Water Filtration System Needed

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 08:43 pm
I have just purchased a cabin in SE West Virginia and it has no water filter system. I have had the water tested and specs are 3.4 ppm total iron, .6 ferric iron, 2.8 ferrous iron, 1.1 ppm sulphur, .1 manganese and a hardness of 7. I have had an estimate for equipment to fix this problem with installation to total $5705.00. This in way to high and the explanation I was given was that I needed all this equipment to solve the problem. I think this is overkill but I would appreciate any knowledgable help. Equipment told that I needed was as follows. B&B MarkV Dry pellet chlorinator installed on the well to kill bacteria. Ecowater ETF2100 to remove the chlorine, iron and sulphur. Ecowater ECR3500 to remove trace iron hardness and manganese and then Ecowater ERO375 for reverse osmosis to make water drinkable and to cook with. This is my first time on a well system. I have always had city water before and now the water is turning everything orange. This system is going to be used at a cabin in the summer months only and will have to be drained for the winter. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,843 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 05:07 pm
@gherrmann,
I answered this on another forum.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 07:03 am
@gherrmann,
You may not need the RO, but everything else looks good.

What is the Ph of your water?
gherrmann

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 04:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
The man who tested the water said the Ph was fine but I did not get a actual Ph value.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 06:55 am
@gherrmann,
gherrmann wrote:

The man who tested the water said the Ph was fine but I did not get a actual Ph value.

Negotiate a greatly reduced price for the system without the RO.
Gary Slusser

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 12:08 pm
@gherrmann,
Or buy online where the price is maybe thousands less and you don't have to negotiate and you can get an RO for $200. Then if your more handsome than handy, hire a plumber to install it for a couple hundred out of your substantial savings.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 03:24 pm
@H2O MAN,
You are better served by a local dealer that sells, installs and services what they sell...
0 Replies