which mobile phone

Bohne

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:07 pm
hi everybody
I haven't been around for a while but I have been working, packing, burying my dad, so I hope I am excused.

Now I am in the STates.
WOW, I made it.

First question (there will be some more later)

Is there a mobile phone that is just a phone,no radio, no mp3player, no camera, no GPS, with a tarif that allows me to text to Europe (Germany and England) relatively cheap?

My husband just got a verizon phone, but texts to Europe would have been 50 cents outgoing and 25 cents incoming.

That is absolutely ridiculous in my eyes.

If you know of any better deal, please let me know.

Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,241 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Wy

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:00 pm
@Bohne,
You'll have to shop around... every carrier has different plans. Usually, when you sign up for a plan (often a 2-year committment) there's a choice of phone. Some are "free" (you pay only for the service) and some have prices. When you find a plan you like you can choose a phone from those available. The "free" one I'm using now has a camera and an mp3 player, neither of which I would have paid for, but both of which I use. I'm not sure they even make phones without at least some bells and whistles! Smile

Also, my daughter's on my plan too. She uses texting all the time, but I don't. So I bought her 500 minutes of texting per month for, I think, $4.50/month... On my phone, it still costs a dime apiece, coming and going. So be sure to talk to the provider about that too.

Talk to Verizon about a "family plan" where you can add a line to a contract. My daughter's line costs me (her) $9.95 a month, plus the $4.50 for texting. Much cheaper than a separate contract. And yes, we have different phone numbers -- even different area codes!
0 Replies

artisinha786

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 06:05 am
I suggest you Nokia 107. It is a dual SIM mobile with affordable price Rs. 1500/-. It comes studded with a 4.57 cm (1.8 inch) LCD display.

Features of Nokia 107

* dual-SIM support (GSM+GSM)
* Alphanumeric keyboard
* weighs 75.8 grams
* Measures 47.5×112.9×14.9 mm
angeljoe

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 06:34 am
@artisinha786,
i agree with you this is good mobile. it has good reviews.
0 Replies