What do I need in my new computer?

margo

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 07:39 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
Has my timing gone bizarre - or are Stilly and Deb both posting around 3am???

even dadpad seems to be posting about 2.30am
Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:28 am
@margo,
Quote:
or are Stilly and Deb both posting around 3am???

Yeah, we take a break around then from our wild antics to indulge in mind-expanding drugs and post on A2K......

...prob'ly one of those server-****-up thingies. Like the one that dumped my highly popular 'comment on the ads' thread. Hmmmmm.... to quote the bunny..
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 02:33 am
I take it back - the time right now (according to A2K) is around 10.30 at night. Don't think so. I might take a look a the time settings for the profile - they probably have set it for Sydney, NS (Novia Scotia*) - not Sydney NSW!

*can you believe that people have actually booked themselves on flights to Australia to land there! Nothing to do but check out the the Canadian Tire catalogue I guess... G-O-GG-TIRE!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 06:33 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Has my timing gone bizarre - or are Stilly and Deb both posting around 3am???

even dadpad seems to be posting about 2.30am

Nope.

I was fast asleep in my little bed by then.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 07:48 am
deb

I mentioned CNET before. Here's a page you might want to look at...buyer's guide, tests and reviews, tech staff recommendations, etc
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktop-computers/?tag=hdr;snav
dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 07:55 am
@blatham,
Thankee!
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 09:18 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
But...did you mention the XP thing because you think Vista not good, or just to save money???

I think Vista is good. I had a pre-release version for I used for a few months. I thought it was better then XP, and liked it alot. However it didn't really change my computing habits, or make my life much easier. When the pre-release expired I went back to XP, and don't think its worth it to pay to upgrade.

So I guess I was just offering the idea as a way to save some money. A quick search at Best Buy (not the cheapest place) shows $240 for Vista Home Premium. I thought if you already had an XP cd, you could just install that on the new computer and save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

0 Replies