

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 10:31 am
@Endymion,
Hey Lovelies

Well... what to say. So sorry you’ve been waiting " I’ve been trying to get my head around things. No BAD news for me per se (we don’t think) ... the biopsy (histology) results were not there (at the hospital) BUT the consultant is reasonably assured having removed the stitches that all that needed to be cut out, was. It’s healed well. He took a good look at my back, I also have these little bump like things on my hands that come and go.. they feel like burns... he is dx’ing discoid lupus, along with the SLE and RA. What a hodgepodge I am.

Anyhoo... even tho the results aren’t back, I am tending to think as he does, that this is another "lupus" kick in the bahookie (nasty nasty disease - hate it---- oh there's that H word, not used often).

He has prescribed me steroid cream " Elocon - (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/lifestyle/healthfitness/health_advice/netdoctor/archive/100000912.html) and talked to me about changing my drug regime if this worsens, to antimalarials (which I don’t really want to do as methotrexate appears to keeping me relatively under control). I've used plaquenil and antiM's before.... did not help me AT ALL. The rheumatologist said last week that even tho methotrexate is a cytoxic drug " he doesn’t believe it has caused this boundary break with SLE and DLE (just one of those things (damn immune system) " tho it is a drug which makes me photosensitive " but then again I don’t exactly sun-worship.

So.... along with moisturisers - diprobase and cetraben (which fortunately I can get on prescription), it should ease the symptoms. I must only use the steroid cream sparingly coz of the side effects " so, will give it a go. No idea HOW I am supposed to apply it to my back. How is that possible on my own? Mmmmmm. Hey ho!

I’m waiting to hear back from the dermatologist re the biopsy " should be phoning me within the next hour. I’m sure it will be fine tho. I am sure.

The not so good news.... but not BAD... is that I have to undergo surgery again late Jan/early Feb on my right foot.

ACK.

Cr*p body. Had more x-rays (neverending a?) which show my big toe is crossing over the TOP of my second toe causing me to limp and the pressure on the tendon, which affects my leg, which of course, we all knew. It’s very rare for this to happen " the twisting toe after MTP fusion - and my surgeon is pretty mortified " he does feel terrible that he didn’t shorten the big toe when the foot was fused but it's hard to guage the position when under a general anaesthetic " the toe is twisting and deformed..... we kinda knew this was on the cards coz I haven't been right since the surgery last Feb and now the twisting is worsening, so.... action plan...

Cut big toe in half below the IP joint (1st joint) " remove some of the bone to shorten the toe, then remove a wedge of bone, quick nip and tuck, staple the bones together and sew it all back together nice and neat, plaster the foot as before, for 6 weeks and.... hip hap hop " sorted. Amazing what they can do really.

I know, I am being a little flippant here, but I can’t think too much about the ack side of it " this is NOTHING like the previous 3 surgeries " he tells me it won’t be nearly as painful, again, it’s just the way this disease gets me. If Noddy were here she would be saying something really clever right now " so, I am trying to hold my dominion without her and trying be strong.

Actually, I don’t want to be strong. Thing is, I know I won’t tell anyone here family wise about it until after Christmas " but of course I have to tell my boss and colleagues tonite who are going to ask (work evening meal out tonite) " and she’s not going to be a happy Headteacher, no matter how supportive she has been as a friend. Nem’mind. Can’t do much about that.

Somehow again I have to figure what will happen to the little fella with my surgery, and ..... all the stuff that goes with being on my own here and having to rely on people (yuk) and not driving for 2 months. Of course, I will cope " tho no doubt I will be in the wee self-pity stakes at times. I cannot abide pain. Excuse me when I do that.

Perspective... yesterday in this tiny, tiny village we live in, the air ambulance was called. My neighbours best friend.... 45.... died, heart attack " gone, just like that " leaving 2 children " 7 and 10, leaving his wife in pieces and struggling to imagine how her life will go on. All too reminiscent of Tulip and January 26th, 2008. All too reminiscent. Just..... quite unbelievable. My neighbour is distraught, in shock. I didn’t know this chap " his name was Chris. Yet. Terribly sad. Perspective gained.

Thanku all for asking, sitting, waiting and being here. Y'all know how much you mean to me - you've got me through the last year - thank you.

<errrrrrrrrrr JES......... throw pillows.... that would be FAB.... pillow fight!>

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:11:27