OnTheFritz

Mon 18 Aug, 2008 12:11 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Thank you, Nick, and Craven as well, for the new board. Just a few days ago I was pretty upset about the change, but things are working out nicely now. The best thing about it is the fact that there are now twenty posts per page instead of the woefully inadequate ten of the old board. I'm still working on finding threads using tags, but the new board is a success. Thanks again.

OTF
0 Replies

msolga

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 06:08 am
@Nick Ashley,
Please to meet you, Nick. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:24 am
Hi Nick, First of all, welcome to a2k. Second: thanks for all that hard work to bring us the newest bells and whistles to a2k. Thirdly, us old-timers have great difficulty with trying to learn new tricks, so make it as easy as possible for us senior citizens, will ya? LOL Slowly getting the hang of it.
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:24 am
I appreciate the welcomes, everyone. I'm pretty busy with bugfixes and feature updates, so don't have a ton of time to post, but I wanted to acknowledge everyone that's been replying. I suspect I will never have time to post as much as I'd like, because I will always have to make the decision of using the site, or building the site, and unfortunately both those activities are in direct competition for my freetime.

We just released a bunch of updates, including quoting (check your preferences), some automatic voting when replying to posts, and bbcode editor stickyness. So be sure to check out those features that interest you.

Also note, that we are pushing out updates as fast as we can, and as soon as we feel they are ready. This means that we won't always have time to announce to everyone what the feature is, and how to use it. Sorry in advance for that. We'll do our best, but if you notice something that looks new, go ahead and make a new thread about it (and tag it 'able2know').

Izzie

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:34 am
@Nick Ashley,
Thanks for the quote feature... can't do without that one mate.

Still really hoping you can get the name of the last poster information up. That for me is a real important feature.

Cheers ... good job Very Happy
kuvasz

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 05:57 am
@Nick Ashley,
nick i no longer get email alerts of new posts on threads i post to. has this feature been discontinued?
0 Replies

Nick Ashley

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:19 pm
@Izzie,
This feature has just been implemented Izzie. Enjoy!
Izzie

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:20 pm
@Nick Ashley,
oh you absolute bloody star.....oooops - scuse the language - how happy am I now? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:21 pm
@Nick Ashley,
and YAY for putting in the name of the last poster before timestamp in post lists. we're cooking with gas now!
Cycloptichorn

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:21 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Woohoo! Thanks x 1 miilion

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:34 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Nick Ashley wrote:

This feature has just been implemented Izzie. Enjoy!

This is one of those small changes that make a big impact. Thank you!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:35 pm
@dagmaraka,
How did you know I had a huge bowl of rice and beans for dinner last night!?!?!?
Right now I could even give Craven's popular pppphhhhpppp thread some competition!
dagmaraka wrote:

and YAY for putting in the name of the last poster before timestamp in post lists. we're cooking with gas now!
Embarrassed Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:19 pm
K - Nick, gottanother glitch for you... (not hugely important)

When you add an emoticon in to text that you have already written - ie - half way through - it automatically takes it to the end of the text - not allowing it to be inserted. Minor... coz you can cut and paste the text.... but if you can sort, t'would be good. Thanking you.
Ticomaya

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:29 pm
@Izzie,
And since we're talking about "glitches" ... (But before I do, a BIG thank you for the quote button and the last poster's name. Any reason the quote button is not set to show by default?)

... when you quote, it does not display emoticons in the quoted text. Is that by design?

(Incidentally, I don't have the same problem that Izzie does with inserting emoticons half-way in a line of text. Seems to do it seamlessly for me.)
Rockhead

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:31 pm
@Izzie,
I have izzies glitch at home on foxfire and XP pro, but not at work on IE and 98...
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:35 pm
@Ticomaya,
emoticons work s Very Happy e Smile a Wink m Sad l Surprised e Shocked s Confused s Cool l Laughing y for me as well.

Firefox 2.0.0.16 on XP
Ticomaya

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 02:49 pm
@JPB,
Firefox 2.0.0.16 on XP for me as well.
Izzie

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 06:21 pm
@Ticomaya,
This is the first line with an emoticon Arrow put in after typing the word emoticon
This is the seond line with an emoticon Arrow

This is the first line with an emoticon added "here" , after I have written the second line
This is the second line with an emoticon Arrow Arrow

Does that make sense?

I have vista on IE goodness knows what! Confused

able to add emoticons Cool as Surprised I Very Happy type
but not if I go back later to add in Crying or Very sad

(if anyone can find me a fast forward way of explaining summat without making me sound so doh - that would be appreciated too..... nope, that was a rhetorical request!!!!!!!) Razz
Rockhead

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 06:23 pm
@Izzie,
FWIW that is exachary the way my home box acts...

(we all know I'm Kansasian for a reason Rolling Eyes )
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 09:13 pm
@Izzie,
ok, let me try it with two lines of te Razz xt on the page.
now I have a second line and will try to insert a face somewhere on the first line.

Seems to work ok...