rain soft price change

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 08:20 pm
We had set up a appointment for them to come show us theri water softner. HA 4 hours later, After washing our hands and feeling the drifference I had to go to work and my husband said yes we'll buy it,$4992.00. The next day they came and installed it, I look down stairs and theres 9 boxes of soap and stuff. They gave us 4 years worth of soap and shampoo and ect...
I turn to look at the paper work and the price was not $4992.00 it was $5987.00. I right away called my husband at work and asked him about this,he said the sales man made a mistake and they instead gave us 1 year of salt. i called the sales man up and asked him is your salt cost $995.00 a year to use? He said oh no,then why are you trying to give me this salt when you made the mistake? he said well thats what my manger said to give you since it was a little mistake.Money must grow on trees for you sir. I still have college payments. Plus to make things worst they never got a permit to install this. Which out county you need a permit to install a water heater or anything like that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,920 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:00 am
@motorhead446,
They are crooks, always have been and always will be.

The $4992 is way too much but, if you that have in writing, I suggest you do everything you can to shame them into a refund or sue them for the difference.

Last winter I helped a woman get a full refund and them to remove her 'system' by having her to go to Lowe's or Home Depot, that's where she signed up for them to contact her, and raising enough hell that the store manger and his supervisor helped convince them to remove it. It took her like 6-8 weeks.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 05:47 pm
@motorhead446,
motorhead446 wrote:

We had set up a appointment for them to come show us theri water softner. HA 4 hours later, After washing our hands and feeling the drifference I had to go to work and my husband said yes we'll buy it,$4992.00. The next day they came and installed it, I look down stairs and theres 9 boxes of soap and stuff. They gave us 4 years worth of soap and shampoo and ect...
I turn to look at the paper work and the price was not $4992.00 it was $5987.00. I right away called my husband at work and asked him about this,he said the sales man made a mistake and they instead gave us 1 year of salt. i called the sales man up and asked him is your salt cost $995.00 a year to use? He said oh no,then why are you trying to give me this salt when you made the mistake? he said well thats what my manger said to give you since it was a little mistake.Money must grow on trees for you sir. I still have college payments. Plus to make things worst they never got a permit to install this. Which out county you need a permit to install a water heater or anything like that.

I have assisted many, many folks get out of bad RainSoft deals,
but I need more information before I can attempt to help you.

Did you allow the installation to be completed?
Did you sign a completion certificate?
Was this a cash or finance deal?

motorhead446

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 11:39 am
@H2O MAN,
well I am sorry I haven't got back to you, and thank you for responding. We did not let them install until they gave us a letter stating because we had already signed the contract and it had been 3 days, that our fax that the sales guy received and he said he gave to the owner, and he thought they had taken care of it. We had faxed them 7 times and have confirmation they received it. They installed the very next day, when the lady came out she rewrote the contract of what the sales person had told us in price. She said she would fax us a copy of the new contract now the softener is in now, the next day after installing we never received the fax I called numerous times and told them we never received the new contract. As of 10am we called our sales man at the office and told him we were canceling due to no new contract was faxed. He said ok just fax me and I will give it to the owner. A few days had gone by and still no one came out then we called them to ask when they would be picking up and they said its already been days and we cant cancel now and they never rewrote a new contract but I had a copy, when I told them she said I was mistaken. We ended up going to attorney and showed her everything and she wrote a letter to the fiance company telling them they need to go back to Rain soft to collect the money back. They never did and now it is on our credit report as a bad debit. Then there is another one on the credit report as the new price. There is 2 different reports like we bought 2 water softeners and we cant get Aqua Fiance to fix it. The attorney said since they didn't pick it up it is ours now, by default on their behalf. This morning I went to take a bath and the water was orange and the tank has 3 bags of salt in it and the salt tank is filled with water. I have no idea what the settings are suppose to be, because they never gave us that. When going thru the settings it says iron 0 and harness 25. We have a lot of iron. Any advise would be very much appreciated, and thank you for getting back to me. The softener is a EC4 75. with a reverse osmosis. Thanks again Diana
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 12:35 pm
i have heard that story many times where they tell you there is 'three days' but try very hard NOT to make contact with you three days goes by. I know one house where a Rainsoft has been sitting in the back yard for four years, they haven't paid for it and Rainsoft still occasionally threatens to take them to court---which they never have.

That is the only company that feels it has to pull some trickery to complete sales. We have had contract cancelled after three weeks and we let them go without any problem. Of course, we try our best to resolve any issues such as mechanical failure, but would rather make the customer happy.
0 Replies