They Believe What They Want To - And Its Way Scary

snood

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 05:58 pm
I work with some people I would've thought were fairly educated and aware. But look at what one of the registered pharmacists at work forwarded to me. He was all fired up today at work about what he'd "read about Obama"...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Short, and unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

From Sunday's Televised 'Meet the Press' Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag. Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, 'Stand and Face It'

Senator Obama Live on Sunday states, 'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people
in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.' We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love.

My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years ago. She has her views and I have mine'.

WHAAAAAAAT !!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it right. This could possibly be our next President. I, for one, am speechless.

Dale Lindsborg,
Washington Post
John 3:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now mind you - I watch Meet the Press every Sunday, so I know this "interview" didn't occur, and is a complete and utter sladerous lie. But it is so scary to me that supposedly adult, intelligent people are swallowing shyt like this and passing it on as fact.

My mother-in-law passed something like this on to my wife as more "shocking discoveries about Obama", and got both barrels of my wife calling bullshit.

I mean, Meet the Press? The Washington Post? Don't any of these people know how easy it is to check those kinds of sources? Or is it that they know that the imbeciles they send this stuff to don't bother to WATCH THE NEWS?!??!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,667 • Replies: 17
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:04 pm
@snood,
All of that will be laid to rest tomorrow, snood. Those dummies will have to accept the election results, like it or hate it.
snood

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Its just unsettling - the willful ignorance.

If Obama wins, it will be powerful consolation though.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:08 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Its just unsettling - the willful ignorance.

If Obama wins, it will be powerful consolation though.
that's certainly my hope.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:10 pm
@snood,
Everybody I associate with on the job, with two or three exceptions, are the same as that person, snood. I have lost a great deal of respect for the human race over the past 40 years. But, there are bright spots, as Obama proves.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:12 pm
@snood,
Where do you suppose this stuff comes from? I mean, is it cooked up in the back room of McCain's campaign or some other nutjob's basement?

And how does your MIL feel about you? Ignore this question if you'd like. I'm just curious.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:17 pm
@snood,
Snood-I faithfully listen to an NPR show in mid-afternoon. I can't think of the name right now, but it includes chats with "political junkies." One of them made a comment about the internet and how it can be a double-edged sword, providing useful information but also spreading around useless crap. What is useful and what is useless is in the eye of the beholder, I reckon.
Tomorrow night it will be over.
snood

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:45 pm
@eoe,
We could talk in PMs if we had 'em. Not inclined to talk about it for public consumption, tho.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:25 pm
@snood,
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

Apparently similar to the radio war-of-the-world thing which happened in the 30s of the last century and not just some sort of maliciously made-up BS.

The stuff about Oinkbama wanting to shut down the American coal industry on the other hand appears perfectly real. THAT sort of BS amounts to a desire on the part of the envirowhack wing of the demoKKKrat party to shut down human activity for the greater glory of Gaea, which is a form of idolatry.

But YOU're supposed to be the expert on negros... Tell us what black people are supposed to get out of sitting around in the dark and freezing in the winter time; enquiring minds want to know.
chai2

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:38 pm
@eoe,
I'm not surprised this stuff is made up. What I find distressing is that whoever does it knows that if it's said out loud, some people will just swallow it whole without checking.
chai2

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy, which show is that?
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:51 pm
@chai2,
Chai wrote:
I'm not surprised this stuff is made up. What I find distressing is that whoever does it knows that if it's said out loud, some people will just swallow it whole without checking.

<H2OMAN enters room and asks, "Did someone call me?">
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:53 pm
@chai2,
"Talk of the Nation." Long, thoughtful discussions.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:04 pm
@snood,
Perhaps it was a comment to some article. Or, had nothing at all to do with Wapo.

But, yeah, re your point.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:22 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't think things will be over tomorrow. Hate festers.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 10:03 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

We could talk in PMs if we had 'em. Not inclined to talk about it for public consumption, tho.

Got it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 10:04 pm
@gungasnake,

Quote:
The stuff about Oinkbama wanting to shut down the American coal industry on the other hand appears perfectly real.

Well snakkke I heard uncle fester's rant about this so I went and found the quote. Obama was talking about supporting clean coal tedh because building a coal plant with todays tech would "bankrupt them" due to the emissions standards.

Uncle fester is a senile old fart who no longer has any connection with facts or truth. Thus, hes your kind of guy, a guy who feels that history is arbitrary and scientific facts are debatable.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 10:22 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Well snakkke I heard uncle fester's rant about this so I went and found the quote. Obama was talking about supporting clean coal tedh because building a coal plant with todays tech would "bankrupt them" due to the emissions standards....

Somehow or other you'd like to think that if demoKKKrats had any interest in clean coal technology they'd have said something when SlicKKK KKKlintler sealed off that entire low-sulfur coal region in Utah for the benefit of his LIPPO chums who own the planet's only other similar resource.

That's called "Utahgate" which you can look up on the web. Jerome Zeifman said that was one of three things he'd have impeached SlicKKK for, the other two being the obious bribes to Web Hubbel and Monica Lewinski.

Lewinski by the way is voting Republican or so I hear; claims the dems left a bad taste in her mouth or something like that.

0 Replies