Snood... Get ready to be a happy man! Congratulations!

JPB

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:23 am
@snood,
((( snood ))))
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:08 am
Eorl - of course. And thanks.
Izzie

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 05:17 am
@snood,
Snood...

just... got goosebumps reading this thread... and Setanta's "proud" thread.

makes me so proud of what has been accomplished...

rightly so!

0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:18 am
@snood,
snood,

Thank you for re-posting that .
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
LionTamerX

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:28 am
@cjhsa,
cj.

The country, and the entire word, is now officially sick of your brand of ****.
Kindly take notice.
alex240101

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 07:47 am
Just think if Hillary were on the Obama ticket. I would of fainted from an overdose of joy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 08:31 am
We lived to see the day.
Intrepid

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 09:43 pm
@cjhsa,
Why do you hate your own country?
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:13 am
Snood - I hope the moment was every bit as wonderful as... well... as wonderful as you could never have imagined it could be--to be honest. I remember when Obama walked on stage, and even before saying a single word, just hold his wife and walking with his beautiful children, I was awe struck.

The headlines the next day would never capture the magnitude of the accomplishment. History happened when the first black president was elected, but what "happened" to America took place some time before it, and it's not as easy as November 4th to put a pin in. What happened to us was that Obama was man being judged by his merits.

Obama didn't win an election in fair weather times. He didn't win against a nobody. He didn't win with some sort of handicap advantage. This wasn't some discount reparation to the descendants of slaves or immigrants.

This was a historic election for everyone. Huge turnouts. This is what we wanted--needed.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for" ~Barack Obama

I have some pictures from the days around the election... an Obama Rally and the ad hoc victory rally on Pennsylvania Ave. The last one is my favorite.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n3psklkrOgk/SRRoOhSn22I/AAAAAAAAAzo/7V8uv8eVMyI/s1600-h/DSC01638.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n3psklkrOgk/SRRoOCUGVQI/AAAAAAAAAzY/2cqj3r4j_bA/s1600-h/DSC00208.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n3psklkrOgk/SRRoNphSlaI/AAAAAAAAAzQ/8YCpXY5DwDI/s1600-h/DSC00201.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n3psklkrOgk/SRRoNWKZUQI/AAAAAAAAAzI/uTfzxDVSJfU/s1600-h/DSC00194.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n3psklkrOgk/SRRoOSoBOYI/AAAAAAAAAzg/OUPRIBm1Ohs/s1600-h/DSC01654.JPG

Enjoy it.

T
K
O

0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:20 pm
@cjhsa,
Sooner, rather than later, I hope.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:27 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Sooner, rather than later, I hope.

I suppose I could just come eat at your restaurant and put myself out of my misery.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:30 pm
@cjhsa,
Pity I no longer have restaurants, because if your racist ass showed up; I might save you the trouble.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:41 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
You're such a pathetic piece of WT.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:23 pm
@cjhsa,
I don't like Obama either. I have my reasons. However, the racism that is running rampant in the country right now due to his being elected is sickening. People do not seem to realize the man is half white and half black. In that regard, you would think we'd find more in common instead of more division.

The chat rooms are filled with racism right now. It's coming from both sides and from people I'd never seen say a racist thing before.

He is the president elect and in January he becomes the President. Time to start praying instead of complaining.
JPB

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 04:59 pm
@Arella Mae,
People? Sure people do. The only hatred I hear being spewed is coming from conservative right-wingnuts and self-proclaimed Fundamentalist Christians. I've never known either group to be overly concerned with "people" just their own narrow self-righteous agendas.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 05:52 pm
@Arella Mae,
And, honestly, why does the fact that he has one white parent make his election any more palatable than if he was black on both sides of his family?

Racism is racism and intolerance is intolerance. The energies that the people you're watching expend on bitterness could be put to much good but they're too busy being filled with hatred and intolerance to think of anything but themselves. Perhaps you can now begin to see why some of us are so determined to keep these folks out of government.