Local Plumbers HELP!!

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:55 am
Hi,

I just moved to the area last Tuesday (Bellevue) and was lucky to be met a day later with a blocked toilet that is clogged farther down than a plunge or snake can fix. Yay, what fun! Anyhoo, I was hoping some of the locals would be able to recommend a reliable, licensed and insured plumber that they have worked with before and that has reasonable rates.

Any help is muchly appreciated!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 948 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 02:38 am
@zackefron008,
zackefron008- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

First of all, I don't have the foggiest idea where Bellevue is. A2K has members from all over the WORLD. If you could be a bit more precise, there night be someone in your area to help you.

If you live in the US, there is a service called, Angie's list:

http://www.angieslist.com/Angieslist/

There is a yearly service fee to join the list, but if there is one in your area, you don't know anybody, and you need to do some work on your new place, Angie's list could save you some money, as well as grief.

Another suggestion is if you have a community association, see if it has a list of local workmen, with ratings. Some places, (such as where I live) have this service.

Beyond that, the best suggestion that I could offer you is to talk to the neighbors. You might get a great "lead" to a good plumber, as well as starting a network of potential friendships in your new area.

Good luck!
jespah

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 04:03 am
@Phoenix32890,
Bellevue is probably Bellevue, Washington. Try the Better Business Bureau (they're online).
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 03:45 pm
Hi zackefron008 Very Happy
I am late as usual Rolling Eyes
...anyway you are way north of me so, basically I can't help you.

However, I was at my parents house when their toilet overflowed as well as the sinks and bathtubs. I just opened the yellow pages and picked a company that would come out that night and give a free estimate.

It worked out real good. I had the as built and already knew where the tanks were. So, I did use that company the following day. The septic guys tried to tell me that there was a filter and I said ....no there isn't. They said "yes, there is" and I said wanna bet? So, we betted an hours time of digging at $80.00 per hour. There was no filter, so they subtracted that charge from the bill.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:52 pm
@zackefron008,
If you are still around and are interested in comedy, Ryan recently moved from Hollywood back to Bellevue. Jim Carey even drove up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Stiles

0 Replies