ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 06:56 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi bathsheba. I've been looking for you - especially once the knitting project was done. Thought about you row by row - it's a good little meditation exercise for me - knit and focus - knit and focus positive thoughts.

I'm glad to read that your daughter will be with you soon.

There are resources for emotional support that you and your husband can take advantage of when you're ready - mebbe even when you don't think you are ready.

Just seeing your avatar with the yellow lifevest is smile-making for me. The vest is so much peppier than my blue one. I'll have to sew some more ribbons on mine - mebbe a yellow one or two to add to the mix Wink

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:07 pm
@bathsheba,
Hey Dianne sweetie,

Good to hear from you. Sounds like things are proceeding, which I think is often better than waiting.

Chemo isn't a lot of fun but it's better than it used to be. A lot of good anti-nausea meds out there.

Gentle hugs, I know there are a lot of thoughts swirling around in your head -- but right now I think the thing to do is get some rest and gather your strength. Marshall your forces. And we're one of 'em.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:07 pm
@bathsheba,
A bit of discomfort. I imagine.

Thanks for checking in. I'm so glad your daughter is coming...

Take care, bathsheba, and keep talking. If you're feeling positive, that's great... if you're not feeling positive, that's understandable!! Either is fine, hope you don't feel that you have to be in a positive mindset to post...
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:09 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi Diann

Thank you for the update, you're a very courageous woman the way you're facing up to your predicament. I can understand hubby is somewhat subdued at the moment, he is trying to come to terms with the fact that life can sometime be pretty cruel. Don't worry you two will come through this in due course. So pleased to know your daughter will be with you shortly and no doubt which will be of great comfort to you. Wishing you the very best with your rehabilitation. Hugs from down under.
Izzie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:15 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey Dianne

Incredibly courageous and brave. Huge but gentle hugs to you - you really are a fighter - and it must be terribly tough right now.... no wonder you are weary hun. Take your time and rest as much as you can.

Thinking all good thoughts for you and yours - so very glad you will have your daughter with you soon.

Take very, very good care and talk whenever you feel the need. Healing thoughts to you. x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:26 pm
@bathsheba,
Pulling up a chair for some whine and cheese..

Well, actually, I have my own version of Sangria too, a mix of white wine and grape juice on ice.

You disappeared, Bathy, and we were all worried. Not to berate you, but to say we are paying attention, just here.

You might, or might not, like to get together with a local b/c group of women going through the same thing. You can probably find some kind of info about local groups online. I didn't do that but have friends who swear by it. Not only did they find support, but information on a lot of issues.

On your husband, I'm guessing he'll be fine. Keep talking, or, if not talking, just being.. just being together. Don't close him out. (I say, listen to me, hah, I didn't have a husband when I went through my version of this, what an expert.)

This time is some kind of horrible but it also can have richness.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Which is among the reasons why a local support group could be good, people dealing with mastectomies and husbands and.. themselves. People dealing with rage and hurt and some joys and sometimes great information and probably sometimes off/wrong info.. but people who might understand the page you're on.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:02 pm
Bathsheba, you sound a lot calmer now than you did before surgery. Maybe it's just the drugs. I am amazed by your strength! Jespah's right, chemo seems a lot better now than it used to...... and it means that you are that much more likely to stay healthy.
bathsheba

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:46 pm
@littlek,
Hello my a2k friends!

I would like to reply to each and every one of you but I'm still too sore to type too much. I hope you know how special you are to me and how much your support and positive thoughts have helped me cope.

I got results of the lymph node dissection - THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE FOR CANCER!! Hubby and I were speechless yesterday. We really didn't expect to hear such good news. I am classified as a Stage 1, which is great for my future survival. I understand it was classed as such because the tumor (now long gone) was 2 cm; had it been smaller I would be Stage 0...but I'm SO thankful that I now have a really good chance for a normal life span. I won't accept anything else.

