Help for an A2K friend... well, advice, really...

roger

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:24 am
@Mame,
If it had been tagged "humor" it wouldn't have been funny, now would it?
shewolfnm

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:28 am
@roger,
what a boob
0 Replies

Mame

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:41 am
@Mame,
I'm sorry - I just wanted to have some fun. Here is what I said that I thought you would pick up on to know it was a joke, aside from the fact that she was on A2K , so you'd be able to guess who it was (and then, of course, I put her name right in the tagline)...

Mame wrote:

She seems to be obsessed with her boobs.

I offered to start a topic about it to lighten up the political atmosphere dominating here.

She was delighted (that I would post this) since she's in the middle of painting and repainting her whole house.

Are there any benefits to it (boobs hanging or pointing)?

Do you think this could be why she's always flashing them behind windows?

Obviously my sense of humour is either undeveloped or rather obscure. Anyway, will try to do slapstick next time so it's clearer.
roger

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:43 am
@Mame,
Maybe you just overestimated your audience.
nimh

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 12:46 pm
@roger,
That must be it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 03:48 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Maybe you just overestimated your audience.
Rolling Eyes Maybe you're just an asshole... who has neither the empathy nor the decency to recognize what may or may not hurt other people's feelings. Maybe people should simply have common sense enough to refrain from getting their kicks by pushing other's empathy buttons... while, predictably, ridiculing others who may indeed have the issue you want to laugh about. There's a million ways to start an inanity thread, which would offend no one, without making an ass out of yourself. A simple disclaimer would suffice. If it isn’t funny enough to survive a disclaimer; maybe it just isn’t very funny.

This nonsense about "people should just know" is ridiculous. There are 1125 people online right now. Most know nothing of any of us. If long time posters like Osso, Nimh, and myself don't immediately get it; how the hell are new people who may be looking to give or get serious advice?
Mame

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 03:58 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Hey, why are you getting so excited, Bill? Everyone's had their say, including yourself, so no need to get nasty. You called me asinine and who knows what else for making what I thought to be a funny thread. In hindsight, I didn't title it with thought to those who would want to give real and thoughtful advice. I thought people who responded knew my humour. I was wrong. Lesson learned.

But no need to go after roger with such heat.

I wonder if you know how righteous, and ponderously so, you come across at times? Your righteousness can be very heavy going.
caribou

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 04:14 pm
@Mame,
Mame, I read your thread, never looked at the tags and got the joke. I even thought shewolf.
So, yea!, extra bonus points for me.

Everyone is way too serious.
Lighten up, people.

I never would have guessed that mismatched boobs would cause such a fuss.
I never knew that there was a medical thing about it, I'd like to learn more there. If it really is a serious medical thing, then it does lose some humor value.

But if someone is really concerned based on just the look of their breasts, then they do need to lighten up and laugh over it.
Many more serious things in the world...

Laugh! Loosen up!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 04:53 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Hey, why are you getting so excited, Bill? Everyone's had their say, including yourself, so no need to get nasty. You called me asinine and who knows what else for making what I thought to be a funny thread. In hindsight, I didn't title it with thought to those who would want to give real and thoughtful advice. I thought people who responded knew my humour. I was wrong. Lesson learned.
That's all fair enough... and good on you to admit it.

Mame wrote:
But no need to go after roger with such heat.
This is wrong. I didn't go after Roger; I reacted to his intentional insult. He implied those reacting with empathy were doing so on account of some shortcoming, which is utter bullshit. Osso was kindly researching links for Gawd's sake. She should be insulted for her kind reaction?

Mame wrote:
I wonder if you know how righteous, and ponderously so, you come across at times? Your righteousness can be very heavy going.
Yep. I do know I've been told all of my life that I tend to overstate my points. [Shrugs]
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:10 pm
Me, I'm embarrassed that I didn't get it. I didn't see shewolf in the tags (that I remember anyway) until someone pointed it out. I added tag confusion at some point by adding both 'breast changes' (presumably serious) and 'boob direction'(meant as not so serious).

My original reaction followed from just having read something about the subject in doing some breast cancer googling in the week or so before the thread. I never did find that when I googled during the thread.

