11
   

Joerg Haider was gay? Well I never.

 
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:28 am
@Foofie,
The SA never was considered to be an organsation "going to lead the troops into war".
OGIONIK
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 01:30 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Arnold looks like a freak. Who would want to touch any part of that? Steroids anyone?

Who do I know that looks like this guy, hmmmm ...?


a freak who could send your teeth thru the back o your throat lol
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 08:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The SA never was considered to be an organsation "going to lead the troops into war".



Well, according to one author I read, Rohlm thought they could?
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:58 am
@Foofie,
I suppose, you mean Röhm. (I couldn't find any information about 'Rohlm'.)

Must a a single view by this other author.
The SA had lost a lot of its traditional functions to the SS, and surely Röhm tried to get influence back. But they weren't any use for Hitler and the party leaders. (And in 1934 Röhm was killed, as you mentioned above yourself.)
Setanta
 
  2  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 06:47 am
@Foofie,
No, i don't consider it "a correct interpretation." Your thesis is a product of imagination uniformed by reliable information. The destruction of the SA by the SS was a political move, it had nothing to do with military operational plans. The command structure of the Wehrmacht was not determined upon by the origin of the officers of the army--being "Prussian" did not determine one's career or the degree of authority one exercised. As Walter has pointed out, the purpose of the SA was never to lead military operations. The SA was a "paramilitary" organization, with political purposes. In fact, it wasn't even paramilitary, but in Germany in the 1920s, having pretty uniforms was an advantage in terms of public perception. They were bully boys, whose purpose it was to stifle political dissent through street fighting and intimidation. They bore about as much relationship to a real army as the KKK does.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 11:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you for the name correction, and the additional input. Was the docu-drama on tv correct to show a massacre of SA young homosexuals at some mansion party (know as the Night of Long Knives, I thought)?
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 11:20 am
@Setanta,
However, I have read that the perception was, by the party leaders, that they could be getting in the way of the future efforts, for some reason? They served their purpose, supposedly, and then just possibly their ambitions were getting too big, in some way?
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:03 pm
@Foofie,
I didn't see that tv-production, so I can't give you an answer.

The - in Germany - so-called "Nacht der langen Messer" ('night of the long knives'), had altogether about 200 victims, nearly all of the SA top men, and some dozens of clergymen and (political) opportunists - the latter had nothing to do with the SA nor were homosexual men.
[Otherwise, in English "The Night of the Long Knives" is the name Geoffrey of Monmouth gave to the slaughter of British chieftains by the Jutes, Angles and Saxons on the Salisbury Plain in ca. 460.]
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:08 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

However, I have read that the perception was, by the party leaders, that they could be getting in the way of the future efforts, for some reason? They served their purpose, supposedly, and then just possibly their ambitions were getting too big, in some way?


You seem to be a bit confused about the NSDAP (= the party) is and what function the SA had within that party. (And you might be even more perplex - but the SS was a party organisation as well.)

I think, to unravel all this would derail the topic of this thread completely.
High Seas
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

.....................
I think, to unravel all this would derail the topic of this thread completely.


Untangling Foofie's train of though would derail the entire internet. Anyway, why all the surprise with the late Haider, nobody here noticed before that lots of gays attend Nazi rallies not for any political reason but just because they like guys in black leather?!

Quote:
Enthusiasts ... were attracted to a kind of kinky fascism, to the allure of hard men and black leather. Rock stars seem particularly susceptible to this kind of thing. The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards once turned up in an SS uniform while Leni [Riefenstahl] was photographing Mick Jagger. In a recent interview for a German newspaper, the British singer Brian Ferry rhapsodized:

The way in which the Nazis stage-managed and presented themselves...! I'm talking about Leni Riefenstahl films and Albert Speer's buildings and the mass rallies and the flags"simply fantastic. Really lovely.


0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, the tv docu-drama specifically showed two men in bed being killed? Revisionist history or my falling asleep interpretation? Regardless, Wikipedia has a pretty thorough write-up. This interpretation seems to allude to SA ambitions against the Army?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_long_knives
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:33 pm
@Foofie,
I think that Evans (as quoted by wikipedia) is correct.
But that doesn't support at all your "theory".
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:41 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I think that Evans (as quoted by wikipedia) is correct.
But that doesn't support at all your "theory".


I have no theory. I just mentioned what I saw on tv.
High Seas
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 01:01 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie - now you finally know why so many gay men joined the Nazi party Smile

Quote:
During the 1930s Mr. Johnson abandoned architecture for right-wing politics. He attended a Nazi rally near Berlin, where he was enthralled by Adolf Hitler and -- as he told a biographer long afterwards -- ''all those blond boys in black leather!"

He became a Nazi fellow-traveler.......

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/obituaries/articles/2005/01/27/philip_johnson_98_ever_evolving_dean_of_architects/
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 08:04 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Foofie - now you finally know why so many gay men joined the Nazi party Smile

Quote:
During the 1930s Mr. Johnson abandoned architecture for right-wing politics. He attended a Nazi rally near Berlin, where he was enthralled by Adolf Hitler and -- as he told a biographer long afterwards -- ''all those blond boys in black leather!"

He became a Nazi fellow-traveler.......

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/obituaries/articles/2005/01/27/philip_johnson_98_ever_evolving_dean_of_architects/



This was only one architect. I did not know what you say I "finally know" above. I know nosing. I am Sviss. I have papers to prove it! ( Just a little humor in the style of A Thousand Clowns - The play/movie).
High Seas
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 04:28 pm
@Foofie,
Skip the jokes, Foofie, your prose is quite confused enough without them.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:05 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Skip the jokes, Foofie, your prose is quite confused enough without them.


Would you like a riddle then?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Extreme right gains in Austrian election - Discussion by joefromchicago
Hitler's father: How the son became a dictator - Discussion by Walter Hinteler
Late 19th Century Austria Currency - Question by jdickstein
Ritter - Question by jdickstein
Late 19th Century Austria - Question by jdickstein
Plan to leave Austria for Germany - Discussion by Strix
Dictatorship would suit EU well…. - Discussion by Ann43
Habsburg - Hapsburg - Discussion by Walter Hinteler
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2022 at 04:57:32