Oh Boy! Popularity contests, already.

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:53 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
They are missing an option, digitally speaking. Perhaps they overlooked the obvious hand signals . Thumbs Up? cmon. I didnt join this A2k thing for thumbs up or thumbs down. I like the ignore feature and thats all Im gonna say about that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:04 am
Embarrassed
er .. where exactly is the ignore feature? I keep coming across references to it on various threads, but I haven't spotted it yet.
old europe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:10 am
@msolga,
In order to ignore a user, click on the user's name in his post and open his profile. In the profile, there's an "IGNORE USER" button below his picture, on the right side.

Click it to ignore the user. You'll find the list of ignored users in your profile/settings. If you go there, in the menu on the left side, you can go to "My Ignored Users".
Miller

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:18 am
@alex240101,
Didn't your mother put you in that seat?
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:49 pm
@aperson,
Right, who voted me down?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:53 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:

1.) No opinion-type stuff will actually be censored -- it will all be there, just more or less visible.

Yeah, nothing is ever censored, right? It just becomes less visible. Rolling Eyes

In the end, it's the same thing. Raising the effort to get information is no different from censorship, it's just a light form of it.

Cycloptichorn
roger

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:56 pm
@aperson,
Maybe somebody's still waiting for their beer.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 04:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
In the end, it's the same thing. Raising the effort to get information is no different from censorship, it's just a light form of it.

We could just put all posts up there randomly on the screen, right?
msolga

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:26 am
@old europe,
Thank you for explaining how the "ignore" feature works, old europe. Now I know. I really doubt I'll be using it much, if at all, though.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:35 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:

Quote:

We could just put all posts up there randomly on the screen, right?

gee, we could set the default to sorting by the last post. Then you would see what people are actually posting in. Yaknow. The traditional way of running a message board.

Cycloptichorn
aperson

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:56 pm
@roger,
It's imaginary beer.
aperson

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:58 pm
@mismi,
It's called politics!
mismi

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 04:31 pm
@aperson,
Ohhhhhh - well...I figured it was too good to be true.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 04:45 pm
@aperson,
Well, visualize an imaginary thumb.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
cyclop, it sounds like you have the experience and know-how with message boards like these. i'm sure craven and nick can use all the help they can get. perhaps you can put your know-how, free time, and resources to use to actually help with the board development.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:34 pm
@dagmaraka,
I get the feeling that they wouldn't be too interested, but thanks for the kind words.

As I have said in other threads, I can see exactly where the devs are going with this stuff - it's just very different from what I'm used to and not all the differences are positive ones, at the moment, though I know things will be changing soon.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 06:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And like I said, we can just freeze development at the 1995 level of technology.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 09:01 pm
Had to change my mind. I opened every collapsed topic on page 1, and by golly, there wasn't a one of them I ever wanted to see again.
caribou

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 09:02 pm
@roger,
ha!
0 Replies