Africa is a dying continent

fbaezer

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 10:53 am
steissd, I find your idea preposterous.

It's being said, in this thread, that Africans despise Americans. According to the Pew Global Attitudes poll, it is clearly not the case.

This is the percentage of favorable opinions towards the US in African nations, 2002:

Ivory Coast 84%
Ghana 83%
Kenya 80%
Nigeria 77%
Mali 75%
Uganda 74%
South Africa 65%
Senegal 61%
Angola 54%
Tanzania 53%

Those averages are higher than in Western Europe:

Great Britain 75%
Italy 70%
France 63%
Germany 61%
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 12:34 pm
Just wanted to share this info; just had a live chat with a doctor friend who lives in Dar es Salaam, the capital of Tanzania. It was great. My first experience with live chat on the internet. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:04 pm
Because of the great achievments of Egypt, many have tried to separate it from the african continent. And many have denied that most of these great achievments came about before Egyptian society, became integrated with Caucasians, and Arabs.
...Here's an enlightning book; "The African Orgin Of Civilisation"-by Cheikh Anta Diop, translated from the french, by Mercer Cook
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 06:13 pm
fbaezer, Can you please provide the official documentation on the stats you provided? Thx, c.i.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 11:54 pm
cicerone, It comes from a thread started by Walter Hinteler. Too bad so few people bothered to click the link:

[URL=ttp://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=165]What the World Thinks in 2002[/URL]

(And remember: no Aztecs were ever in Peru)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Jan, 2003 01:01 am
The link you provided is not working - for me. c.i.
0 Replies

steissd

Thu 30 Jan, 2003 02:01 am
And has anyone followed the link I have provided? Some interesting things may be found there as well.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Thu 30 Jan, 2003 10:28 am
Sorry, c.i.
The link in Walter's thread works:

Walter Hinteler's thread
0 Replies

tokoloshe

Mon 1 Nov, 2004 01:10 pm
littlek wrote:
I think that colonial powers really messed things up there. If africa was left to have ruled themselves, they'd be ok. Whether the people there stayed tribal or embraced modern living. Given that what's done is done, it'd take alot of time and money to make things right there.

THIS IS IT ! thats exactly why africa is like it is and the rest of the world STILL looks on and shakes its head. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

mikeisgay

Thu 20 Dec, 2007 10:05 am
:[
africa is Sad
0 Replies

Openheartcharity

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 10:29 pm
How do we break the cycle of breeding, surviving, dying?
Its hardly worthwhile feeding someone who will turn around and conceive more mouths to feed. The solution is in edcutaion, but to a starving perosn, they desire food, not books.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 15 Aug, 2011 10:38 pm
@Pharon,
The biggest killer in Africa is still malaria and the cure for that is still DDT.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 09:24 am
@Pharon,
Africa's screwed because every time they have a problem they accept assistance from other countries. Consequently, they never developed their infrastructure, education, cultural, and other areas since thye're the planet's welfare states.

If every time you have a famine you just use food given to you from elsewhere, you never fix whatever caused the famine to begin with. And when other nations help you out, instead of letting the too-big population die off naturally so it doesn't keep happening, the food aid simply enables the problem to multiply so it's worth next time.

If the world wanted to help Africa they'd either let them die off when that happens as with the recent ebola outbreak (read: nature's way of controlling unsustainable populations) or they'd invade, topple the ineffective regimes there and replace them with ones that at least work.
tsarstepan

Thu 31 Jan, 2019 06:58 am
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 31 Jan, 2019 01:52 pm
@HesDeltanCaptain,
There are governments and organizations that helps these countries with teaching them how to become self-sustaining. 10 Organizations that are Addressing Famine in South Sudan
borgenproject.org/addressing-famine-south-sudan
10 Organizations Addressing Famine in South Sudan A couple of weeks ago, the U.N. announced that there is a famine in South Sudan.A number of factors have contributed to this famine, such as the civil war that began in 2013 and a drought that has stymied agricultural production.
11 Facts About Water in the Developing World | DoSomething.org
www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about...
Clean water is essential to reducing poverty, hunger, and illiteracy in the developing world.
7 Water Organizations You Should Know - Goodnet
www.goodnet.org/articles/1000
WHAT: Nonprofit that brings clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries. HOW: 100% of the nonprofit’s public donations go directly to clean water technologies that range from wells to water filtration.
7 Top Hunger Organizations - Food & Nutrition Magazine
foodandnutrition.org › September-October 2013
Home September-October 2013 7 Top Hunger Organizations 7 Top Hunger Organizations. ... 190 countries and has helped save more children’s lives than any other ...
0 Replies