The Tree Cutters Came Today

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 08:58 am
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, have you contacted your home insurance company? Wind damage may be covered re the damage your tree did to your neighbor.

BBB
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 10:08 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Excellent idea. I think many of us do not look at all the options when something like this happens to us. In addition to the insurance company, the city or county may have some kind of "responsibility" for that tree.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
We both contacted our insurance company and we were told to get lost. They only cover a tree after it falls.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:11 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I had a huge ash tree next to the house when we moved in. I made a complete ass outta myself with the insurance and they kicked in to help pay for its removal. However, they later got even with me.

Its all good. You got a real good deal because up here we pay about 1100 pertree to cut down and cut up. (And making sure the tree cutter is insured and bonded--always do that for maybe your neighbor is only thinking initial price and not possible costs)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:11 am
I got so carried away, helping those tree cutters yesterday, I woke up with a sore knee. Spent the morning limping. They sent me home a little early. I think I will put a heating pad on it. All I did was pull up a plant that had been growing along the fence for ten years (could not find a shovel) and pull up a fence post that this young guy was struggling with.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 11:13 am
@edgarblythe,
My neighbor insisted on seeing the insurance certificate before making a deal with the tree guys.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 06:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
All this activity has caused me to start taking better care of my yard. I had let the back revert to forest growth, to make it inhospitable to the folks living in the heighborhood behind us. For a time, every day when I got home, kids from there would be in the yard. They were tearing down my new fence. Then I came home after telling them and their father I didn't want them there, and the father was back there too. I put a big Keep Out sign on a tree by the fence line and then let everything grow over. Even I feared to go there the last two years. Now, I have it about half cleared, and do a little most every day.
0 Replies