• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,538 • Replies: 10
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 02:47 pm
@YellowMustard,
I only miss Artie LAng and his drugged out skits. You knew he was totally wrecked whenever he was on the show, and his skits were funnir because of it.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:14 pm
One of my favorite MadTV clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE
Nick Ashley

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:22 pm
@Shapeless,
That was a good clip Shapeless. I have a hard time sitting through MadTV. It seems there are very few good sketches, and the bad ones are horribly unwatchable (in my mind).

Compare that to SNL, where there are very few good sketches, and the bad ones are very tolerable.

That being said, I've never really been an avid watcher of either. Because they are short sketches, I think they are perfect to just watch the good ones online. If only they let you do that easily...

I still say whomever owns the rights to SNL could make a fortune by selling individual skits DRM free for $.99, just like mp3s. I would gladly buy hard to find skits like Grayson Moorhead Securities, The Paradox Car, and well, tons of classics!
Shapeless

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:38 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Quote:
have a hard time sitting through MadTV. It seems there are very few good sketches, and the bad ones are horribly unwatchable (in my mind).

Compare that to SNL, where there are very few good sketches, and the bad ones are very tolerable.

I agree. I don't envy the makers of MadTV for trying to create a sketch comedy show in the shadow of SNL.

Then again, I did prefer MadTV over SNL in the late 90s or so, about the time when Colin Quinn was doing the "Weekend Update" and Chris Kattan was doing those stupid "Mango" skits. It wasn't my favorite SNL lineup (Will Ferrell excepted) and that's when I started turning to MadTV as an alternative. As you said, that show wasn't great either, but it was something different.
GhostSong

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2008 09:40 am
@Shapeless,
I don't think so at all... Bobby Lee is hilarious, so were Nicole Sullivan and Mike MacDonald.
IknowIknow

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 03:36 pm
@GhostSong,
Nicole Sullivan is a great actress! She's the best! I miss her on mad tv...shes actually in a new show supposedly...looks good...I hope it works out well for her..

They are playing sneakpeak clips on tv all this week too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT5dy0FHXck
GhostSong

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:35 pm
@IknowIknow,
the show will be on every tuesday from now on...it's going to be hysterical I think! def gonna check it out!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:56 pm
Astroturfing alert: the users who start these threads are paid to spam forums and talk to themselves (using multiple accounts) about TV shows.

So when they go back and forth with themselves about how it's good, remember that they are paid to do so.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:16 pm
@YellowMustard,
Unless the TV log is wrong, a newMADtv will air tonight.
0 Replies

YellowMustard

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 01:19 pm
ya know...i started to watch rita rocks a little bit since you all mentioned it on here....kept me interested up until the season finale which is tonight; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM2rntunWak ...can't say anything about it
0 Replies