Voyaging and Exploration

McTag

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 07:32 am
This is a link to a thread called "Avast and Aweigh" posted by Farmerman, and because it was in the wrong forum I believe it did not get a good airing: Sad

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=369999#top

So, if anyone is interested in this topic, perhaps they would like to take a look.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 850 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 07:41 am
How 'bout just having the topic author contact Moderator and ask for the topic to be moved? thanks!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 02:48 pm
jespah, I originally posted it on the ecology and outdoors forum. Your a2k people thought that it deserved a place in relationships for some reason. I guess cause it was a sea trek with just my wife and I. We kind of laughed at the forum location but I got some good responses, and as for as our relationship through it all, we had to rely on each other and each had to master all tasks and boat routines because , while we were underway, we never got above 20 knots and that was only for short stretches. So we were travelling at all weird hours and one slept and the other piloted and checked the engine and bilge pumps and surpression systems and "life support crap" . The only real argument we had was which one of us didnt properly close and clasp the frig when we hit some badass high seas, and we had food all over the galley, like eggs and milk. We had to put into port and clean with a wet/dry shop vaccuum the port boss lent us.
Fortunately that was a planned satop because I had bent up a prop universal shaft and needed some straitening on the prop from hitting a sunken spar that wasnt marked. We never argued about that, just the eggs and milk all over our neat little combination
dinnette, kitchen and small passage to the v berth cabins. We had egg **** on the walls , thats how high the seas from the squall were.

However, as I said to ossobuco, we still fell safer and more "in control" of our fates out in the deep than on I-5 along the San Juaquin valley in California. Those people can kill ya out there. Here in the water, you only have a few things to worry about, and usually only at one at a time

Thanks McTag,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2003 02:59 pm
I liked hearing about all this, farmerman, and look forward to seeing some pictures when you get the cd(s) back, even if they are mostly foggy-going-into-port.... I live in a fairly foggy port myself.
0 Replies