16
   

8 year old accidently shoots himself with an Uzi

 
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:21 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Again, you show your idiocy of thinking that just because the man
is a doctor and a man of letters he is not an idiot.

A idiot does what he did, regardless of his education and standing
in the community. I don't expect you to understand that with
your narrow mindedness.

If he had been an idiot, he 'd not even have been able
to pass a driver 's license test, let alone all of the complex
anatomy n biochemistry, etc.; very clearly, he is THE OPPOSITE
of an idiot.

I wish that u had addressed the cinematic aspects
of my post; do u revel in the vulnerability of the good-guy victim,
rooting for the evil homicidal monster, Richard ?
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:25 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Foolishness does not have the same meaning as fool. Even you can't be that foolish David.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:31 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Foolishness does not have the same meaning as fool. Even you can't be that foolish David.

OBVIOUSLY, foolishness is derivative of fools.
Even YOU are smart enuf to figure THAT out.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
A derivative does not make it the same thing.
0 Replies
 
Intrepid
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 10:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Again, you show your idiocy of thinking that just because the man
is a doctor and a man of letters he is not an idiot.

A idiot does what he did, regardless of his education and standing
in the community. I don't expect you to understand that with
your narrow mindedness.

If he had been an idiot, he 'd not even have been able
to pass a driver 's license test, let alone all of the complex
anatomy n biochemistry, etc.; very clearly, he is THE OPPOSITE
of an idiot.

I wish that u had addressed the cinematic aspects
of my post; do u revel in the vulnerability of the good-guy victim,
rooting for the evil homicidal monster, Richard ?



Fine. Arguing with an idiot over the meaning and use of the word idiot is idiotic.

Do you agree that the father, the doctor who was smart enough to pass a simple drivers test was irresponsible in letting his 8 year old son handle and fire a weapon that could clearly have the capacity to kill him? Which it did!
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 10:41 pm
@Intrepid,
My my true there had been some normal thread drift after 18 pages had been written on the subject but without covering a must more expanded area this thread would had die out a hundred or so posts ago.

There is no reason why we should just let the thread die if we instead wish to expand on the subject being cover.

Why don't you just stop reading this thread if you do not care for the drift in the subject matter?
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:15 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Why don't you just stop reading this thread if you do not care for the drift in the subject matter?


Perhaps because he wishes to provide an alternative perspective, Bill? Perhaps because it matters enough to him?

I must say Intrepid has more stamina in taking on you & the rest of your ilk here than I ever could have. At some point I make a decision that continuing to respond in such circumstances is a total waste of time (within the context of a particular thread, not for a minute believing that persistant illogical "arguments" win the day ... or the hearts & minds of anyone.)

The thing is, most people have stopped reading, I suspect.

But you can continue for as long as you like! It still doesn't mean you've swayed anyone to your point of view.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:51 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
Why don't you just stop reading this thread if you do not care for the drift in the subject matter?


I must say Intrepid has more stamina in taking on you & the rest of your ilk here than I ever could have. At some point I make a decision that continuing to respond in such circumstances is a total waste of time (within the context of a particular thread, not for a minute believing that persistant illogical "arguments" win the day ... or the hearts & minds of anyone.)

Yes; no matter HOW good n meritorious arguments are,
thay will have no tangible effects.

We r neither members of a legislature,
deciding how to vote on a bill,
nor judges of a court of law,
deciding a case of litigation.

We r only passing the time of day (or nite)
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 04:27 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

Again, you show your idiocy of thinking that just because the man
is a doctor and a man of letters he is not an idiot.

A idiot does what he did, regardless of his education and standing
in the community. I don't expect you to understand that with
your narrow mindedness.

If he had been an idiot, he 'd not even have been able
to pass a driver 's license test, let alone all of the complex
anatomy n biochemistry, etc.; very clearly, he is THE OPPOSITE
of an idiot.

I wish that u had addressed the cinematic aspects
of my post; do u revel in the vulnerability of the good-guy victim,
rooting for the evil homicidal monster, Richard ?



Quote:
Fine. Arguing with an idiot
over the meaning and use of the word idiot is idiotic.

I take it that u just accused me
of being an idiot; i.e., that I 'm lucky if I have the intellect
to find my way to the bathroom. If a person is ABLE
to argue (however poorly), then I think that proves
that he is not an idiot. Again, it appears that u have corrupted
the definition of "idiot" to mean whoever disagrees with u.




Quote:

Do you agree that the father, the doctor who was smart enough to pass
a simple drivers test was irresponsible in letting his 8 year old son
handle and fire a weapon that could clearly have the capacity to kill him? Which it did!

No, but he shoud have made sure that the boy understood
what he was supposed to do, specificly that he shoud not bend
his elbows when it recoils. It was not irresponsible to take him
for gunnery practice, which was probably a lot safer than going
swimming or riding a bike, judging by how many kids have been
killed in those practices. I already TOLD u that in my childhood,
I went for gunnery practice many times; I loved it.
I am grateful to my nextdoor neighbor who drove us to his
military fort where we shot many different guns, including
a lot of differnet submachineguns (not Uzis, because thay had not
yet been invented). The picture accompanying this story SHOWS
a young boy firing another submachinegun, with no ill effects.
During my life, I have seen hundreds of young boys
using submachineguns, with not the SLIGHTEST trouble.

