Snood... Get ready to be a happy man! Congratulations!

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:58 pm
@JPB,
What I meant by that comment JPB is his ethnicity encompasses more than one color. But, it seems sides are being drawn and people are picking which race they favor. In my opinion there is only one race, the human race. It's a shame people can't see that.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:01 pm
the White folks ain't ready to give up control to the unpure.

we will live through this chapter, I am certain...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:02 pm
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Why do you hate your own country?

I don't, but anyone who voted for that pig doesn't understand what our country was founded for. He's now the president of the USSA, and I will fight him to the death to get the USA back.

Just my opinion, but I think that Mr. Obama WILL get you your U.S.A. back. As for the people not understanding.... I think that they understand perfectly well. It is you who are having the problem with it.. not them.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 01:36 pm
@Intrepid,
Just a question here. Doesn't it bother anyone that Louis Farrakahn calls Obama "the messiah"? Bothers the heck out of me. Muslims don't call Christians brothers.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=77539
JPB

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 01:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
"Brothers and sisters," Farrakhan said, "Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way."

Farrakhan said, he "is not the Messiah for sure, but anytime he gives you a sign of uniting races, ethnic groups, ideologies, religions and makes people feel a sense of oneness, that's not necessarily Satan's work, that is, I believe, the work of God."

Muslims don't call Christians brothers? I've no idea what you're talking about.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 02:13 pm
Well-- that's all done and dusted now. snood can stand proud. Which he could have done before if he had tried. I don't recall anybody saying he wasn't a full-blown American before. I certainly didn't.

He's the first bloke whoever pm'd me. I can remember it from three years ago.

"How do you put up with Apisa's ****? " it said. Or nearly. I had been arguing with the phallic golfer on some obtuse point or other. I hadn't been hatched long and it was my first intimation that members were not always polite to each other as, of course, they ought to be. Clubs were invented in order to reduce the general bad manners of our barbaric anscestors.

We should move on. Let's make the bloody workers feel like full-blown citizens again.

The chattering classes, aka the Paperwork Party, showed their true colours with Joe the Plumber. That patronising tone, even when faking sympathetic cringing, of cloying, sickly, nervous superiority which is instantly dropped when the turd pipe gets blocked up and there is a "washback".

I saw one of those nostalgic steam-train programmes recently and this smarmy, oily voice over was going on about the guys in the black and white film who were getting an engine ready for the journey as if they were in a golden age. And they were full of soot, wet through and getting a pipe from an overhead tank into the hole. On 10 hour shifts earning enough to have lard butties for energy replacement purposes.

It was more subtle with Joe but it was the narrative. So if ever you become Sec.of State snood don't forget to remember how it feels.

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 03:26 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Just a question here. Doesn't it bother anyone that Louis Farrakahn calls Obama "the messiah"? Bothers the heck out of me. Muslims don't call Christians brothers.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=77539

I guess that idiot's opinion balances out with the many idiot's (without a powerful platform) that call him the "anti-christ."

Why would I care what LF call him?

T
K
O
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 03:29 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Muslims don't call Christians brothers.

Who, in your group of Muslim friends, told you that?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 03:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
err, and in what you reference, LF is not addressing President Elect Obama, and he is not referring to him as the messiah.

Not sure what translation device you're running it through, but that's not what it says.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 04:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Um, sure sounded like he was saying he is the messiah ehBeth. I'll listen to it again. What I meant about Muslims don't call Christians brothers is Christians are infidels to the Muslims, as Jews are, as anyone is that does not accept Allah as God. So, why would Farrakahn refer to Obama in any way at all as the messiah?

I will go back and listen to that video again.

Uh, ehBeth, either you missed this:

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

Or Farrakahn is speaking out both sides of his mouth according to your post.
Diest TKO

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 04:51 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Um, sure sounded like he was saying he is the messiah ehBeth. I'll listen to it again. What I meant about Muslims don't call Christians brothers is Christians are infidels to the Muslims, as Jews are, as anyone is that does not accept Allah as God. So, why would Farrakahn refer to Obama in any way at all as the messiah?

I will go back and listen to that video again.

Uh, ehBeth, either you missed this:

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

Or Farrakahn is speaking out both sides of his mouth according to your post.

Again, what does it matter what LF says? Obama never said he is the messiah. Obama is a Christian, that means he believe the messiah already came and that his name was Jesus (well Joshua actually). It's of no matter what LF says.

Additionally, I have yet to meet a Muslim that thinks non-Muslims are infidels. I'm sure they exist, but to make such a general statement about all Muslims is irresponsible. Would you like Christianity defined by the Westborough Baptist Church in Kansas?

