Gas Is So Cheap Since Obama Was Elected

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 02:36 pm
Oh for god's sake rex, grow up! No one is being racist. If you knew anything about either Shewolf or myself, you'd know that we make fun of stereotypes, we don't believe them.

jeeze.

Relax. No one is saying anything to be spiteful and the comments themselves aren't funny...it's the intent to mock those who actually believe that ****.
RexRed

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:19 pm
@Bella Dea,
Quote:
Oh for god's sake rex, grow up! No one is being racist. If you knew anything about either Shewolf or myself, you'd know that we make fun of stereotypes, we don't believe them.

jeeze.

Relax. No one is saying anything to be spiteful and the comments themselves aren't funny...it's the intent to mock those who actually believe that ****.

I appreciate your help here…

I have wanted to back off the “**** you” comment I made (especially directed toward a woman). I would still like to see the tone change. I was insulted...

Shewolf seems to have no ideal of the hatred masked in the words she chose to perpetuate. I am not SCARED to point that out openly and confront them.

I have been thrown many hateful words in my life, believe me, and I have ALWAYS stood up against them as I try to practice and defend words of edification

I have never had a problem till now and if the “sprightly but devious” jokes about race and sex continue I will still have a problem with it. I am considered gay, so, I am usually the first to smell a fart in a car, I just didn’t think I would be the first to suggest someone opening a window...

No offence to people in general but I am trying to say, this “casual racism” is ethically WRONG no matter how harmless it seems.

I am over my rant now… you can walk on my feet but not on my face. It is not even really right to make jokes about PETA although they act like a bunch of whacky loons, they generally have a relatively ethical ideal.

Though I have burned my onion many times here on a2k, look back in my posts, I have never intentionally made one single racial slur. I know my heart better than you.

The closest I have ever come to it was…

Once I posted the four words in an Obama thread, eeenie meenie minie moe.

I felt guilty about it for days… I felt I had said something that was not openly racist but could be perceived as deviously racist. Well I am and was sorry… Now that I have that off my chest…

You can hate me because my standards in caring for people are higher than your own, but…

I am a songwriter, I make sure my “songs” have class and are seasoned with grace… I believe that is the only way they will endure the sands of time.

If you read my songs you will know I attempt to cleverly use “love” as “the hook”…

I hold my discourse writing here on a2k up to the very same level of scrutiny and if that makes me a martyr in people’s eyes then, AMEN…

I prefer to think I live rather than die for salvation.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 03:38 pm
Let hope the gas prices stay low, the food prices low, the earth is healed, the melting pot of the world stays intact and we all live as examples of the most diversified culture in the world being the most unified, as one loving family of God.

Peace with God
0 Replies

dancerdoll

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2008 08:26 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
not really it started before he was elected
0 Replies

tony8718

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 01:42 pm
Its not because of Obama...God you people are ignorant. The economy sucks therefore the demand for gas is less....therefore the prices go down. Wait till January when it goes back up...will see if you are still praising him. If you havent realized the price for gas goes down after every election. Go read a book or something before you make a comment like that.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 01:43 pm
@tony8718,
tony8718 wrote:

Its not because of Obama...God you people are ignorant. The economy sucks therefore the demand for gas is less....therefore the prices go down. Wait till January when it goes back up...will see if you are still praising him. If you havent realized the price for gas goes down after every election. Go read a book or something before you make a comment like that.

And you're such a genius you don't understand sarcasm? It sure must be awesome being you!

I'm going to Google "book" now and see what exactly you're talking about.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:13 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

tony8718 wrote:

If you havent realized the price for gas goes down after every election. Go read a book or something before you make a comment like that.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 03:22 pm
@Gargamel,
Sorry, I hit the wrong button. Note the tags of this thread, by the way.

Nonetheless, I did google in Historical Crude Oil Prices. The table that comes up covers 1946 through 2007, I think in actual dollars and in inflation adjusted dollars. Please feel free to post that table, Tony, and make your argument. I don't know how to do linking, but I have done the legwork for you.
You are welcome if you want to thank me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 04:24 pm
While we were arguing here, the price of gas went down another 25 cents. Thank you Mr Obama.

Piece in our time
farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 04:25 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:

I Googled book too and wow, like there are sure a lot of em. Just like numbers.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 06:51 pm
@farmerman,
... at the same time the price of oil went up about 9 % !

Quote:
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. " Oil prices jumped 9 per cent Monday, pulled along by a surging Wall Street that reacted to news of a U.S. government bailout for Citigroup.

Phil Flynn, an analyst at Alaron Trading Corp., said oil initially seemed like it was heading downward, dropping to $48 (U.S.) overnight even amid talk about possible production cuts by OPEC.

OPEC president Chakib Khelil said Monday in Vienna, Austria, that if the organization met today, a cut of one million barrels would not be enough to support oil prices.

News that the U.S. government will take a $20-billion stake in Citigroup and guarantee hundreds of billions of dollars in risky assets gave both the stock market and oil market a boost, but Mr. Flynn said it's likely a short-term bump and he doesn't think investors are betting that the market has hit bottom.

they should have let citibank go down and the oilprice might have stayed down too - can't anyone get anything right anymore ?

link :
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081124.woilprices1124/BNStory/energy/home
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 08:07 pm
We actually need oil to be around 70$ a bbl to maintain prices and stability.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:33 am
@farmerman,
what are your predictions on the immediate rise at the pump that doubtless took place while I slept? Should I expect it to be back to 2.00 a galon when I go out to fill up this am?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:59 am
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2007/POLITICS/10/05/iraq.corruption/art.waxman.gi.jpg

Gas needs to cost $7/gallon or more so I can justify pork barrel electric car spending in my home district. Isn't that right Nancy?
0 Replies

Mike Stokes

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 10:33 pm
you people must be joking!
if Obama has anything too do with the drop in gas prices maybe we should credit him for starting the global recession.
roger

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 11:02 pm
@Mike Stokes,
Mike Stokes wrote:

you people must be joking!
if Obama has anything too do with the drop in gas prices maybe we should credit him for starting the global recession.

They're deadly serious, Mike. Odd though, that falling and rising gas prices cause the same recession, isn't it?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 12:38 pm
I don't care who is responsible, I am just glad gas went down. In July I paid
$ 4.65/gallon and now it's $ 1.59/gallon (premium). I am happy!
0 Replies