My poor daughter was so stressed about me when she left to head back to the states before we knew the results. She is applying for nursing school and had to get back home. You should have heard her voice on the phone when I told her. It was like an elephant stepped off of our chests.

My hubby is coping well - much better since the good news. He has been so afraid. I think it's almost harder on the people around you.

I will still more than likely have to have a regimen of chemo but it won't be as severe. Anyone know what happens when one is stage 1 with negative nodes? Am also getting a second opinion from a supposedly world famous breast cancer oncologist in Vancouver. But that won't be for awhile.

I am humbled and awed by the power of prayer, good vibes, good thoughts- thank you all. Words aren't enough!

Hope to be back online soon (Dutchy - watch out! Smile )

Bathy (I like that - better than Bathsheba!)
Dianne
Dutchy

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 12:20 am
@bathsheba,
Hi Dianne, I am so very, very happy for you with the good news you've received. I can read in between your lines the relief you feel at the moment, nothing but good vibes. Keep positive my dear friend, you're going to be around for a long time yet and give the boy from downunder a run for his money! Pleased to hear hubby and daughter are coping well. Wishing you well with your rehabilitation. Take care. Hugs from downunder. (((Dianne)))
Izzie

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 02:52 am
@Dutchy,
FFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAN - TTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAASSSSSS - TTTTTTTTIIICCCC!

SO PLEASED FOR YOU GIRL!!!!!

WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.....

and just wonderful to see the smile on your face and to hear the hope in your voice.

Absolutely delighted for you Dianne...

Iz x

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 06:49 am
@bathsheba,
That's such wonderful news! Thanks for sharing it with us.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 07:25 am
@bathsheba,
hooray for Bathy!

now you see, I just keep on knitting in between news from you - I've started the next shawl/hoodie contraption - my friends locally are going to be thanking you - they'll all have something for their shoulders/neck at the church concerts we go to - it's often drafty in those buildings - beautiful but drafty
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 09:25 am
YAY Bathy! This deserves a dance

Dammit, love is powerful!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 09:33 am
@bathsheba,
Phew! Such great news. I'm so happy for you and your family, Bathy!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 09:36 am
@bathsheba,
bathsheba wrote:

I know there must be some females here who have been in my situation.

I would like to hear from you if you are comfortable discussing this topic.

I had my yearly tests and the mammo came back with the worst news. "Suspicious mass, recommend biopsy". There are some calcifications, which the surgeon told me could be because the body tries to seal off an injury or a foreign object (cyst or whatever) so that doesn't mean it is the big "C". But I won't know until they do the biopsy on Aug 19 and I have never been so frightened in my life. The cyst is 2 cm by 1.5 cm. I don't feel anything at all. No changes are seen on the breast outwardly.

No family history of breast cancer, I don't smoke or drink, but am thinking of starting.

Just want to crawl in a hole and hide Crying or Very sad but wherever I go, there I am.

Hi, my wife is currently going through this right now......again.

Last year, she had her annual mammogram and a "suspicious mass" was found in the right breast.

She had a followup mammogram, followed by an ultrasound. In the end, apparently, it turned out to be "nothing", as nothing could be confirmed during the ultrasound.

This year, it's the same scenario again. She's had the two mammograms and next Tuesday, she's scheduled for the ultrasound. We are holding our collective breaths.

This year, we are determined to followup and see what is causing this. Last year, it was speculated that it may have been a water-filled cyst that may have burst and disappeared.

I think more should be done for patients to explain things.

Will let you know.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 10:58 am
@bathsheba,
Very glad for you news, Bathy!
devriesj

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 05:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, Dianne/ Bathy Very Happy , that's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 07:16 pm
@Reyn,
Good luck to you and your wife, reyn.....
Reyn

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 08:35 pm
@littlek,
Thanks Kris. Will post any developments.

1. Forums
  2. » Breast lumps
  3. » Page 10
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:06:50