How to change User Interface language?

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:01 am
First day at the new office... I am faced with minor and bigger obstacles. One of the biggest is the Microsoft Office.....all in Dutch!

Problem is that that's how it was bought and installed...we're trying to find the way how to change the menus an dialogue language into English, but failing. We spent the last two hours on this to no avail.... searching for multilingual user interface pack for office 2003 -- only to find it's only available with corporate license or whatnot. We didn't find any simple, complicated, cheap or expensive fix to this. Any ideas?
Thanks.

littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
@dagmaraka,
Hi Dasha! (no ideas).
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:06 am
@littlek,
Hey! First day at work is done....this is a Serious Office.... come in at 9am, work next to other people till 5... my days will be quite different, but it's good for me. Structure and discipline and all...and then time off.
...but the Dutch language is not always intuitive, ugh.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:11 am
@dagmaraka,
I'm pretty sure that you need to spend money on Office in a different language. It's not considered a mere setting you can "fix" and you need to buy the licenses to the different languages.
littlek

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:22 am
@Robert Gentel,
Dasha, don't you already have windows on your--- ooh, is your computer fixed yet?
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:22 am
@Robert Gentel,
we tried....but for office 2003, the language pack is only available with a corporate license... which we don't have. so the only option seems to be to buy a whole new office, which makes me angry, i don't need a whole new office, grrrr.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:25 am
@Robert Gentel,

It depends on the installed version: if it's a multi language version, you can install it a second time, now in English.

On the other hand - all buttons are just the same in any language ...
dagmaraka

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:28 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Dasha, don't you already have windows on your--- ooh, is your computer fixed yet?

yes, but see...they have office computers here! unlike at my old work. my computer is not fixed, it works ok, sometimes it's slow or freezes... i have no idea when i'll get to it though, they seem to be pretty strict with office time here and by 5pm everything is closed...
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well if you have a multi-language version then I guess the licenses are paid for the extra languages right? My point is that if you don't, there's no easy "fix" as this is licensed content.
Thomas

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 11:14 am
Dasha, when your old boss gave you your old computer, did he give you its Office installation CD too? Can you use it to install office on your new work computer, or only on your old work computer?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 11:17 am
@Robert Gentel,
You're correct.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 11:18 am
@Thomas,
no, it was downloaded...and it's already installed on too many computers, can't use that serial number again.

cdk, nope, it was bought and installed in dutch...so there doesn't seem to be any fix whatsoever. i can only fix my brain and adjust to the dutch.
Thomas

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 01:48 pm
@dagmaraka,
Hm. Maybe Robert is right, and it would be best if you just bought the damn American Office version and sent the bill to your employer. I mean, given what they pay you in money and benefits, how long does it take until an Office Professional CD is cheaper than the time you spend looking for a substitute?
0 Replies

ExistenceGuest

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 11:27 pm
@dagmaraka,
i have the same problem but with spanish language so i download an english version
0 Replies