0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 06:35 pm
Quote:

You two are so thick
that being insulted by either of you is an honour

If u believe
what u post, then u shoud go to a place of refuge
for the mentally retarded and give offense unto them.

Multiple honors shoud then be forthcoming.
Endymion

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 06:41 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
there's dribble running down your chin.., btw

Endymion

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 06:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
come on - what the **** are you waiting for?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 04:26 am
@Endymion,
Quote:

come on - what the **** are you waiting for?

Y do u think that I am "WAITING" ??
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 04:28 am
@Endymion,
Quote:

there's dribble running down your chin.., btw

SHAME on u.

Surely u can do better than THAT.
Endymion

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,

yeah

DRIBBLE better describes the actual content of your inane post "horny chicks"

i meant DROOL
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 10:13 am
@Endymion,
Endymion wrote:
Quote:
who gives a ****??

OmSigDAVID wrote:
Quote:
horny chicks

Endymion, I choose to have nothing further to do with u.
U r a very unpleasant person; gross, foul & uncouth.
It was a BLACK day for the world, when u were born into it.
I declare u a pariah !

U will VANISH and my world will be a cleaner,
happier & more beautiful place for your absence from it ! IGNORE !

David
Endymion

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2008 09:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Endymion, I choose to have nothing further to do with u.
U r a very unpleasant person; gross, foul & uncouth.
It was a BLACK day for the world, when u were born into it.
I declare u a pariah !

whatever " it doesn't change what you are
0 Replies

vid

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 01:58 am
@roger,
"Had it occured in London, her perspective might have been different."

You were saying?

INDEPTH: LONDON BOMBING
A brief history of attacks in the U.K.

A section of an article from CBC News Online | July 8, 2005:

1974:
In February, a motor coach carrying soldiers and families in northern England is bombed by the Irish Republican Army, killing 12 people. In October, a series of bombings in British pubs kills 28 and leaves over 200 injured. The IRA claims responsibility.

1982:
Eleven people are killed and 50 wounded in July when two IRA bombs detonate in London's royal parks.

1983:
A Harrods bombing in December kills six people including three police officers. The IRA claims responsibility for the attack on the department store on one of the busiest shopping days of the year, just before Christmas.

1984:
An IRA bomb kills five people at a Brighton resort in October, during the annual conference of the Conservative party. Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and her husband escape injury, however two cabinet members are injured.

1988:
In December, a Pan Am jet crashes in Lockerbie, Scotland, after a bomb on board explodes. All 259 passengers are killed, as well as 11 in Lockerbie.

1989:
In February the IRA bombs an army barracks at Tern Hill in Shropshire. No one is killed.
In September an IRA explosion at a Royal Marines Music School in Deal, Kent, kills 11 people and wounds 22.

1991:
The IRA fires mortar bomb at Prime Minister John Major's London office in February. No one is injured.

1992:
Three people are killed after a car bomb explodes outside the Baltic Exchange in London's financial district. Ninety-one people are injured.

1993:
In March two children are killed in a bomb blast in Warrington, northern England. The explosives were placed in a garbage can. In April, one person is killed by an IRA bomb in the Bishopsgate area of London's financial district.

1996:
In February, two people die when IRA guerrillas detonate a large bomb in London's Docklands area. The same month an explosion rips apart a bus in London's Aldwych area, killing the IRA bomber and injuring nine others.

2001:
In March, a powerful car bomb explodes outside the BBC's London headquarters. Police say the Real IRA, or RIRA, a republican splinter group opposed to the IRA's ceasefire, claims responsibility. One man is wounded.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/london_bombing/uk_historyattacks.html
--------------------------------------

Seeing as a large proportion of the IRA's funding for armaments, bombs and training came from millions of dollars raised in Boston and New York, would it be fair to say that you would have gone along with a response strategy of the Brits hitting those two regions with countless cruise missiles before marching in and blasting anyone who wore green or were prone to watching a video of Riverdance occasionally?

It would seem that giving aid to terrorists was quite acceptable to quite a few Americans before the "homeland" was suddenly on the receiving end. Then, surprise surprise, it suddenly went out of vogue.

roger

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 03:31 am
@vid,
From your reply, I assume you are buying into the proposition that the invasion of Iraq had something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
vid

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:04 am
@roger,
No, my point was that it had occurred in London (many times), and yet there was a distinct lack of kneejerk reaction from the Brits. They had every cause to get mad about US support for the IRA but probably let their views be known by diplomatic channels.
I can see why they looked on 9/11 as just another terrorist attack, given the number and frequency of atrocities that they had experienced on a regular basis over the course of many years.
To them, the outrage and backlash from the US regarding ONE foreign terrorist attack on US soil must have seemed totally out of proportion and, dare I say it, hypocritical, bearing in mind the fact that it had, thru a fair proportion of its own citizens, been propping up the IRA for so long.

9/11 happens, terrorists suddenly become persona non grata in the US, the IRA (which by then was just a money grabbing organisation, akin to the Mafia) american funding dried up almost overnight and hey presto, they call it a day and stop killing and maiming civilians on the streets of the UK.

You could almost argue that the 9/11 atrocity ended up doing Britain a favour!

I get your point though. If theirs was anything like the Bush administration at the time of the first IRA bomb, they should have looked around for a weak country that had caused them severe loss of face in the recent past (Saddam/Bush Snr) and then gone and beaten the crap out of them. Especially if they had oil.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 07:36 am
I think to dismiss the attack on America on 9/11 as just another terrorist attack is to not do it justice. I am aware that other countries live with terrorist acts a lot more than we have. But it was the sheer scale of the attack and the amount of the total destruction which happened in one day (morning actually) which makes it into a different category imo.

Quote:
The September 11 attacks (often referred to as nine-eleven, written 9/11) were a series of coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda upon the United States on September 11, 2001. On that morning, nineteen Islamist terrorists affiliated with al-Qaeda hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners.[1][2] The hijackers intentionally crashed two of the airliners into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, killing everyone on board and many others working in the building, causing both buildings to collapse within two hours, destroying at least two nearby buildings and damaging others. The hijackers crashed a third airliner into the Pentagon. The fourth plane crashed into a field near Shanksville in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania, after some of its passengers and flight crew attempted to retake control of the plane, which the hijackers had redirected toward Washington, D.C. There are no known survivors from any of the flights.

Excluding the 19 hijackers, 2,974 people died in the attacks. Another 24 are missing and presumed dead.[3][4] The overwhelming majority of casualties were civilians, including nationals of over 90 different countries. In addition, the death of at least one person from lung disease was ruled by a medical examiner to be a result of exposure to dust from the World Trade Center's collapse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

Having said that I think what we did was mostly misdirection rather than overreaction as Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Also I think the reactions and civil rights abuses Muslims suffer after the attacks are wrong. Allowing torture by whatever name you want to call it and trying to do away with Geneva Convention by calling it quaint and labeling everyone "enemy combatants" was wrong.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/American-Muslims-seven-yea-by-Abdus-Sattar-Ghaza-080911-29.html

Rules are made to be kept even when times are difficult or else why bother making them in the first place?

0 Replies