Ladies need help here!

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:43 pm
I don't know if it's the right place to post. Guess it is.

Hi every ladies here, my wife is facing a big trouble and this is affecting her emotionaly also. After we go married we notice and still that she is gaining weight every week pass. She tried cutting down in her food intake and do regular excercises but in vain. The problem here tha she and I don't know how to handle this issue correctly.

She doesn't keep in her excersice and diet. Now, one of her friend described a herb that will reomve this extra weight as said. But, I don't trust any herbs as they might have side effects.

What I want now, how do you girls and women keep yourself in shape and enjoy life? What is your secret potions ladies?

Thanks a bunch.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,758 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 05:30 am
@navigator,
Diet and exercise. I also take an over the counter drug called alli to help with weight loss. It is NOT for everyone and really should NOT be taken by someone with only a few pounds to lose. I had 200 lbs. to lose (I'm halfway done!) so it's worthwhile to me.

Really, she should eat right, watch her portions and exercise, and the weight will fall in line. But SHE needs to do it, her idea, NOT with prompting. I had plenty of people prompting me my entire life, but it did not really start to happen until I decided to take control of my health.

She needs to be the one with this idea. That's the best way for it to be followed through to a successful conclusion.
navigator

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 12:02 am
@jespah,
Thanks jespah, I always tell her that the exercise and diet are the only things I can see for a good body.

The herb she wants to try called lady's mantle. You might hear of it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 08:36 am
@navigator,
Has she checked with her doctor? I am always nervous about so-called herb cures. Her doctor might be able to guide her on what is best for her.

And you may not be intentionally doing this - and it certainly sounds like you have her best interests at heart, but she may be perceiving your advice in a negative light (i.e. my husband thinks I'm fat, unattractive, etc). which could make things worse.

Do you give this advice unsolicted? Or does she ask?
navigator

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:35 am
@Linkat,
I see her great and beautiful, and always tell her that she is not overweight! But her friends at college and also sisters and brothers see her gaining weight every week. That is whay she is so concerned about how doe she look.

I always keep telling her stick to the diet and exercise that all she needs.

She wants to be better for me as she says always.
Linkat

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 11:54 am
@navigator,
That's sweet!

I could tell that you didn't mean anything but to helpful - just sometimes things can be preceived differently than intended.
0 Replies