Dutchy

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 03:10 am
@bathsheba,
Hiya Bathy, lovely to see you at the end of the year, not the best of time to have another treatment, but hey lets hope 2009 will see you better enabling you to enjoy life to the full again.. I shall quietly toast you with a rum and coke and make that my wish for the New Year. All the very best to you and your husband.
((((Dianne))))
bathsheba

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 11:22 pm
@Dutchy,
Thank you, dear Dutchy. I love Rum & cokes! I appreciate your kindness and good wishes so much.

Can always hope 2009 and beyond are much, much better, not just for me, but for the planet.

Happy New Year to you as well! Have a healthy and wonderful 2009. I am picturing you in your lawn chair with a cold beer, and a beach umbrella hiding you from the sun......

All the best
Bathy
Dianne
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:23 pm
@bathsheba,
Wishing you and healthy and Happy New Year Dianne. xx
bathsheba

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:11 pm
@Izzie,
Thank you, Izzie. You're very kind. I will be getting another chemo treatment the day after New Year's Day.

packing up and getting ready to go for a few days.

Happy New Year to all of you wonderful a2k folks,
Dianne
Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:30 pm
@bathsheba,
Wish you a peaceful trip wherever you're going, report back upon your return Bathy Smile
jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 09:04 am
@Dutchy,
Happy New Year Dianne. Wishing you easier and easier treatments as time goes on, and better and better health.
bathsheba

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 06:50 pm
@Dutchy,
Thank you, dear Dutchy. We go to Vancouver. The treatment went well....as good as these things can and am glad to be home resting. I have 3 more!

Dianne
0 Replies

bathsheba

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 06:52 pm
@jespah,
Thanks so much jespah! I am wishing the same thing, not only for me but for other a2k'ers with less than perfect health. May we all enjoy the best of health because without it, nothing else much matters, does it?

Happy 09!
Dianne
Izzie

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 07:04 pm
@bathsheba,
Hey Dianne - how did it go yesterday hunni? Are you very tired?

You're right - health is of the utmost importance....

you are doing so well Dianne - be very proud of how you have dealt with this - such difficult circumstances... but look.... you are here and talking and having treatements and you will beat this. And going away for a few days -have the BEST time and enjoy.

Gentle pat on the back ..... and big gentle hug. Good on you Dianne. x
bathsheba

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 07:12 pm
@Izzie,
Yes, Izzie, I am tired but trying to push my brain to type without transposing. My knees and face are swollen. I look like a chipmunk today but taht will fade eventually, in a few days.

Going to go get some food or get husband to do it. Out comes the whip! Kidding.

Thanks for the hug and caring, Izzie. Hope things are going ok with you?

Dianne
Izzie

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 07:16 pm
@bathsheba,
Yup - no worries here hunni.

Concentrate on getting well and try to enjoy a little time away. Get hubby to spoil you if he will. Tiredness takes it's toll - but you will feel better when all this if over and done with - and can start living life to the full again.

Take care girl x
bathsheba

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 11:59 pm
@Izzie,
I have been in self-imposed isolation since Jan. 2 because of the flu that's making the rounds. I have managed to avoid getting it but it's rough being so remote and only talking to people over the phone. Then the migraines hit and I feel like I want to die.

So I will whine a little then say goodbye for now and hopefully be back up & running in a few weeks. God I am so tired of this chemo crap. Seems like they could come up with something better after all these years. I hate being bald. I don't proudly go outside with my bald head as some sort of survivor. This thing has taken over my life and everything is on hold yet again. It's been one thing after another since 2004 and if things don't improve, and soon....well, it's a one way trip in my kayak. I'm not strong, I just don't have an alternative.

So Friday it's more poison then more weeks of feeling like hell which I can enjoy in my splendid isolation.

Hey, if you have your health count your lucky stars. It is worth more than gold.

