My doctor has strongly suggested Fosomax for over a year.

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:24 am
I finally agreed and took my first pill on Monday morning. Tuesday afternoon I found myself in the emergency room with pains across my chest, neck and upper back (heart attack symptoms). After EKG and CAT scans results proved no cardiac danger, Fosomax side effects were determined the cause. I had no idea the degree of discomfort and overall effects this drug would have on my 49 year old body.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,061 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 08:32 am
@North Country Girl,
Sorry to hear about the side effects. What are you taking the drug for?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 06:59 pm
Fosamax is in the group of medicines called bisphosphonates (bis FOS fo nayts). It alters the cycle of bone formation and breakdown in the body. Fosamax slows bone loss while increasing bone mass, which may prevent bone fractures.

Fosamax is used to treat or prevent postmenopausal osteoporosis and steroid-induced osteoporosis. It is also used to treat Pagets disease of bone.

Fosamax may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

http://www.drugs.com/fosamax.html
Cliff Hanger

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 05:21 am
@Wilso,
Thanks for the explanation-- I half expected/hoped the poster of the thread to be more of a participant and explain their dilemma more.
0 Replies