Stadium guards start beating a fan, the stadium descends on them

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:36 pm
These guards start beating a subdued fan with clubs in plain view of the stadium full of fans. The fans would have none of it and descended onto the field and ran off the abusive guards. The athletes themselves had to save the guards from the fans.

Way to go fans! I wish all abuses of power were as unsuccessful.

Below viewing threshold (view)
Intrepid

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:41 pm
@cjhsa,
Methinks the initiated posts would be down considerably if "Robert Gentel" did not start them. Confused
fbaezer

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:41 pm
Interesting:
The Portuguese cops were obviously very bad at subduing the invading fan. Not like efficient US cops.
I really think the fans' response was too much.
Honestly, soccer mobs are sometimes terrible (remember Heisel!).

But, yes, sometimes I see on TV, in American sports, fans being forcefully dragged out of the premises for very minor things while the others watch and even applaud. A sad view, IMHO.
American sports crowds behave just like the Chinese do. Good boys and girls. Not like those nasty Europeans and South Americans.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:00 pm
@fbaezer,
Crowd control, biiiiiiggg subject. Not saying I'm a fan of obedient bots, even less of power abuse. This makes me want to look up the situation in, I think, Sicily, in the last year or two where they shut down the stadium.

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:03 pm
@Intrepid,
If you don't like them you can vote them down or ignore me.
Intrepid

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:08 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I don't have a problem with most of them. I just wondered why your post are going through the roof. Smile

As for the ignore. I don't use the ignore button. I will just skip like I used to if I don't want to see a post.

Sorry to have gone off topic.
kuvasz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:13 pm
@cjhsa,
Quote:
Prime example of fucktard chimps with no clue about law enforcement.

Craven - this site goes along with your recent change of attitude. It sucks.

Personal responsibility and respect obviously mean nothing to you any longer.

coming from you, cjhsa who is the site's biggest fucktard and one who both sucks as well as swallows, your remarks are typical.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:14 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:

Interesting:
The Portuguese cops were obviously very bad at subduing the invading fan. Not like efficient US cops.
I really think the fans' response was too much.
Honestly, soccer mobs are sometimes terrible (remember Heisel!).

But, yes, sometimes I see on TV, in American sports, fans being forcefully dragged out of the premises for very minor things while the others watch and even applaud. A sad view, IMHO.
American sports crowds behave just like the Chinese do. Good boys and girls. Not like those nasty Europeans and South Americans.

Right! Very Happy
Yes, I have been to soccer games in Europe where it got ugly very fast,
despite an abundance of police presence.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:45 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:
I just wondered why your post are going through the roof. Smile

Mainly because I like using the site more than I did on the last version, and because I'm working on this one most of the day now. What used to be testing and work on the dev sites has become live site use.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)