What's cluttering up your fridge?

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:06 am
@hingehead,
Only when in celebratory mode! Think a little more down-market ... of the "quaffing" varieties. In other words, what's on special at Dan Murphy's! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 12:31 am
@caribou,
Quote:
This thread reminded me of this website, http://www.fridgewatcher.com/
"Fridgewatcher.com is a project where people open their fridges to others. Cause every fridge tells a story. We want to know yours. Send us a picture of your refridgerator. "

Hey, that's interesting, caribou! Fridge clutter from all over the world! Goodness some folk have such big fridges!Surprised
hingehead

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:00 am
@msolga,
I will eventually answer this when I get the energy to carry the laptop to the fridge...
margo

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 08:40 pm
@hingehead,
Well - carry the fridge to the lapdog then....don't be lazy!

My fridge is now filled with all manner of interesting and healthy things.

Plenty of vegetables, more eggs, a packet of pumpkin and something soup (to try out), some bubbly (my wine order arrived!) chicken thighs (curry tomorrow night), pork pieces (dunno!) some other meat I can't recall; more cheddar cheese, and some blue vein (from NZ); replacement ham; two different sorts of fresh tortellini; soft drink (on special); more whole grain bread; 2 punnets of huge strawberries; and, of course, milk and cat food (to save me losing more blood!) (I think there's some chocolate in there somewhere)

Why can they (who?) import blue vein cheese from Denmark more cheaply than Oz or NZ - seems weird.
hingehead

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 08:49 pm
@margo,
Quote:
Why can they (who?) import blue vein cheese from Denmark more cheaply than Oz or NZ - seems weird.

Likewise Danish fetta is the cheapest.
We always have :
marinated buffalo fetta in our fridge
honey dijon mustard
Pancetta and prosciutto
Smoked salmon
Fish sauce
Mango chutney
Vegemite
Local honey
Maple syrup
Anchovies
Capers
Salted capers
Dog chicken and cat meat

But that's just from memory - still can't get to the fridge.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 08:54 pm
@margo,
hmmm

my fridge is pretty dang packed to the gills - let's do one zone at a time.

I just realized that when the refrig surface was covered with postcards and magnets it was kinda empty - now that there are 3 magnets on the outside, the inside is going to explode.

in the door: a long slab of mozzarella, a long slab of 1 year old cheddar, cranberry juice, skim milk, 3 kinds of eye drops, a small chunk of marble cheddar, a small package of skim mozzarella, 4 kinds of mustard (ballpark/honey mustard/vidalia onion/balsamic and fig), a grapefruit, a plastic lemon, blue cheese dressing, 3 misc bottles of beer, salmon dog treats, flax/pumpkin cereal sample, 4 packages of decaf coffee that mrs hamburger snagged at some hotel, a bottle of ginger beer, ketchup, fat free blue cheese dressing, flaked coconut, choco chips, butterscotch chips, toffee chips (we've reached the cookie fixings zone), ketchup, hickory bbq sauce, a couple of packages of dry knorr soup mix (why did I buy those?), mandarin cologne, red pepper jelly, lavender cologne, another grapefruit, oh and another mustard - something grainy

you could live out of what's just in the door Shocked of that refrigerator
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:33 am
@msolga,
Quote:
Hey, that's interesting, caribou! Fridge clutter from all over the world! Goodness some folk have such big fridges

My friend moved to England a year and a half ago. One of her biggest laments has been the small fridge in the flat she rents. Mine is at least twice as big and it is a smaller one compared to some folks I know. They look like walk in fridges. I think that is excessive...for us anyway. If you entertain a lot it might be more of a necessity - though we entertain at least once a week and seem to be just fine...our gatherings are pizza and beer kind of things though Wink pretty laid back

Mine is packed the day after pay day. I do not go to the store again except for milk, maybe fruit and fresh veggies - so it slowly dwindles to almost nothing by the next paycheck (two weeks). Those little boys are bottomless pits sometimes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:33 am
body parts
mismi

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:34 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
you dear man are like a ray of sunshine everywhere you go.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 01:22 pm
@mismi,
are you saying I cause skin cancer?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 01:53 pm
I was looking in my fridge last night, trying to decipher what might still be edible and what probably is not. I found something in a bag that looked a whole lot like someone's finger. I stopped looking for fear I may find the rest of the poor soul and be forced to call the authorities.

And I'm afraid to open the sour cream container that is dated 2002 for fear that the fumes may overpower everyone in the house. But I'm guessing it is probably no good.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 06:34 pm
I was right. What's in your fridges does reveal much about you all!Wink
Some surprises, a few "Yes, I thought so!"s, a few gasps of admiration, even ....
Interesting!
0 Replies