martybarker

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:20 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Windows XP, is the Enable BBCode Editor somewhere on the site page or on my computer. ( I'm on my work computer, shhhhh) And I'm not very computer saavy.

And thanks for saying I'm not crazy, I've asked myself that many times, but I guess that means I'm not crazy.
Nick Ashley

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:42 pm
@martybarker,
When you are posting to the site, above the textarea you are typing in you should see a Green Link titled 'Enable BBCode Editor'.

Also, as Region Philbis noted, the order of the Post and Preview buttons have been switched around as compared to the old site. Make sure your clicking on the correct button.
martybarker

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:44 pm
@Nick Ashley,
OK, I'll try it right now.....I'm going to click on preview and see what happens
martybarker

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:44 pm
@martybarker,
OK, it went ahead and posted anyway. Oh well
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:05 pm
Hi Nick and kudos to you and Craven for what I see as some obvious improvements already and room for the rest that will surely come. So long as you guys are patient with us more computer illiterate types and keep a Q & A going until we figure it all out, we should make the transition smoothly.
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:54 pm
Hey, Nick, I hope you and Craven can get some down time.

Thank you again for everything.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:56 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Thank you! hopefully you'll have time for adult beverages soon ... and then some time to come and play among the tags.
OGIONIK

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:10 pm
@ehBeth,
can you make the tags more organzied, running them right after each other just looks really lame.

Politics
Relationships
News
International News
Games

instead of

Politics, Relationships, News, International News
Games

0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:26 pm
Downtime required.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:31 pm
@Nick Ashley,
Quote:
I'm the developer

You have a fan here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6304687408656696643
Monger

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:46 am
@Robert Gentel,
He's also a big fan of your web development skillz, more specifically. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pdkEJ0nFBg
Izzie

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 11:05 am
Hey Nick

Only just got on the site.... and was wondering when it would be possible to see who the last poster is, when clicking on "new posts"? It's probably been answered somewhere but I can't find it right now - but it's always nice to see who is posting - rather than having to click on peoples names to see where they are and if they're k.

Thanku Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 11:08 am
@Monger,
Monger!!!!!
Cycloptichorn

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 11:08 am
@Nick Ashley,
Hi Nick,

I finally figured out one of the things that is bugging me: lots of wasted space on the topic list screen. The thread title, creator, and last post are all grouped on the left side, and more then half the page is... blank.

Putting all the info on the left side also makes each entry take up 2 or 3 lines, instead of one. In the old system you could see 25-30 topics at a time, now the most you can see at one time is 8, which is really a lot less.

Also, why only 20 threads per page in the topic view list? Once again, there used to be many more, and it's annoying to have to click through page after page. Is this user-definable in some way, or will it be?

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

jespah

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 02:06 pm
@dlowan,
Monger!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 02:33 pm
@Monger,
Monger's here.

Now all I need is Dan-E and some maple syrup Cool
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Sat 16 Aug, 2008 06:14 pm
@Monger,
I'd never seen that one. Funny too, because the "developers" meme is all over the places I haunt.
0 Replies

caribou

Sun 17 Aug, 2008 09:18 pm
Hi, Nick!
0 Replies

Monger

Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:35 am
You guys!!!!!111one!!1

Robert Gentel wrote:
I'd never seen that one. Funny too, because the "developers" meme is all over the places I haunt.

Yeah, it didn't catch on like the other clip (no sweat rings, no glory). I only knew about it because I watched Ballmer's Mix08 keynote interview with Guy Kawasaki, which was actually entertaining: http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2008/03/mano-a-mano-wit.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:10 am
I am getting used to this, and I like it very much. This has probably been answered but, is there a way to turn on email updates (if not please bring that feature back) and how about private messaging other members? Thanks in advance... also how do we view or change the tages of older posts made prior to the changeover? Will our tags be searchable on the www? For instance if I were to put "rexred" as tag will it appear on a www google search?
0 Replies