B (for 'bad' luck, that's me)
Dutchy

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 12:17 am
@bathsheba,
Oh Dianne you sound you're a little down today and appear to be in need of a few words of encouragement. I want you to know we're all following your progress closely and fully understand your feelings of trepidation. Ofcourse you're dealing with a big issue which is gradually taking over your life but you can beat it by trying to be strong. Don't even think about that one way kayak trip you still have a lot of living ahead. Get over this treatment first and face the future with renewed vigour afterwards, and don't worry about that hair, that'll grow back. I'm pleased you hate being bald, it shows you want to look like a woman again, and that is a good sign. Wishing you strenght for the coming weeks and look forward to your return in a little while. My initial is G, "good" luck for Dianne.
Hugs from downunder.
jespah

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 05:06 am
@Dutchy,
D for Dianne = don't give up

The baldness sucks but it passes. Same with the cold and flu season. Can you make art? Anything -- knitting, painting, jewelry-making, whatever? That might help with the time on your own. The chemo afghan. The chemo clay pot. The chemo costume jewelry brooch. Whatever. Put all of the hate of chemo into it. Pour it out onto the canvas, the wool, the clay. Put it there.
Izzie

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:24 pm
@jespah,
oh............... just wrote a long post and cyberspace stole it.... ack

Hey D

B is for bravissimo on what you have achieved
B is for best... that is yet to some
B is for B*ollocks if you wish to swear in Brit.
B is for blow away the sobwebs and go for a walk if you can manage
B is for bald.... but bold is better and the hair will grow Back
B is for brave- and that you have been
B is for blessed that you have family and friends
B is for big crew here who are always willing to listen and hug you
B is for blind right now as discomfort cannot show you the way
B is for beauty that you'll see in life when you can start to live again.

Hugs for you

most important

D is for Dianne whom we respect, admire and call our friend... we're always here for you, in one way or another...

much love. x
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:29 pm
How many more rounds of chemo to go? My little niece just finished a couple weeks ago. She has lost hair, eyebrows and lashes. She swelled up from the hormones. But, she was so happy to have done the last one. You'll get there. Sorry to hear you're feeling rough. But, put the GD kayak down.
Izzie

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 07:48 pm
@littlek,
Checking in on our Beautiful Bathsheha...

how iz you going girlie???

thinking of you.x
Dutchy

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 03:38 pm
@Izzie,
Sending lots of cyber vibes to Diane and hope she's responding well to her treatment. Always in our thoughts. (((Bathy)))
jespah

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 05:50 pm
@Dutchy,
How go the battles?
bathsheba

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:49 pm
@jespah,
Hello to all of you wonderful people,

With so much going on in the world that's bad I feel crummy writing about my seemingly minor problems. Dutchy, we listen to news about Australia and are broken hearted for what your country is going through! I hear the winds are dropping back, thank god.

Izzie, Jespah, Dutchy, littlek, thank you for your support...and littlek for the kick in the butt. Kayak dutifully put away. It's been a rough road lately. I have phlebitis/cellulitis and probable infection in my infusion arm. Painful to use. Basically my formerly good veins in the left arm have been ruined due to chemo. This makes doing chemo difficult, as using the surgery arm is usually not recommended because of lymphadema. My oncologist said 'we'll just use the right arm'. I said no. My family doctor agrees with me. I am asking for a PICC line for the next two (and that's it) sessions. She thought they still did PICC's where she works (the B.C. Cancer Agency). I told her no, the nurses said they don't do them anymore and have not for several years because of problems with infections. Why didn't she know that? My confidence in her is shaken now. Tomorrow we head to the big city to see if my veins can handle a PICC. I don't want a mediport - too much surgery. I will have to get ahold of martybaker, an a2k'er, and ask her about the difference between the two; I think she does them.

So, the battle continues. Have to hope I don't get a fever. The antibiotics should help I guess with that. I had to give myself injections for 5 days to bring up my white cell count. That was fun. Not.

I wanted to reply to each of you but it is hard to t ype one handed. Please forgive me but know that I think of each of you. I appreciate so much the kind words. Can you keep your fingers crossed that things go well this week?

Miss you all, and will try & stay in touch as I can,
Dianne
Bathsheba

1. Forums
  2. » Breast lumps
  3. » Page 15
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:59:11