Because ONE kid screws up YOU want to ruin it for ALL KIDS
who did it CORRECTLY. As a retired trial attorney,
I assure u that many, many adults and children have been killed
by trips or slips on floors, or walking down the street over the years.

I don t wish to have any children, but if I ever have one,
I will INVITE him to go for gunnery practice,
hopefully including the joys of submachineguns,
that I loved so much.
I 'd see to it that he receives the proper safety instructions
the same as if he goes biking or swimming.

U r simply trying to exploit this ONE, single accident
to ruin it for all kids, while ignoring much greater sources of death,
which do not offend u. U give children good reason to resent u.





David
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 05:41 am
@msolga,
Look after 18 pages we all said what we would wish to say on the narrow subject at hand.

Both the guns are wonderful and we should place a gun in every crib in the country nuts and the guns are evil human killing devices that no child should ever be allow near nuts had given their positions many time over on this thread.

Even the more sane people such as my wonderful self have given our positions many time over by now.

Threads always expand and the noise to signal ratio increase such as the name calling back and forth that had been cheerfully going on and increasing of late that you just now had taken part in.

Intrepid does not for some reason complain of posts that contain nothing but insults only posts that he feel are off tropic and that I find somewhat strange if he still think that all that needed to had been said on the narrow subject had not already been said.
Intrepid
 
  1  
Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 08:03 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:


Even the more sane people such as my wonderful self have given our positions many time over by now.


You certainly are delusional.


Quote:
Intrepid does not for some reason complain of posts that contain nothing but insults only posts that he feel are off tropic and that I find somewhat strange if he still think that all that needed to had been said on the narrow subject had not already been said.


Either you haven't been reading along, or your comprehension level is below normal.
Endymion
 
  2  
Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 10:29 am
@Intrepid,
since i found out that eighty-thousand Americans take a bullet from a hand gun in any year and thirty-thousand of them die ---by shooting themselves!? Hello???
Forget terrorists! Forget Bird Flu!
And that is JUST hand-guns....well
I think what's the ******* point arguing the case?
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 07:03 am
@Endymion,
And how many children die from gun fire a year in this country compare to dying in the neighbor back yard pools for example or even from mowing the lawn for dad on the weekend or having the family dog turning on the child?

Hell how many people die at gun ranges accidents in total a year less alone children? What to bet that the numbers for death on gun ranges are so low that it is contain in no list of yearly cause of deaths and if it was it would be listed below dog attacks.
Intrepid
 
  1  
Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:45 am
@BillRM,
You obviously have not read this thread or you would know that these arguments have been used (unsuccessfully) early in the thread.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:52 am
@Intrepid,
Only in your opinion my friend, as I said before everything had been said that need to be said in the narrow subject of this thread.

Yes Intrepid guns are evil and very dangerous killling devices that no child should be allow near and any accident that result for so allowing a child near a gun should be punish by the full wieght of the law.

Yes we all know the position of your side of the issue, we know the position of the guns nuts and of course the more sane people position like myself.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 12:03 pm
@Intrepid,
Endymyon had started a NEW argument Intrepid, where those points about pools, poison, automobiles, etc DO, in fact, apply.

She/He had mentioned that 30,000 people die from guns and how come people aren't doing something about it and how there isn't as much talk about it has bird flu and terrorists.

It is completely appropriate to then point out that over 40,000 people die in automobile accidents, tens of thousands die in drowning incidents, etc, and wonder why people are focused on guns.

The point being that there are larger problems related to death than gun accidents.

When these points were brought up earlier, I agree, they weren't appropriate, but they ARE appropriate for the new argument that Endy is bringing up.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 03:13 pm
@maporsche,
And if you subdivide gun deaths to those that occur on gun ranges you would find a number so low that it would be declare one of the safety places to be in this or any other society.

Given the above safety record of gun ranges if a freak death of a child does occur there is no reason I can see to view it in any difference light then a freak death of a child mowing a lawn for example should be view.

That my friend is the sane way of looking at this sad event.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 05:11 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

And if you subdivide gun deaths to those that occur on gun ranges you would find a number so low that it would be declare one of the safety places to be in this or any other society.

Given the above safety record of gun ranges if a freak death of a child does occur there is no reason I can see to view it in any difference light then a freak death of a child mowing a lawn for example should be view.

That my friend is the sane way of looking at this sad event.

Some people are a lot more interested
in being anti-gun and anti-freedom than in being SANE.





David
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 05:20 am
Silly rabbi, the occurence of freak accidents is no reason to troll for them. Thats the really sane way to look at it.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Silly rabbi,
the occurence of freak accidents is no reason to troll for them. Thats the really sane way to look at it.

U think that I 'm Jewish ?

I don 't mean to be snide,
but by your reasoning, a boy will never get out of bed,
in the knowledge that it can be possible that if he ventures
forth therefrom, a plethora (or maybe several plethoras)
of dangers might befall him. People have been killed walking
down the street or riding bikes.

I assure u, from my personal experience, gunnery practice
with submachineguns is very safe; this is probably the only time
in American history that someone got killed this way. Other
activities that u do not condemn (like swimming or ballgames)
have much greater histories of death.

Have u called for an end of swimming or ball games
as constituting trolling for freak accidents ?

Bottom line:
in a free country, each citizen will choose to which dangers
he will expose himself. If u or your child opt to go skiing,
or deep sea fishing, chancing a boat sinking or getting bitten
by a fish: so be it. U r the captain of your own ship.

Personal freedom is NOT really insane.

David
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/24/2024 at 05:08:09