Remembering Noddy24, Always

PDiddie

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:27 pm
Hi, VNN. So nice to see you too. How's our Tartarin?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:33 pm
jespah wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Pleased to know that jespah, perhaps Noddy could be honoured in a similar fashion when an opportunity arises, it would be more than well deserved.

We Mods agreed. You'll find out (although you can probably guess at the title) at 200 kiloposts. We'll be pleased and honored when you make it.

Dominion Holder? (that would be great)
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:33 pm
Pdiddie,

I lost track of her after several emails. I hope you are OK. Email me, friend. I never knew Noddy...only by her wonderful, sparkling, crackling posts! Now I know what I missed by not going to A2K meetings. I want to go to the next one because I don't want to miss these wonderful friends like Noddy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:40 pm
I also remember being reeled when we lost mamajuana.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:44 pm
littlek:

Did you know her on Abuzz? Was Noddy also on Abuzz as Noddy?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:46 pm
I have a couple of emails for Tartarin that may or may not be working; I just sent this thread to her. Her blog is:

Prairie Weather

And there is an e-mail contact for here there as well, I note.

cicerone imposter wants to gather in Austin in the fall. I don't know the details. Since I'm in Houston it's easy for us to drive over. shewolfnm and a few others are close by.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:49 pm
PDiddie wrote:
My grasp of my dominion is a bit tenuous this evening.

I know very well of the tenuous grasp on the domain as of late myself, but as Noddy would surely say, (just) hold it. A2k encouragement being sent your way for whatever it is you have to deal, PDiddie.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:53 pm
devriesj wrote:
A2k encouragement being sent your way for whatever it is you have to deal, PDiddie.

Thank you, dev. I attended the funeral service for a college friend this past Saturday -- heart attack at 47 -- and tonight, after the usual too-long-away-from-A2K, log in to learn about Noddy.

Regripping.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 08:00 pm
Oh man. I hear ya. You have my sincerest sympathy. The regripping is understandable. I'm doing a bit of that myself today.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 08:02 pm
Major Tartarin fan here.

We are in touch sporadically, very sporadically. Been a while now.

Aside from being whippy smart, she is a fantastic painter. Lordagoshen. She could run rings..

She sent me slides once, trusting me for the looking. Her paintings are both pictorial and about ideas/concepts, don't get me going. One in particular.. I sent them back without reproducing, which about killed me for at least a couple of the slides, but there is a kind of honor.

And, by the way, she loves corgis.

VNN, I'll email you (so watch your spam log). Not today, prob tomorrow, nag me if I don't.

On the pm thing, it is set to an algorhythm, however you spell that. You should be somewhere in range by now.

This thread is about Jill.

it is also, larger sense, about community. We could spark off other threads if our thoughts blossom.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 08:49 pm
From the latest JAMA...

They always dedicate a cover to those who have died of AID/HIV and it is blank. This year there is a poem and the title of the poem is about loss. It seemed appropriate to my state of mind and to this thread to Noddy:

Loss

It's hard to make
room for what
is no longer there;

it's so much larger now.
boulders blocking
our throats, our breath.
Even the air
weighs like granite
and fills every waking
space so that moving
becomes an infinite
staying in place,
small gestures pressing,
chafing our flesh.

In time
enclosed in the hot
ash of our grief,
something chisels
pinholes of light;
we feel our breathing
expand around us,
sounds of cracking
signal widening fissures,
rivulets of life come back to us.

One day what we lost
still remains, but we can walk
through it, a stream washing
and lapping our way.

Mary E. Martin
Rock Hill , South Carolina

To Noddy and all those who loved her....we will remember her.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:01 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
littlek:

I think so..... anyone remember better than I?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:31 pm
I think so too, almost sure, but don't trust me.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:43 pm
There have been times over the last few years where I have felt beaten and low. I have tried to follow a policy of reading as many of the threads as I can, but contributing only when I felt I had something worthwhile to say, but I know there have been occasions when I have jumped in, feet first, and said something stupid to get a reaction - a very roundabout way of asking for a shoulder to cry on.

On many of these occasions Noddy has responded with some positive words which have heartened me so much. 'Hold your dominion!' has been my silent catchcry when things look bleak for quite some time now. I hold a picture of a roving minstrel spreading hope, love and joy throughout the land in my mind.

My sincerest condolences to her family.

Thank you jespah and everyone else, for your words and thoughts and thank you Noddy for having been there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:57 pm
OK, 24 is not an age indicator. Whoof, I thought I was nuts for a bit.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:34 pm
littlek wrote:
Vietnamnurse wrote:
littlek:

I think so..... anyone remember better than I?

Noddy joined Abuzz in August 1999, a short time before I joined; same name there (I think).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:43 pm
I always thought Noddy was about two years older than me, the 24 thing not withstanding -- I still think so. I'm sixty six.

Sorry I succumbed to rumor, grumps at CJane.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:49 pm
I'm rather sure that you're correct re the age, osso.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:52 pm
Thanks for the corroboration, WH.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 12:24 am

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/candle_of_3_by_hookahbill.jpg
0 Replies