Will capitalism survive?

Deckland

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 01:29 pm
Now that the tax payer is propping up all the financial institutions, I would expect that the company CEOs et al , would be paid more realistic salaries.
After all it would only be fair. Their old argument that they are paid large salaries for their expertise hardly holds water now considering the mess they created. Do other taxpayers feel that there needs to be an end to these obscene salaries ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 02:35 pm
@Deckland,
If their salaries and benefits remain as they are, there will be a revolution in this country, and guns will become active not only against our government but against those companies trying to enrich themselves at the expense of joe sixpack.

Taxation from Britian is the precedence.
Deckland

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Ah !!!! Another Boston tea party.. Jolly good !!
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 12:05 pm
@Deckland,
With all the bailout programs going on, and the conditions placed on CEO pay and benefits, they may have prevented another revolution. Happy Thanksgiving!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 01:47 pm
Coming back later to read this . . . sounds like a question that needs asking.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 07:47 am
I can log on to a2k only because I´m in Lima, Peru, using the computer in our hotel. None of my computers, including my laptop, doesn´t work at home.

With the stock market falling so dramatically during the past several days, and the Greek bailout seems to be the market force that´s affecting all markets across this planet. It doesn´t look good, and I hope our government gets a wakeup call from this.

The only advantage seems to be the gain in the US dollar against the Euro and British pound for those who still wish to vacation in those countries.

My wife and I are still ahead YTD in our investments, but I´m not hopeful of much recovery for the rest of this year.

Hello to all my friends; miss you guys.++

I´ve been posting my travelogues on travelpod.com. Look for my handle, c.i.222.

0 Replies