Gas Is So Cheap Since Obama Was Elected

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 04:03 pm
Last month it cost me 93.00 to fill up. today it cost me 54.00 for the same amount. And Obama has only been elected 8 days. this is great.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 17 • Views: 8,499 • Replies: 76

DrewDad

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 04:09 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
<snork>
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 04:10 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Last month it cost me 93.00 to fill up. today it cost me 54.00 for the same amount. And Obama has only been elected 8 days. this is great.

Before his first 100 days are over, it'll be free! Yesssssssssss. Free gas!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 04:13 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
That is so awesome.

It's gone down from $1.28/litre to $0.83/litre here.

It's amazing how the power and glory of Obama is already making the world a better place to live. I may grow to like him after all.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 04:19 pm
@Gargamel,
I'm providing free gas right now.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:19 pm
I only had to sell half my food stamp allocation to fill the gas tank on my porsche this week.
patiodog

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:21 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Yay! I can quit crack and go back to huffing! Yay!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:25 pm
@dyslexia,
I knew it -- a limousine liberal conspiracy between Barrack Hussein Obama, the Saudis, and DysleKKKsia. Talk about a smoking gun!
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
boomerang

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:30 pm
My welfare check was hand delivered by Johnny Depp.

Thanks Barack Obama!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:32 pm
Down near Elkton Md, I hear that theyre payin YOU to get their gas.
THANK YOU ALMIGHTY OBAMA.
WE Be saved from the aflliction of the evil douche bags .

(H2O man is having a stroke)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:41 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I'm providing free gas right now.

Me too, Drew. Bi-Polar has that effect on me from time to time. Caused by uncontrollable guffaws.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 06:16 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
sure , gas prices have dropped in canada too - and we even have a conservative government . since the stuff just bubbles up from the ground in alberta , we just need a bucket to scoop it up .

couple of comments :
- about a month ago there were some comments on CNBC about lowering gas prices . one of the old foxes said : "i think gas prices might fall to about a dollar a gallon again , but i'm afraid by that time you won't have a dollar left ! " . considering how unemployment is rising in both canada and the U.S. that scenario wouldn't surprise me .
while there is talk of helping the automobile industry , i can't see where the money would come from - and who is going to buy all the cars - the car lots are already overflowing with cars .
- commentators on the oil and exploration business claim that exploration has pretty well stopped and the real shock of SKYROCKETING gas prices will take all of us by surprise . that is , unless the economy tanks completely and we all start walking - where are we going to walk to ?
hbg (keeping his ear to the ground wondering if the grass is growing . of course it's not - it's beginning to freeze here - have to wait until spring )
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 06:50 pm
@hamburger,
hamburger wrote:

... who is going to buy all the cars - the car lots are already overflowing with cars .

Interesting comment, HB. We get monthly reports re unsold houses on the market. And, today, on NPR, was a story about a scientist who used satellite photos and population estimates to "determine" (by her own admission a very spongy number) that there are 61 trees on earth per human.
I wonder how many unsold cars, new and used, there are on dealers' lots and stored all over Detroit.
I did start a thread, the name of which I have forgotten, where a few, a very few, of us talk about economics, personal finance and stuff. Stop by.
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 02:03 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Food Is So Expensive Since Obama Was Elected...
farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 02:06 pm
@RexRed,
not for us. Since gas went down after the election all food prices have halved. Praise Obama.
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 02:13 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
not for us. Since gas went down after the election all food prices have halved. Praise Obama.

Wall Street dropping like a turd and food prices have halved?

Something is wrong with your math.

People on Wall Street are losing their shirts so they have decided to offer their socks too?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 02:44 pm
Praise be to 'bama

KFC stock prices just went up 2 points.

Gas is now at 1.87 a gallon

And we black women can now cut off you white folk while driving

Praise 'Bama

Gas price - 1.87 a gallon
Paying illegal neighbor to vote - 10.00
Scared white people - priceless
cjhsa

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 02:47 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

Praise be to 'bama

KFC stock prices just went up 2 points.

Gas is now at 1.87 a gallon

And we black women can now cut off you white folk while driving

Praise 'Bama

Gas price - 1.87 a gallon
Paying illegal neighbor to vote - 10.00
Scared white people - priceless

Well, that's about the most racist thing I've read all day.

That and the fact the chicken sandwich at Wendy's went up a $1.
hamburger

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 03:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb :

we live in a small city in eastern ontario (about 120,000 - perhaps 150,000 including towns and villages surrounding the city ) .
the city has quite a stable population : large university , government jobs (canada's penitentiary headquarters - always plenty of customers) , large military installation .

house prices never went through the roof here as in larger cities , but despite the influx of many retirees , we have noticed that houses simply don't turn over unless the price is right .
house prices are easing off - 1,200 sqft. bungalow with full basement and city services will bring about $210,00 to $225,000 - less outside city limits .

car dealers line our main drag from east to west . just received a letter from chrysler dealership ; since i worked for a local insurance company , they'll give me another $ 5-10 k off . sorry i can't oblige since we bought a car this summer - nine year old olds intrigue was starting to act up .
hbg
0 Replies