Where They're Assembled

Pitter

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:34 pm
Traveling in Peru recently it looked like ninety percent of heavy trucks on the roads were Volvo, about five percent Scania and the rest the usual American brands. Looks like Volvo has a big assembly plant in Lima. I wondered why so many Volvo and a local told me that they suit the conditions especially well. Hmmm...In a number of smaller citie all the taxis were white Toyota Corolla station wagons. Someone said they were made in China?!

In Colombia I see that vehicles assembled in country include trucks and cars by Suzuki and Izuzu marketed as Chevrolet. Renault has been assembling in Colombia since the seventies. Others made here include Ford/Mazda, Mitsubishi and Toyota. Another long timer in Colombia is Willys. Now I wonder if the Volkswagons sold here are manufactured in Germany or in Brazil. Anybody know?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,488 • Replies: 1
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 11:00 pm
History of Volkswagen production
This report is a little dated as Volkswagen stopped producing its Beetles in South America this year.

http://www.ukcar.com/history/Volkswagen/

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies