Diest TKO

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:47 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
The APA for PC reasons do a large number of hoop jumpings but that is that on the face of it.

Push your fingers any deeper in your ears and they'll touch.

T
K
O
Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:53 pm
@Diest TKO,
He doesn't understand coherent sentences, TKO.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:00 pm
@Diest TKO,
Sure, don't deal with the argument in front of you, instead attach a derogatory image of the speaker to the thread and move on. This is a constant habit of those on your side of the isle in this thread, this resorting to insulting those who don't agree with you. Normally when this happens this means that a person is out of argument.
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:04 pm
@Lightwizard,
If you say so however once more the only "reason" that the sex drive was added to the animal lives on this planet was for reproduction and gay sex is a misdirection of personal resources and if we allow gay married of the society resources.

Yes you have a large emotional stake in thinking otherwise and if name calling make you feel better by all means enjoy yourself.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:10 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
gay sex is a misdirection of personal resources and if we allow gay married of the society resources.

which has been the consensus of almost all of our ancestors, much of the time being considered so central to the building of a solid society that the evaluation was made that gay behaviour must be repressed and depressed the best of the collectives ability.

We have not any conclusive evidence that our ancestors were wrong, only a moral aversion to the subject as well as the conclusions reached.
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye this sub-group of our citizenes had a large emotional stake in this issue and to a great degree the whole matter concern thier wish that by allowing gay mariages the society would be putting it seal of approval on such relationships.

We are the same as everyone else is what they wish to hear and the fact that they are clearly not the same, that they happen to have a misdirection sex drive is something that cause them pain to hear.

So let them names call if that will result in them feeling better.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:17 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So let them name call if that will result in them feeling better.

and thus we must, as we can't control other people. However, when the pro gay rights side ducks the intellectual sparing and has no response to a landed blow it is fair to point out to all. It is highly unlikely that there will be a TKO in this contest, it will be decided on points. We must all be clear about the scoring.
Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Not name calling, just an evolutionary description of the subject. It doesn't make me feel any better or worse to realize who I am addressing.

As far as scoring, your defense is to sack the quarterback -- unfortunately, you're not even close.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye I had wonder if the distaste that a large part of almost all human cultures in history seem to share toward gay relationships and those who enter into such relationships might also have a evolutional/biological connection to some degree at least.

Of course this whole area is a PC landmine where unbiased science and research can not exist.
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Sure, don't deal with the argument in front of you, instead attach a derogatory image of the speaker to the thread and move on.

The argument before us is that the APA's decision wasn't based on science. Billy continues this line in the face of the mass evidence contrary. The fact that research had begun some 20 years plus before his daydreams of gay conspiracy agendas and that the same research had not found gays to be sociopaths (a fact that somehow Billy wasn't informed about despite how educated he likes to pretend he is), in fact they were psychologically indistinguishable from heterosexuals.

So you and Billy here can throw your little temper tantrums, but it won't change the facts. As for derogatory terms, Billy thinks that insisting I'm gay is an insult. "Gay" isn't an insult, but you believe it is. The fact that you use the language as such only shows the deficit in material support for your argument.

T
K
O
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:27 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Hawkeye I had wonder if the distaste that a large part of almost all human cultures in history seem to share toward gay relationships and those who enter into such relationships might also have a evolutional/biological connection to some degree at least.

Of course this whole area is a PC landmine where unbiased science and research can not exist.

we moderns are spoiled at the moment, we have not for generations faced the prospects of not surviving (with the exception of the possibility of blowing up the world in war). Our Ancestors needed to survive, which meant that they needed to make rational and concrete decisions about what would be good for the collective and what would be harmful. They almost universally decided that open homosexual behaviour was harmful. There must have been good basis for this evaluation, humanity did not survive and prosper by making poor choices. I don't think that anyone had the luxury of trying to figure out where harmful behaviour came from, all energy went into separating good/bad, finding the bad, and extinguishing the bad.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:29 pm
@BillRM,
Billy wrote:
...this sub-group of our citizens...

Welcome to the USA, we have one class of citizenship.

Billy wrote:
So let them names call if that will result in them feeling better.

The names they will call you will never effect you as the actions you take against them. Grow a pair you coward.

T
K
O
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:30 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
As for derogatory terms, Billy thinks that insisting I'm gay is an insult.

I don't know that he made the statement intending it to be an insult, it sounded like a statement of fact to me. However, given that you at least date girls I wonder what basis he has for his statement.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:32 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:

America is not classless, while technically legally we are supposed to be classless affirmative action and and whole host of such laws shows that the ideal of a classless society does not exist here and now, even in law.
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
As for derogatory terms, Billy thinks that insisting I'm gay is an insult.

I don't know that he made the statement intending it to be an insult, it sounded like a statement of fact to me. However, given that you at least date girls I wonder what basis he has for his statement.

If his barometer for truth is measured by his ability to declare as fact my sexuality, then we can save ourselves a lot of time and just throw out his arguments. He wouldn't know "fact" if it bit his ass.

The truth is that his thinly veiled attempt to provoke me is wasted. He wants me to show disgust at the notion of me being gay (or thought of as gay) to show that I too have some prejudice or disapproval of gays. He'll get no such satisfaction. I'm more offended that he uses the concept of gay as a declaration of a "sub-group," than being called it myself.

The problem with you and Billy is that we keep telling you the sky is blue, but you won't just look up. Instead you'll insist that our declaration that the sky is blue must come from some bias toward the color blue.

T
K
O
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

America is not classless, while technically legally we are supposed to be classless affirmative action and and whole host of such laws shows that the ideal of a classless society does not exist here and now, even in law.

Part of the gay rights movement is to reconcile part of that inconsistency. You use words like "technically" and "legally" as if they were trivial in your post above.

There should be one class for all people.

That's the point.
K
O
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:52 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
The problem with you and Billy is that we keep telling you the sky is blue, but you won't just look up. Instead you'll insist that our declaration that the sky is blue must come from some bias toward the color blue.

at some point in this life hopefully you will learn that you have no right to insist that other people reach the same conclusions that you do, that yours must be right because all your knowledge and logic suggests that you are right. I don't think I have insulted you personally, from the information available to me you seem like a good guy, there is nothing wrong with you that a little time on this earth with an open mind won't cure.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:54 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
There should be one class for all people.

we have that as an ideal, but has it ever existed? Can it ever exist? would it be a good thing if it did come to exist?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:55 pm
@Diest TKO,
Now hawkeye admits that he believes homosexuals should be extinquished for the good of HIS collective. Heil Hitler.

One class of citizenship?

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. -Dorothy Parker

Many people were name-calling Hitler and his exterminating gays (guys, no girls), but that's not what got rid of him -- he had to be "extinquished".

The question is going to be -- who are the bad? Those who believe the "collective" has God or Jesus to support them in denying a group the right of marriage.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:59 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
Now hawkeye admits that he believes homosexuals should be extinquished for the good of HIS collective.

No, I said no such thing.