OGIONIK

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:22 pm
itook tests today, i scored low on math, i hate math anyway. im going to pre-algebra.

i didnt get scores for english, i think i got an 80-90 %

Financial aid, i guess working since i was 19 and living on my own means im a dependent. whee, complete and utter failure.

thats all for now!

what are other ways to get financial aid by the way? fafsa is out, for another year and a half.

thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,433 • Replies: 22
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:27 pm
Cyphercat mentioned that stuff opens up when you're 25. I think patiodog went through that too... he's probably a good person to talk to re: student loans. AND he's another animal-lover. AND he just got a real job as a vet, after several years of school. Good role model all around (though he'd throw a water balloon at me -- or worse -- for saying so.)
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:29 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:34 pm
funny, the counsellor like signed me up for a grip of classes, and i was like, shouldnt i do financial aid first? i just want to know what i should be doing, im new..

now i already owe them like 3 dollars a class for the ones i dropped off the list.

O_o
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:48 pm
Don't let the cost of education keep you from attending college. CSN offers an extensive financial aid program because we want every admitted student to attend classes and achieve their education goals. This Web site is where you'll find a wealth of information about our many programs and financial opportunities, the various types of financial aid, the financial aid application process, and aid recipient responsibilities

there is 2 options.

fafsa and one i cant get unless i go back in time.

i hate liars.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:54 pm
Did you ask the folks there what to do if your parents won't provide their tax info?
dadpad

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 02:46 am
@OGIONIK,
Keep going at it Og. Mine the financial aid office for info. Keep going back until they do find something they can do for you.

Dont be beligerent, dont butt heads, Make friends and explain your situation.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:49 am
@OGIONIK,
Several days ago I posted a whole bunch of links to various free scholarships and financial aide alternatives to student loans in one of your other threads. You'll have to hunt for it since I haven't figured out how to best navigate this new place yet.
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 09:22 am
@FreeDuck,
Ok, I've got the solution, OG. You need to find a girl that has the same problem as you and get married.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:21 pm
@FreeDuck,
seriously, i guess not having a kid and not gettng married was , umm dumb.

haha, what a joke. they reward irresponsibility and punish responsibility...

damnit butr i cant find jack **** on this garbage
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:24 pm
@OGIONIK,
Slow down and go read Jes's tutorial post.

I put an e-mail up, mostly but not entirely fer you, on my thred.

New is not bad, just new...

(I'd be lost if JPB wasn't keeping me sane and edumacated thru this crap right now...)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:24 pm
@OGIONIK,
No, not!!! re: thinking being irresponsible is the right way to go.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:39 pm
@JPB,
fafsa fafsa fasfa they all want a damn fafsa..

I CANT GET A FAFSA!!!!
i dont understand why my parents wont let me use their tax info...

my mom started a military rant and i was like, i can get aid without going thru the military

jesus christ. my parents are ******* peices of ****.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:44 pm
@OGIONIK,
Onion, reality bites.

I asked My birth wench for the same, 20 some years ago, and was the subject of a Christmas letter saying I was applying for Welfare (NOT)

Rules and Tools, my friend.

Figger out where everyone stands, then plan.

You better hurry up and e me, desert boy... Wink
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:46 pm
@Rockhead,
reality does suck i cant even find that thread homie.

LAWLALWLOLO<OLOL roflmfao
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:47 pm
@OGIONIK,
We will get you there, hold tight...

Go look at new posts, and set it to "all time"

Rock
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Several days ago I posted a whole bunch of links to various free scholarships and financial aide alternatives to student loans in one of your other threads. You'll have to hunt for it since I haven't figured out how to best navigate this new place yet.

At the top of this page you'll see a menu with My Topics, My Posts, My Tags, etc. Click on My Topics. That lists every topic you've ever started on A2K. The My Posts one lists every post that you've ever made. The My Tags one is how you create your own personalized organization for the site. When you read a topic you can create your own category names and labels for it by using the Add My Tags tool at the left here. For instance, you can find all the various topics you've created about college and give them all a tag called College. You can fine tune it even more by giving them additional tags such as College, Books or College, Financing, or College Jobs, etc. Then, next time you click on the My Tags link at the top of the page all those topics that you applied tags to will be sorted for you with your own customized descriptions that nobody else sees.

Go try it right now. Click on the My Topics list and find the topic where I posted all the funding links for you and give it a new tag so you can find it again. Do the same for all the other topics in that list that you want to be able to find easily again.

I'd do it for you and just post a link to it but then you'd never learn how to navigate and organize these topics for yourself.

If you can't figure it out and need to ask more questions about it, do so. We're all learning together by asking questions and then sharing what we figure out.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
is english 101 good? average?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:26 pm
@OGIONIK,
It's where all collegians start...

Good on ya.

(No e-mail yet, junior. Ya Skeered?)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:27 pm
@OGIONIK,
Not sure what you're asking in reference to? Is this about a tag, a college course or just a smart arsed question you want us to share the answer to? Wink