kntryfn

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 11:35 pm
I have been having my Rainsoft unit for about one year now. It has been working fine until a few days ago when I turnes on the faucet and the water was soapy. It was salty to the taste. Has anyone had this problem and knows what is causing this to happen. Thanks in advance. D. Perque
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,566 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 09:23 am
@kntryfn,
Do a manual regeneration and watch it. If it does the whole regeneration and goes back to Service without a problem, it should solve the problem. If not you probably need to call the dealer for service.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 07:08 am
@kntryfn,
That's a water pressure/time clock issue.

Is the unit keeping time?
0 Replies

farmi29

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 12:30 am
@kntryfn,
Seems too me you have problem with injector what system do you have if you have 1 year than you have too have EC-4
0 Replies

farmi29

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 01:05 am
@kntryfn,
You right EC-4 has capability hold back up to 30 days without power but make sure your time is correct, also time of regeneration is set-up for 2 am . System will start preparing Brain Solution 2 Hr. before start backwashing at 12 am.
If you have EC-4 Capacity 50 than CICLE 1 should run for 2 min: 30 sec. This is time when System send water to Brain tank 0,250 mil /min CICLE 2 - 120 min. salt is dissolved CICLE -3 Back wash 5 min computer push water backward to your tank through raiser pipe going down and then is going to CICLE-4 VACUUM this is 40 min of drawing brain solution from yours Brain Tank - 28 PSI for vacuum recommended no less than -15PSI if you have less than you can start have problem have with over flowing or salty water . And then is going to CICLE 5 -2min and 40 sec system push to bottom of tank recharged media.
Also check size of yours Injector and make sure the drain flow for 50 capacities is 1.5 GPM
If you have problem basically RESET computer.
0 Replies