squinney

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 01:32 pm
I'd heard it before, often related to maneuvers such as Foxfyre mentioned, but the first time I heard it and felt like it was meant (by opposite sex/significant other type) was in college. It was mutual. Very fluttery stomach, touching moment that made me cry. Then he kissed my tears and that was even more romantic so...

(sigh)
devriesj

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 01:40 pm
@squinney,
Awwwww, squinney. The first time, I don't remember clearly. It felt like a shock. We were 15 & 16. Ah, young love. And he was so cute! <sigh> First boyfriend. Met him on a group trip with friends to Colorado. It was magic, just like all first love should be.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 01:45 pm
squinney wrote:
Do you remember the first time the opposite sex said "I kove you" to you?

Yes... yes I do. It was back during the great snowstorm of '78, in Chicago. JB's husband was out of town and I had just happened to stop in to replenish her supply of firewood. After piling the wood by the fireplace and collecting the paltry sum of money for services rendered, I remember reaching for the check, and as I did so I noticed a gleam in her eye and a certain beckoning.

Confused, I backed off a little and that was when I clearly heard the words, "Gus, I love you."

I left. I left with a heavy heart, knowing that I held the love of JB, but not willing to crush the life from her husband.

What had he ever done to me?

I could not come up with an answer that rationalized my needs.

I walked away with a heavy heart and a protrusion in my trousers that threatened the very life of the seams.

0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:57 pm
@dadpad,
If it slipped out, was it put back in, or was it on to other avenues?

- And where the hell is the quote button?

- And why the hell is there so much wasted space between each post? It's very annoying doing all that extra scrolling!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 11:03 pm
the first time when it really meant the world was in july 1997. maplewood, new jersey. his mother's kitchen, (err...mother was not home).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:44 pm
The first time? I was 18, so that makes it 1960. It was a brief flirtation for her. I wanted to have a prolonged friendship. She said "I love you," but, it was just a few days until she decided to move on. Fortunately, it did not last long enough or become deep enough to become devastating. No harm, no foul, actually.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 09:11 am
Update: Daughter and the L word fella have passed their two year anniversary of BF/GF and now 'live-in' status.

Smiling for her that he really meant it, and for him that she returned it.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 09:16 am
@squinney,
He'll make a good son in law eventually.... but I'm not sure about that radical right wing republican mom of his Laughing
0 Replies

Zk

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2015 11:21 am
@squinney,
omg ! this one cracked me up xp
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:36 am
@squinney,
My family overuses it. Say it so casually it's lost all it's power and significance. Upside, I only say it if I mean it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 08:45 am
Here we are a few years later... My stepson is obsessed with Criminal Minds. He has watched every episode a bazillion times. Last month he was watching an episode while I was in the kitchen and I heard him say, "Oh great! Here come's the L Word!" I flipped my head around and asked, "Love?" Looking confused, he said "No, Lawyer." ... I had to laugh as I recalled this thread about the last time I guessed the wrong L word.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 11:03 am
@squinney,
I've missed you all this time, Squinney, you and your great writing. I remember that diary you started, way back when.
squinney

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 03:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Hi, Osso!! Hope you are doing well.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:50 pm
@squinney,
Well-ish enough. Still full of spit.
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 03:05 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

Then I realized she meant THE L word. I'd forgotten what a big deal that was at her age. I instantly pictured the whole nervous boy, afraid it wouldn't be reciprocated, girl wondering when he was finally going to say it and boy wondering why he had to go first ...

Do you remember the first time the opposite sex said "I kove you" to you?

the last time someone told me they truely loved me was the day before me and my boyfriend broke up. he had cheated on me and couldnt handle it. it hurts to think about it but its smth i will never forget....and they r not always the nervous shacky guys the first time my ex said it he said it over the phone to me then again the next day at school as we were going home... im miss that Very Happy Sad
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 03:11 pm
@martybarker,
martybarker wrote:

I use it a lot when I'm drinking with friends. Drunk

i dont think thats such a good thing...and how often do you drink with friends?
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 03:12 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
thats cute
0 Replies