Taylor2

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 05:20 pm
@PDiddie,
Im sorry for your loss. Stay strong.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:18 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
bbb i am very sorry to hear of your lose from such a frightful thing.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:37 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
So sorry for your troubles. I think you did the exact right thing in getting another pup right away. Poor Dolly's gone.

Joe(LONG LIVE DOLLY II !)Nation
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:50 pm
BBB, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet little buddy.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 05:52 am
Oh, boy. I wouldn't have handled that nearly as well, BBB. Can't even imagine.

I'm so sorry you had to find her like that. Please take care of yourself.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 09:18 am
@squinney,
Dolly's death finally hit me hard at 6 a.m. this morning. Maddy's not used to seeing me cry and kept giving me kisses. I'm a person who, in an emergency, keeps my head and knows what to do. When things calm down, that's when I fall apart.

My Maddy and the new Dolly puppy have bonded wonderfully; they play all of the time. My vet checked her and said she's a good puppy. I see no sign of mourning by Maddy. So my dogs are OK and I could finally grieve.

BBB
JPB

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 10:14 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
((( BBB )))

I've tried to put into words why letting yourself grieve is a good thing but they all sounded wrong. So I'll leave my thoughts to a hug to let you know that I care.
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 10:49 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I am so sorry this has happened BBB. ((((hugs))) I can only begin to imagine how I would deal with such a thing if it happened to one of my beloved pets.

Dolly 2 will reap in the benefit of the love you had for Dolly. Hold strong dear lady.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 01:21 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I think you are a very smart lady.
You took care of your Maddy, and got that new puppy all set up.
Now the two of them can love you up while you have your cries.

I am so sorry about the loss of Dolly. It was obvious to everyone here how much you loved her.

0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 05:39 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'm SO moved by your resport, BBB. I admire your ability to cope with tragedy. Lucky for Maddy. I wish you a good cry.

Now, how do I post this to you?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 02:56 am
How's it going, BBB?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 08:57 am
@msolga,
msolga, I'm doing OK. I still have my moments, especially when I wake up in the morning.

Next week, my gardener friend will find the best way to prevent my dogs from digging under the back yard fence, too late to have saved my darling Dolly. I will never forgive myself for not being able to find the spot and preventing Dolly's ability to dig her way out of my yard. My neighbor and I both looked at the fence from both sides and couldn't find the spot. My neighbor thinks that the piece of plastic she placed on the sandy soil spot Dolly had dug in before allowed her to push it forward, but she couldn't push it back to get back into my yard.

My dear neighbor, told the owners of the hound dog that lives next to her house that their dog had killed my Dolly dog. They were devestated and can't understand why their big dog would harm Dolly. I know Dolly dug into their yard because she wanted to play with the hound. She loved to play with everyone.

Today, I want to tell the other neighbor, who came to my aid and had the courage to rescue my Dolly's body from the hound dog's yard, how much I appreciate her help.

The neighborhood children have come to see the new puppie. They are having a hard time trying to understand why Dolly died. The children loved my dogs.

Maddy has fallen in love with his new little sister. Yesterday, he did his Indy 500 thing, running around and around the kitchen in the center of my great room. Dolly 2 just sat and watched him thinking, I'm sure, what kind of goofy family have I moved in with?

Dolly 2 is so small that I have to watch where I'm walking so I don't step on her.

I had ordered a new carpet for my great room a week before Dolly 2 died. I will store it in the garage until my new Dolly learns not to poop and pee on it, which may be a while because she's only 8 weeks old.

BBB
Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:08 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Hey BBB

Hugging you big lovely lady. xox
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:08 am
Crying along with you. I so understand the strength to get through and then fall apart later. I do the same thing. It might be a Mommy thing since Mommies have to do that so the little ones feel more secure. Just a theory, but that's exactly what you did by taking care of the dogs first. I'm sure it's a role you have handled well for many years. Now that everyones (pups) okay, let yourself do what seems natural.

How wonderful you have neighbors being supportive and attentive. I'm grateful for their presence.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:37 am
@squinney,
Squinney, I have wonderful neighbors, most of whom are hispanic, who have been so kind to me from the day I moved into my new home (where I didn't know anyone in New Mexico.) Each morning, I find my newspaper at my front door because neighbors pick it up from where the carrier throws it from his car. Each Friday, neighbors cart my big heavy garbage bin down to the curb and bring it back to the side of my house. If I need help for something around the house that I'm unable to handle, my neighbors come to my rescue. Twice, neighbors have picked me up from the floor when I've fallen couldn't get up.

I've never asked for such kind treatment from my neighbors, both adults and children, they just do it. I try to repay them in small ways, but it can never match such neighborly caring.

BBB
Below viewing threshold (view)
hingehead

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:08 am
@cjhsa,
Put your analyst on danger money CJ - BBB has never blamed the big hound dog. In fact mildly chastised me because I do.

I'm guessing you have dogs that kill (my analyst is already on danger money).
msolga

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:17 am
@cjhsa,
Just leave it, cjhsa. This is not the time to nit pick over thread titles.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:37 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Thanks for your update, BBB.
Don't be too hard on yourself for failing to prevent your dogs from digging under the fence. That is what dogs tend to do. (& now you're taking measures to ensure that they can't get under the fence again) You had no way of knowing that this would lead to Dolly's death. Though I perfectly understand your grief, please don't blame yourself, OK?

It sounds like you have wonderful neighbours. (Probably because you're such a good neighbour.) And you have two wonderful dogs to love & care for. Just try & take things a little easy for a bit. Look after yourself. You've been through a lot lately & you need to recover. Now just put up your feet & have a nice cup of tea ... because soon you'll have to clean up a fresh lot of poo & pee! Wink
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:46 am
@hingehead,
Any animal will kill. It's called nature.

You can train an animal all you want, but you'll never get rid of their natural instincts.