I was confused when I read Mame's intro sentences. After the first sentence or two I started immediately thinking of whatever article it was I saw about change being (sometimes) a symptom. Then I read the sentence about kicky, slappy, and gus, but actually forgot about it while trying to remember the article. (Failed to retain the clue re Kicky, et al).

Then when I started seeing funny responses, I figured Mame might be being funny but I was off on maybe it could be a problem.

I consider it my misread. I do mostly know about tags, but I don't remember seeing one that clued me to humor when I first looked at the thread. I should have/could have gotten it from context, though.
No biggy, she says wryly.
mismi

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Doesn't matter to me...whether serious or not...I am not offended - my lopsided breasts do not upset me - I got that we were having fun with it...I just really like to tell folks that I breast fed three babies. It is one of the the few things I was successful at...

but now they feel like beenie babies and rb is bigger than lb.
0 Replies

Mame

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:31 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Me, I'm embarrassed that I didn't get it. I added tag confusion at some point by adding both 'breast changes' (presumably serious) and 'boob direction'(meant as not so serious).

Osso, you're making me howl with your adding tag confusion comment - Laughing You're so funny and I'm so glad I got to meet you in person. It adds a beautiful dimension to everything I read you write here . And don't be embarrassed - you just read it one way when I meant it another. {{{big hugs to osso}}}
0 Replies

wandeljw

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:34 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Obviously my sense of humour is either undeveloped or rather obscure. Anyway, will try to do slapstick next time so it's clearer.

Your sense of humor is fine, Mame. (maybe next time you should provide photos or video)
Mame

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 06:41 pm
@wandeljw,
pfffft! Shewolfnm talks big but would she let me take a pic of her boobs? NahIdon'tthinkso.
Reyn

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 09:59 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Reyn, how perfect! I love it. And yes, I should have a disclaimer of my own but yours said it so perfectly I couldn't do one justice. I'll just steal yours and say, "Reyn's Global Disclaimer Applies Here".

You're welcome to use mine anytime! As a matter of fact, I'd be flattered if you did. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:19 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

pfffft! Shewolfnm talks big but would she let me take a pic of her boobs? NahIdon'tthinkso.

(lifts shirt)

You just aint got a camera big enuff lady..
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:35 am
Dearest Mame,

It seems your attempt at humor got a lopsided response from the A2K audience. I'm not sure if we should be laughing at the lopsidedness or searching medical pages for lists of possible remedies for broken funny bones.

Either way, thank you for making me smile for a few minutes while searching for those asymmetrical boobs to tickle your fancy with. I do hope that your dear friend realizes her affliction is nothing to hide or be ashamed of and throws caution to the wind. Tell her to flaunt hers freely in the face of humanity the same way Jimmy Durante did his own oddly shaped dangling pendage.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5941/untitled253se.png
For Mame:

Quote:
Durante, Jimmy - Make Someone Happy Lyrics

Make someone happy,
Make just one someone happy;
Make just one heart the heart you sing to.
One smile that cheers you,
One face that lights when it nears you,
One girl you're ev'rything to.

Fame if you win it,
Comes and goes in a minute.
Where's the real stuff in life to cling to?
Love is the answer,
Someone to love is the answer.
Once you've found her, build your world around her.

Make someone happy,
Make just one someone happy,
And you will be happy, too.

Mame

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:40 am
@Butrflynet,
Jimmy Durante: "My mother gave birth to an 8 lb nose"... well that certainly is one big schnoz. I always liked that guy.

Thanks, Butrflynet Smile
Bi-Polar Bear

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 08:56 am
@Mame,
mame dear your post was amusing and cute . The reactions to it by certain posters (you could hear an audible pop as their assholes puckered) was absolutely hilarious.

Therefore I declare this thread a total success on more than one level, which is what the very best humor is supposed to be . For what it's worth.... it has the Bear "Screw 'em if they can't take a joke" seal of approval.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
wandeljw

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:14 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
The funniest part was where nimh thought shewolf had a "serious problem". She has serious tits but not a serious problem.