A big hound dog killed BBB's little Dolly dog today

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:16 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I don't see any signs of mourning by Maddy today. He is so obsorbed with Dolly 2 and has adopted her. Right now, he is showing her his toys. He lifted two small stuffed toys and put them on the floor in front of her. She doesn't know what toys are yet. She's rather play with Maddy.

Maddy likes to lay on the floor under my computer desk when I working. Dolly followed him there so I now have two mutts to lick my toes.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:18 am
@hingehead,
Unfortunately, Dolly entered the big hound dog's territory.

BBB
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:27 am
But how are you, BBB? Are you OK?
JPB

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:31 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
To load a picture that's already on the net you simply right-click on the picture, choose "copy image location", open your window here, choose Img and paste the location between the [img] and [/img] tabs.

wondering how you're doing today too, BBB.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:37 am
@msolga,
The new puppy is really helping because I see Maddy loving her and being absorbed with her. Immediately getting a Dolly replacement was more for Maddy than me, but it certainly helps me. I had to put Maddy's comfort before my own, but it was also the best for me.

People who ask how could you get a new dog so soon? and how could you give the new dog the same name as the dead dog? don't understand that a new dog to love is the best and fastest healing. Maddy understands the Dolly name and it has helped him to immediately bond with her. It's also easier for the new puppy to feel loved in a new home.

BBB
mac11

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:39 am
BBB, I'm so sorry for your loss. But I'm glad that you're posting here to let us help you.

The new puppy is precious.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:45 am
@JPB,
Thanks, JPB, I will try that as soon as my head is clearer and I can concentrate on learning some new stuff. Right now, it's all about the dogs.

BBB
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:56 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
That's good to hear, BBB. And the new puppy is really lovely.
Don't worry in the least about what people might say. (It's none of their business, anyway.) If the new puppy helps & cheers you & it also helps Maddy, then a new puppy is a very good thing! Smile
Just try to take things a bit easy, if you can. You seem to have quite a bit on your plate, all at the one time. Not an easy time for you at all.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:56 am
@JPB,
She cried a lot yesterday while relaying the story to people, then kept herself busy with all the details and finding the new puppy. I think it is all sinking in today and she's a bit shaky. That's how both mom and I are...clear headed during emergencies to do what needs to be done and then fall to pieces afterwards.

I'm very thankful for all the friends and support she has here on A2K and in Albuquerque. It is difficult being so far away from her at times like these.

This is a photo taken when Penny, the hamster was visiting. That's Maddy1 and Dolly1 in the picture with BBB introducing Penny to them.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Butrflynet/SK7gblsZF1I/AAAAAAAAATI/88ox9vp7L-0/mommaddydollypenny.jpeg
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:02 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I am so sorry, BBB.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:05 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I am broken hearted with you.
firefly

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:42 am
@littlek,
BBB, I am so sorry for your loss.

It is good that you were able to muster the strength to immediately get your new puppy. Caring for her will be a wonderful distraction. She is just adorable.

Ignore people who think you were wrong to get another dog so soon. Particularly, given the circumstances of what happened, I think it's the best thing you could have done to cope with such an awful trauma. And, the fact you are calling the puppy Dolly2, is a tribute to your love for the other Dolly.

It is great that Maddy has welcomed the puppy, and Dolly2 has obviously found herself a wonderful new home and family. I know how heavy your heart still feels, but your beautiful new pup will help it to heal.

0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:49 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Sorry to hear that.

Every time Lou (my cat) shows back up from one of his daily adventures I always think of it as a minor miracle.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:01 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss, BBB. Awfully glad you came here to talk to everyone about it; all your friends here know how much your dear little dogs mean to you.

I'm also really glad you got the new puppy--it's different for everyone whether it feels right to get a new dog quickly or not, and I can never understand people who are judgmental about what others need to do to heal...glad you just did what was best for Maddy and for you and didn't worry about what anyone might think. It's not as though having a new dog can ever make you forget your other wonderful friend! It's just that a new puppy is such a perfect little bundle of energy and joy that it helps the sadness not seem so overwhelming.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:03 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Cute little puppy
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:06 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
Thanks, JPB, I have not learned how to post images yet.
I will have to find the instructions.

Dolly 2 is only eight weeks old. She slept with Maddy 2 and I last night.
Didn't poop or pee on my bed. A good beginning.

BBB

U got the puppy at the ideal age of mental development for bonding to u.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:20 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Repeating my email in case you didn't get it, BBB - and I could say it several more times, such a tough situation.

I'm so sorry, first about your son's troubles, both for him and for you.

And horrified to hear about dear Dolly. You must feel crushed. I can't think of what to say but that I am so sorry.

Jo

0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:23 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I agree.

I got Maddy 2 from a breeder where the people who were going to buy him backed out. He was left in a kennel where the staff didn't want him to bond to them until he was 4-1/2 months old and I got him. He knew nothing of language, of love, of playing, etc. He fell in love with Dolly and me because we gave him the love he had never had. I was worried about getting a dog his age but he has turned into a wonderful, if googy dog. He has totally adopted Dolly 2 as if she is his daughter. It's a joy to see.

BBB
George

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:48 pm
I just read your initial post. What a horrific experience for you!
I hope your new little dog helps you put that awful memory to rest.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:14 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Bumble:

You simply astound me with your ability to cope so well with so many difficult challenges. Getting a new puppy was such a perfect tonic.

I'm so glad that Sue and I got to meet your precious Dolly the First when we were there in May, and it's so gratifying to know that you and Maddy are already mending from your loss.

Be well, and keep being strong.