COMPUTER MALWARE

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 02:40 pm
"Out of the blue" I got all sorts of pop-ups to the fact that I have just become infected with a bunch of viruses, etc. The pop-up gave me 2 or 3 choices - but looked very suspicious & no matter what "button" I pushed it brought me back. The Windows "shield" was displayed everywhere. I tried to go to the windows site, but couldn't - so I turned the computer off. When I turned it back on my Start Page appeared, but as soon as I touched anything I got a message that something had blocked the program. How do I get in touch with Internet Explorer? I tried with another server, but the message was to the effect that I had to use Internet Explorer. I think it is clear that I have a virus of some kind. Also, I have tried to install Service Packs 1 and 2, but they didn't take.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,903 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 02:44 pm
@Woollcott,
I'm guessing you use Windows XP but you should clarify for others to better help you. Do you have any Anti-Virus software? Has the computer been regularly updated (Windows Updates)?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 04:42 pm
@Woollcott,
Regarding the service packs, you need to have a legal copy of Windows on your PC. Please verify that this is so.
0 Replies

dknichol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:17 pm
@Woollcott,
Do not go into IE. run your AV first, then run your anti malware - DO BOTH in full scan mode. After your first run of both, run your AV in the back ground, and yes this will also ssllooww your system down. So it is recommended that you just let the programs run & you just get to pray for awhile.
If and when the viruses are cleaned out, go to IE or your browser, and reset your setting in the add ons, pop ups etc.
Man are you in for a long one - popcorn & a novel?
Above two replies are valid
0 Replies