I don't think so.

T
K
O
JPB

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 05:50 pm
@Arella Mae,
AM, did you read it?

Quote:

"Brothers and sisters," Farrakhan said, "Barack Obama to me, is a herald of the Messiah. Barack Obama is like the trumpet that alerts you something new, something better is on the way."

Farrakhan points out that the man Nation of Islam followers refer to as "the Savior," Fard Muhammad, had a black father and a white mother, just as Obama did.

"A black man with a white mother became a savior to us," he said. "A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall.

"Would God allow Barack to be president of a country that has been so racist, so evil in its treatment of Hispanics, native Americans, blacks?" he asked. "Would God do something like that? Yeah. Of course he would. That's to show you that the stone that the builders rejected has become the headstone of the corner. This is a sign to you. It's the time of our rise. It's the time that we should take our place. The future is all about you."

Farrakhan suggested he would keep a low profile in the campaign, despite his enthusiasm for Obama.

"That's why you have never heard me make any comment," he explained. "I love that brother, and I want to see that brother successful. I don't want to say anything that would hurt that brother, and I don't want them to use me or the Nation of Islam."

Returning to the theme that Obama is a mystical figure, Farrakhan said, he "is not the Messiah for sure, but anytime he gives you a sign of uniting races, ethnic groups, ideologies, religions and makes people feel a sense of oneness, that's not necessarily Satan's work, that is, I believe, the work of God."

He went on to point out that when religious scholars talk about Christ or the Islamic Mahdi, they never talk in racial terms " again, pointing to Obama's mixed racial background.

Farrakhan isn't speaking out of both sides of his mouth at all. Each of the Abrahamic traditions are waiting for a messiah. Christians are looking for the second coming while Jews and Muslims await the first.

Just as Christians think that Jews missed the boat when they didn't come on board with Jesus 2000 years ago, Muslims think Christians got on the wrong boat when they did. Everyone in the Abrahamic religions thinks a messiah will come but no one that I've heard thinks that Barack Obama is he; certainly not the Muslims. Here are the prerequisites for the Islamic savior.

1. He will be an Arab, from the tribe of Banû Hãshim.

2. He will be from the descendants of the Prophet Muhammad through his daughter Fatima.

3. He will be the descendant of Husayn, son of Fatima and ‘Ali.

4. He will appear in Mecca.

5. Finally, one of the most interesting thing that we find in the sayings of the Prophet is that Imam al-Mahdi will be helped by Prophet Jesus.

Oh... and LF calling Obama a "brother" could simply mean he's an African American.
spendius

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 06:17 pm
@JPB,
Oh no. The line is through Ayesha. Not Fatima.
JPB

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 06:39 pm
@spendius,
Could be. Here's my source.

I agree with TKO with respect to shrugging off whatever LF was preaching back in February. But regardless, he didn't say what she said he said and what he did say doesn't trouble me in the least.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 08:03 pm
@Diest TKO,
Oh lighten up for pete's sake! It's just a freaking discussion! Some of y'all are so touchy.

I am going to see if I can find a video of the complete speech. But as far as this discussion is concerned, I'm sorry I even brought it up.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 10:01 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Would you like Christianity defined by the Westborough Baptist Church in Kansas?

I don't think so.

T
K
O

I, for one, would certainly hope not.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 10:08 pm
@Arella Mae,
Lighten up? I wasn't aware I was going heavy here. One might tell you to lighten up. My point remains, LF is an irrelevant character in Obama's victory.

T
K
O
OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 01:35 am
@Diest TKO,
I think knockout punches qualify as heavy, and this is one was solid:
“Would you like Christianity defined by the Westborough Baptist Church in Kansas?”
(It takes a special kind of person to attempt to impugn anyone based on what Farrakhan says.)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:40 am
Thank you Diest, JPB, O'Bill, for your characteristic instructive good sense.

AM, you bring up the LF thing, then you want to admonish someone else to "lighten up"? You sure look clueless here.

And spendius - I could have stood proud "if I had tried"? As the rapper T.I. says ,"Homey, you don' know me."

Obama didn't create me, won't make or break me, but I have, and will continue to acknowledge the singular significance on an individual and universal level of his rise to be POTUS.
spendius

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 08:08 am
@snood,
It might be not so much a case of rising as one of any other potential contenders having become disqualified in a puritanical society by the act of living life to the full during their prosperity. The "kiss and tell" brigade have more power in these matters than is decent in my opinion.
0 Replies