homecoming

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:13 pm
My daughter just came home from getting her hair done....$47.00+6.00 tip for something I easily could have done. Urgggg Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,379 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Wy

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:33 pm
@martybarker,
Yah, but now she'll match all the other indiividualists at the dance...

Teenagerhood -- the land of "having" to pay $175 for blue jeans...
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:35 pm
@martybarker,
She tried on about 40 dresses last week and the one she fell in love with was regularly priced at $170.00 and it ended up being on clearance for 27.00!
Isn't that unbelievable?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:45 pm
@martybarker,
The savings on the dress paid for the hairdo she had to have ... and you know she had to have it done Cool

0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 03:46 pm
@martybarker,
What an adorable child! Mine once found a pair of Seven for all Mankind jeans at a thrift for $4. That was about two weeks before she decided she didn't really care.... SO happy she didn't insist on full price ones!
martybarker

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 04:35 pm
@Wy,
OMG, my daughters best friend's date just got diagnosed with mono this morning and can't go. She's in tears but luckily her ex boyfriend agreed to stand in. Isn't that sweet.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 05:11 pm
@martybarker,
I went to a girls' school, hardly knew any boys. (Another whole subject).
Liked the guy I asked to my junior prom - talked with him decades later after there was a spread in the news about him, and he mixed me up with someone else. Heh. He was wildly glad to hear from me but thought I was another girl..

Was set up at my senior prom with the son of a friend of my dad's. Nice guy - and we both would have probably been fine without meeting. (Makes me wonder at this late date about the machinations behind that.) I remember thinking less of him for being younger. Snort... snort since I eventually married someone much younger, and snort because he was really dazzlingly cute and smart and I didn't care, fool on two feet that I was.

So, Marty, carry on, mom...

0 Replies