What's cluttering up your fridge?

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:36 am
I'd like to compare notes. This tells us important things about you! Razz

Tell you what's cluttering up mine these days - jars & bottles. Lots & lots of jars & bottles!
Checking & listing now:
Green curry paste, red curry paste, yellow curry paste, Massaman curry paste, tandoori paste, green chilli sauce, sambal oeleck ..
Light soy, dark soy, oyster sauce, fish sauce, black bean sauce, plum sauce, sweet chilli sauce, tamarind paste, etc, etc, etc...
French mustard, English mustard ..
Hot pepper spread, fruit chutney, sun dried tomatoes,
Big jar of beetroot, big jar of middle eastern pickled turnips (yum!) ...
Yackandah raspberry jam (yum!), Vegemite, honey, yoghurt, sour cream, double cream, peanut butter, container of butter ....

Oh god & more I'm not even going to mention.

And this is before I get onto the real food, the cheeses, the (cramped) vegetable crisper, the freezer!

No wonder there's no room to put anything in there! How did this happen? Confused

OK, that's my fridge.

I dare you to tell me what's cluttering up yours!

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:40 am
... & 2 chilled bottles of sauv blanc! Very Happy
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:42 am
I wonder what's right up the back? Where I can't see or reach. Shocked
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:53 am
How disappointing.
388 people online & not a one of you is willing to confess!
Izzie

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:12 am
@msolga,
Hey....

"and when she went there the cupboard was bare" Embarrassed

but there is a christmas pudding that my little fella made 3 years ago at school (one of those school delights that contains more than just edible ingredients..Shocked ) at the back of the fridge.....

I just don't have the heart to throw it away Razz
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:35 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
"and when she went there the cupboard was bare" Embarrassed

Bare? Really, Izzie?

I'm so impressed. The ability of some people not to create clutter (in fridges, pantries, on, under, above & around bookshelves, etc ..) is a gift, I reckon!

So .. um.. when you feel like cooking .....?
Izzie

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:37 am
@msolga,
now that would be a rare occasion... Wink (food = ugh!)

love a salad tho Very Happy and always have a red onion in the fridge Shocked mmm mmm good!
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:47 am
@Izzie,
I can see we're going to have to fatten you up a little, dearie! Something to go with that red onion for starters, I think. Wink
mismi

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:21 am
@msolga,
Oh...mine is packed. Salad dressings. All kinds. Light Yogurt every flavor imaginable. 2 Gallons of milk (3 boys- will have to go back again Wednesday) cantalope, watermelon, grapes...all cut up, and ready to eat in tupperware. Big pitcher of sweet tea, Gogurt, diet Dr Pepper, cheese drawer packed with provolone, monterey jack and deli meats. Huge water jug with a spigot. Crispers also full to capacity. My neighbor just brought us late crop of tomatoes and cucumbers and I have 3 heads of romaine and bib lettuce and a bag of onions.

there are also some mystert tupperware that have leftovers probably turned experiments. ew
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:25 am
@mismi,
Wow, mismi! Your clutter is so different to mine! But then, I don't have 3 growing boys to feed!
Very healthy clutter, I've gotta say.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 05:42 am
mismi, following your post, I thought I should check out my vegetable crisper & found:
brussel sprouts
half a celery stick (getting a wee bit tired)
I stalk broccoli (sp?)
6 apples
2 carrots
2 red capsicums
A large-ish (for me) bag of baby spinach leaves
& (Shocked ), right at the very bottom, a few snow peas that were ..... Well, they're in the garbage now!
dadpad

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:02 am
@msolga,
Msolga why is the vegeimite in the fridge?

Agree on the yack jam though. My brother lives there and we get a jar (amongst other things) for Xmas each year.

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:11 am
i too have a very bare fridge as well

a couple of sauces on the door, but not much else.
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:15 am
@dadpad,
Why? To be on the safe side, I guess, dadpad. It takes me AGES to get through a small jar. I lose track of when I bought it. So I feel better about it being in there & not in a cupboard.
Yackandandah raspberry jam I am very, very seriously addicted to! One of the great little pleasures in life. Never without a jar! Yum!Very Happy

So what's in your fridge, dadpad? Exotic stuff, I betcha!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:16 am
@msolga,
Those are good veggies Msolga...I am a salad and soup fanatic. I also have 3 cartons of half used sour cream for some reason. I am scared to open them.

The schools are very strict on healthy lunches...I am not a healthy eater by nature...I LOVE junk food...but it sticks to me like white on rice...We do have chips and Little Debbies in the pantry.
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:16 am
@shewolfnm,
Now how did you manage that, shewolf? What's the secret? Wink
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:21 am
@mismi,
Quote:
...I also have 3 cartons of half used sour cream for some reason. I am scared to open them.

Sometimes it's best not to, I find! Laughing

Quote:
I LOVE junk food...but it sticks to me like white on rice...We do have chips and Little Debbies in the pantry.

What are Little Debbies, mismi?
mismi

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:31 am
@msolga,
OH MY - Little Debbie's are these little snack cakes...all kinds. They have these swiss chocolate rolls...cake with creme rolled in them and dipped in chocolate. And these oatmeal cream pies...and peanut butter bars dipped in chocolate. They are what I have to resist. They are so good.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/cwarren98/littledebbies.gif
msolga

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:38 am
@mismi,
I see!!!! Razz
mismi

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 06:40 am
@msolga,
definitely not healthy Laughing but YUM