Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:41 am
Another distraction from what's important.... she is on tv right this second saying she never even set foot in these stores... can we just let this idiot bitch fade into obscurity?

Attention news media.... drop this bitch. Isn't there a picture of Britneys vagina someone hasn't seen? we're practically bankrupt....let's talk about that.

DrewDad

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:44 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
On the obscurity thing... we could stop talking about her on the Internet.
cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:44 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Did you notice how interesting Obama and Biden are in comparison?

Do you like watching paint dry? (watch me get called racist for that remark)
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:49 am
@DrewDad,
point taken.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:50 am
@cjhsa,
As a matter of fact I have noticed how interesting Obama is. I look forward to reading , seeing and hearing what he has to say daily.
cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:51 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Yeah, he says "uh" about 100 times a minute.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:58 am
@cjhsa,
he doesn't speak fast enough for that, but yeah, way too many uhs

I'm glad they've all pretty much disappeared from non-American media.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:11 am
@ehBeth,
I've noticed a propensity among academic types for a lot of that uh stuff....it's possible they think too quickly for their mouths to keep up....seriously...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:14 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I'm not going for it. It's easily avoidable - a little bit of speech training will get rid of it.

When I took a total immersion French course some years ago, we lost one full mark from our final grade each time we used any of the hesitators, umh, uh, eh. It took most of us about 3 days to wipe them out of our speech.

I think of those hesitators as speech laziness and am very annoyed by them.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:19 am
@ehBeth,
fortunately that's not what Obama is going to be graded on....and what's a few uhs after 8 years of the English terminator? Wink
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:20 am
@ehBeth,
I'll take his umm-and-ahhh speech hesitations any day over anything Bush EVER had to say. C'mon 8 yrs of the village idiot as compared to a few weeks of the bright insightful...hopeful ideas from Obama. He was a walking malapropism, making Dan Quayle look simple eloquent.

It hasn't bothered me much and I listen to him often. Seriously, this guy really is smart. And look what media does when he doesn't hesitate. They crucify him over a hasty or ill-chosen word phrase.
cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:35 am
@Ragman,
I think Bush is camera shy. I bet he's very different in person than what you see on TV.
eoe

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:41 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I don't think Sarah Palin did the shopping herself and remember reading an article a few weeks back that substantiated that. It was the campaign people who took down sizes and went shopping. Think about it. Between campaigning and having so much to learn in so little time, when would she have had the time to go on shopping sprees for herself and her family?

The party is determined to push the entire failure of their campaign off on this one woman. She is the official scapegoat and although she deserves a beatdown, there's plenty to use without the need for fabrication.
farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:44 am
@cjhsa,
I liked the snotty comment that Obama made about Nancy Reagan and her seances with dead presidents. I find that kind of wit refreshing now that Crawford will soon be getting its idiot back.
cjhsa

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I liked the snotty comment that Obama made about Nancy Reagan and her seances with dead presidents. I find that kind of wit refreshing now that Crawford will soon be getting its idiot back.

That would figure coming from you. You and Obama are like two parts of the same asshole, and you each smell just as bad as the other.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 09:57 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I've noticed a propensity among academic types for a lot of that uh stuff....it's possible they think too quickly for their mouths to keep up....seriously...

Yes, yes ... it's truly another sign that he's an intellectual.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 10:09 am
@Ticomaya,
I uh... agree.... uh.... completely with uh.... you Tico
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 10:28 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
. . . now that Crawford will soon be getting its idiot back.

One of my favorite bumper stickers, which i saw a few years back read: "Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot."
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 01:32 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I find that kind of wit refreshing now that Crawford will soon be getting its idiot back.

I think he's moving to Dallas. Doesn't have to pretend all that rancher stuff any longer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqrI3IibYI
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 02:59 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

I don't think Sarah Palin did the shopping herself and remember reading an article a few weeks back that substantiated that. It was the campaign people who took down sizes and went shopping. Think about it. Between campaigning and having so much to learn in so little time, when would she have had the time to go on shopping sprees for herself and her family?

The party is determined to push the entire failure of their campaign off on this one woman. She is the official scapegoat and although she deserves a beatdown, there's plenty to use without the need for fabrication.

Yep.

Kind of ugly to watch.

Especially since THEY PICKED HER.

0 Replies