Mr. Trump Showing Compassion

mismi

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 06:55 am
That's pretty nice of The Donald. I wonder how Ed got himself in that deep?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080814/entertainment/tv_ed_mcmahon

Trump to buy McMahon's home, let him leave there
Thu Aug 14, 10:52 PM

By The Associated Press

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Donald Trump will soon be Ed McMahon's landlord.

Trump announced Thursday he would save the television personality's Beverly Hills mansion from foreclosure by buying it for an undisclosed amount and leasing it to McMahon.

The developer told the Los Angeles Times he doesn't know McMahon personally, but acted out of compassion because helping out "would be an honour."

McMahon, 85, who was Johnny Carson's sidekick on the "Tonight" show for three decades, has not worked for about 18 months because of a neck injury. He defaulted on $4.8 million in mortgage loans with Countrywide Financial Corp.

McMahon's spokesman, Howard Bragman, told The Associated Press that paperwork on the sale had not been completed but that McMahon was "very optimistic" the deal would go through.

"When I was at the Wharton School of Business I'd watch him every night," Trump told the Times. "How could this happen?"

McMahon bought the six-bedroom, five-bathroom, 7,000-square-foot house in January 1990. The home was listed at $4.6 million last weekend - down from a peak price of $7 million.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 804 • Replies: 6

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 12:21 am
@mismi,
I saw that, and thought it was pretty damn cool.
mismi

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 05:39 am
@OCCOM BILL,
I thought so too Bill. It looks like Jay Leno has stepped up too. I didn't see anything about this though until The Donald bought his house.
http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/06/09/jay-leno-offers-help-to-ed-mcmahon/
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:07 pm
@mismi,
Is Trump really being compassionate? Or is he getting a steal by buying this home? I wonder how much he paid for it " did he just cover what is owed and maybe getting a great deal? Then he looks good by letting McMahon live out the rest of his life in it " which most likely won’t be so long.

So he looks good by letting this old geezer stay in his home for what another couple of months before he kicks the bucket and in the mean time, he buys the place for a song and after the real estate market turns around, he sells it and makes millions. Remember Trump is a business man first.
mismi

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:42 pm
@Linkat,
cynic Wink
Linkat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:48 pm
@mismi,
Yea - I know. I am not a fan of Trump.

I can't imagine him doing something without getting something in return.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 02:54 pm
@mismi,
And I read that Trump is leasing it to McMahon - so he must not be letting him stay for free.

Purchase price is an undisclosed amount - wonder why undisclosed - because it got it for a steal.
0 Replies