Wanted by the police ??

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:16 pm
Are a person's actions regarding legal matters, and the signing of any legal papers and so on,
still valid if that person was wanted by, and there is a warrant for their arrest?
I would think that would temporarily put them into a category where any legal agreements entered
into with such a person would be null and void. Does anybody know answer to this query??? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,682 • Replies: 6
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:19 pm
@babsatamelia,
In general; I don't see how a warrant would alter a person's ability to enter into a contract in any way, shape, or form. Why do you ask?
jespah

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:20 pm
The ability to enter into contract is affected by things like whether a person is competent, not whether they're wanted by the cops (who can be wrong about such things).

In any event, if it bugs you, see a lawyer.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:22 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Well, I signed a mediated agreement regarding a legal matter over separation of property that I sort of wish I could take back certain parts of it - but like the lawyers always say - whenever two people split, they both end up feeling like they've been screwed over. LOL.
babsatamelia

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:23 pm
@babsatamelia,
THANKS ALL - just curious
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:42 pm
@babsatamelia,
It is unlikely in the extreme that the validity
of anyone 's signature is affected by who the police want
or whether there is an arrest warrant out for anyone.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:25 am
@babsatamelia,
babsatamelia wrote:

Are a person's actions regarding legal matters, and the signing of any legal papers and so on,
still valid if that person was wanted by, and there is a warrant for their arrest?
I would think that would temporarily put them into a category where any legal agreements entered
into with such a person would be null and void.

Nope.

babsatamelia wrote:

Does anybody know answer to this query???

Yep.

babsatamelia wrote:

Thanks.

No problem.
0 Replies