Do Canadians have gills or blow holes or what?

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:15 pm
Recently I have bought two breathing related products -- saline nasal spray and a humidifier. Both came with instructions printed in English that gave different directions for use depending on whether you were in the USA or in Canada.

American's are supposed to use it one way; Canadians another way.

(Who knows what they're telling the Latino's to do -- I can't translate the text correctly but I think they must have swim bladders or something.)

(The French instructions for the Canadians seem to indicate that they have swim bladders too; Canadians are just so complicated.)

One of my very best friends is Canadian and I keep trying to see what kind of breathing apparatus she uses but it seems to kind of piss her off. She's Dutch-Canadian though so who knows how she manages to breathe.

Why are Canadians told to use these over the counter doohickeys differently?

Would I prove my coolness by doing it the Canadian way?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,139 • Replies: 15
No top replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:18 pm
@boomerang,
would love to read those directions
boomerang

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:27 pm
@husker,
I wish I'd saved them!

Mostly it's little things like if your in the USA you should keep your head upright and if you're in Canada you should tip your head back.

On the humidifier it was something like add the salt before instead of after you add the water or plug it in before you did something instead of after.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:29 pm
@boomerang,
I'm looking in the mirror.
I look like other Canajuns.
<looks around>
where's Set? I can use him as a control.

no I can't control him
husker

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:37 pm
@ehBeth,
laffs with ehbeth
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:38 pm
@boomerang,
What brands and models?

Maybe the instructions are online.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh! Such wonderful test subjects!

Slip him a roofie and investigate.

Mo insists that he is part shark (many gills, no swim bladder) and I tell him: There are days that you will wish you were Canadian, but you're not. But if you study hard and work hard they might let you in someday, maybe even welcome you, but you have to prove yourself.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:15 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
Mostly it's little things like if your in the USA you should keep your head upright and if you're in Canada you should tip your head back.

Sounds like a curvature of the earth thing. (just a guess) It might help Canadians also walking sideways. Smile

Also Canada is usually MUCH colder during winter months when cold season is prevelant. (excluding Alaska).

Cold could constrict/contract the breathing passages more.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:31 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

There's a good joke buried in there somewhere. Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:00 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

if you're in Canada you should tip your head back.

that sounds pretty dangerous actually, we're already pretty laid back, we might fall over and hit our heads
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:08 am
@boomerang,
Nah. We breathe through our pores, just like youse.

I wonder if the instructions started off in a different language altogther originally. A little cutural guess work on what would appeal to the different demographics by the marketer perhaps?

I've read some really terrible translations/funny **** on stuff before too.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 04:50 pm
Dem Canucks is jes diff'rent! Caint tell ya no more...
Reyn

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 06:31 pm
@margo,
We pride ourselves that we are cousins to the Brit folks, and don't spell humour the same way as the Yanks do. Wink

Although, things are getting pretty diverse in our land, and we become different in other ways.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 06:33 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:
We pride ourselves that we are cousins to the Brit folks

what! are you kidding me? you don't hear that kind of thing except in a few retiree communities nowadays
Reyn

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 07:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Laughing Well, I'm not that old, but I do like much of what the English have to offer. I guess I should edit my post and state "in my opinion".
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:44 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:

They figure the Canadians are used to tilting their heads back from blocking the puck with their chins. Smile
0 Replies