The "I get folksonomy" club

DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:48 am
@Robert Gentel,
Hey! It's relevent to me!
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:59 am
@DrewDad,
They'd still work for you in your my tags page. If it's not relevant to enough other people then it would be removed from the topic tags that are public.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:01 am
@Robert Gentel,
I know. It was a joke.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:45 am
@Robert Gentel,
I started doing that, Robert, but then I remembered my many tags on original writing where I included the authors' names. So I went there first and fixed all but one, where I can't seem to unstick the Topic Tags -
original writing, creative writing, otf, cav, stories

http://able2know.org/topic/18557-1
otf is a typo, or failure to erase something, and I wanted to supercede having 'cav' in the tags.
On my tags I added 'original writing, creative writing, stories, storytellers campfire, short story writers, virtual campfire' to no avail in unsticking the early tag (while doing that kind of addition worked in all the other cases.)

Ok, now back to twillhips.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:00 pm
@ossobuco,
I guess I should have said that I suspect the change won't happen without other folks tagging (not sure if it's sticking re my tagging, or the tag count system awaits more input).

Now that I'm back to twilldip, the sticking is happening with a few there too.

Now it's happening with all of the them - and I've about 45 to go. Will wait to hear if it is my problem, or if I should just keep adding new tags.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:51 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Now that I'm back to twilldip,

I'll go back and add that. Don't think I won't.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:38 pm
@DrewDad,
So cute.

I suppose it's hard to lose in the main tags since you tag a lot of stuff with it before the sixth tag.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:58 pm
@ossobuco,
All it takes is other people tagging to make it go away.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:13 pm
@DrewDad,
I mean this sincerely, I just don't know..
if you use that on every one of your tags and you tag consistently, do - say - 1,538 people have to tag a thread to get your personal "t-word" off of the main 'popular' tag list? Or just one or two per tag?

I'm not going to tag 48 tags to rid them of the word if its useless. On the other hand, I've had weird stuff going on with my computer and my not being able to get rid of t/word with one effort may be due to that, unless of course other people are adopting that tag, what a thought... (see where I couldn't get an acknowledged tag to work when I modified the url, not once but several times, getting error and it worked when I researched it via the tag list.) Strange. In that situation and in the one with markers disappearing that O'Bill and I were dealing with, I think it is my particular computer - which has been having funny almost-crashes lately, which I won't elaborate on.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Can anyone help me knock off health from first place in this one? Or somehow work in the words 'community cooker', or add some other relevant words? (not that health isn't an issue...)

The article is one of those with many possible connections......

These are my tags, but community cooker doesn't make the cut -
environment, architecture, garbage, slum cleanup, community cooker

http://able2know.org/topic/103420-1
ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 12:06 am
@ossobuco,
Knocked off 25 of my own topics. Time to stop and read about Biden...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 06:27 am
@ossobuco,
I just threw in a couple - and this is what I see know as the topic tags.

Quote:
Topic Tags environment, nairobi, africa, community cooking, community cooker

a few others musta been in there
sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 06:33 am
@ehBeth,
More stuff I'm gonna do (I've been doing this very lightly so far btw, more concept than execution):

craft
sewing
jewelry

(those mixed up with "fashion" and "style" as appropriate)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 02:12 pm
@ehBeth,
great, thanks, ehBeth.

Soz, I'm starting to label a few of my own I run across that relate at least somewhat to fashion. I figure some of my endless architecture threads relate to architectural style. In fact there's one I should go back and catch for that on an apparently historic book about The English House.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 07:54 pm
I was just doing sozobe's topics but there's a lot of good ones on topics I'm not that interested in (gifts for example, she's got all the gifting threads I tagged so far) and a lot of good ones overall (more than I want to do this evening) and anyone else who wants to check them out and help is more than welcome.

I also noticed a subject I am interested in to tag when I found her "Ogling" thread: http://able2know.org/tag/feminism/
ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:23 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Back tagging, wondering...

I've two threads I started about a2k members' health problems, specifically Roger's bicycle accident and Diane's surgery of last year. I can think of enough tags without putting their names in. Now I'm sort of chary re putting members names... on the other hand, how else would people find them?

Opinions, please..
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 08:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Probably the same way they'd find them before, in their posts, in other forums etc. I don't think that many people are going to be looking for threads about members but not started by them for the name tags to be very useful, but others may differ in that opinion. My rule of thumb is that if we wouldn't really want a forum dedicated to it it's not a useful tag.

So a "health" forum might make sense, but not really a "Robert" forum. A George Bush forum but maybe not a georgeob1 forum and so on and so forth.

Thing is, most of the chatty threads aren't very well suited for semantic tags anyway, and I usually just tag any of those that I am interested in tagging with something simple. "Health" and maybe "able2know" is what I'd probably add for those, and I'd not worry too much about doing much more.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 09:14 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Thanks, that feels right.

Now here's one that gets to be fun but has a serious aspect, so, please folks, if you have a minute, I'm a little.. stuck.

labial reduction and its discontents
http://able2know.org/topic/104815-1
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 11:52 am
Going through the former "North America" forum is really fun! I'm just reading the good thread, and then tagging them by country, region, state, city, etc...

Fun! And, once tagged, I do find things faster just by going through the tagwise cross-references. Nifty!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 05:19 pm
Something like 45 more and I'm half way done with my topics' tags, though I'll probably tinker with some. So, I'm at 201, not that I'm counting.
0 Replies