Remembering Noddy24, Always

eoe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:46 am
present...
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:59 am
A kind, decent, caring individual. Noddy will be missed.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:16 am
I did have the pleasure of meeting Noddy (and her son) at the Boston gathering. She was a remarkable woman and will live on in memories for years to come. I can ony hope that she knew how many lives she touched...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:19 am
I met Noddy briefly at a NYC gathering. We both wished that we'd had more of a chance to talk. She wanted to come back, but our timing was off--health issues, mine and hers.

She had a way with words I often envied. And insight that I always envied.

A caring, sparky, sparkly kinda woman. I will miss her presence here big time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:26 am
I've regretted not having met Timber, and now it's Noddy. I'm going to plan a trip to the east coast for next year, and hope to meet most of you when I'm there. All the people I have met face-to-face have all been special people to me, and I find that quite amazing, because we don't always agree on one issue or another. I think the respect comes from knowing that all have been above the norm in intelligence and scholarship, and contribute in enriching my life.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:13 am
Throughout your lives you meet different people. They each have an effect on you. In the case of Noddy, her presence lit up our lives, her wit sparkled, her wisdom was consistently an amazement.

She was a very, very special person who left this world a much better place. To me, THAT is immortality!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:15 am
Thanks, Jes, for letting us know about the origin of Cosmic Eagle. It brought a big smile to my face, knowing that Noddy came up with a name that so perfectly describes Timber and makes his memory one we will all identify with his location and his love of nature.

Leave it to Noddy to be so hip, even though she was the personification of class. That mind of hers was always ready for any situation, funny, sad, witty, practical, loving and, above all, literary. As Izzie said, she was generous with her time, even though she always had to take the time to care for Mr. Noddy's needs.

Cosmic Eagle. Only Noddy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:46 am
I don't know what to say - other than it is a sad day.

She always made me feel better and gave me a little boost with all the stuff I have been through recently.

What a sweet heart and how lucky were we to be touched by her thoughts and words and caring.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:21 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:33 am
Checking in to read everything.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 12:04 pm
Noddy's passing has really hit me hard. I find myself thinking about her and crying at odd times through the day & night. I never met her. I wish I had. If I had known that she lived within driving distance while I lived in PA, I may have un-shied myself enough to propose a visit. I wish I had known. And I wish I had met to tell her how much she and words of acute wisdom meant to me and made a difference in my life. I feel as though I have lost my grandmother all over again.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 02:32 pm
Good bye, Noddy...

Der Weg
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:15 pm
I can't possibly think of the right thing to say, I'm just sitting here crying and thinking about a couple of things I had always meant to tell her, and never did, and now it's too late. I just wish I so much that I had met her and now I can't. Oh Noddy, I'll miss you so much.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 05:03 pm
Dutchy wrote:
Pleased to know that jespah, perhaps Noddy could be honoured in a similar fashion when an opportunity arises, it would be more than well deserved.

We Mods agreed. You'll find out (although you can probably guess at the title) at 200 kiloposts. We'll be pleased and honored when you make it.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 05:59 pm
Jespah,ebeth, Butryflynet,

I am so moved by all of your contributions....and all of you A2Kers as well. I lost my beloved father this year. I only wish I had been on the threads with Noddy. I know she would have helped me "hold my dominion" at least a little better than I am now.

I thought I was a little "goofy" when I lost my dear Abuzz and A2K friend Mamajuana in 2003 when I had never met her. We had a conversation going online and on telephone for 5 years. When she passed in September of 2003 while I was in Spain, I was in touch with her family, especially one of her daughters and her husband. We met at lunch in NYC and it was as if we had always known each other. How to explain that?!!!!

Now I know I wish I had known Noddy better...especially after reading all the messages and Butryflynets quotes. Where have I been?

Please promise me...all you wonderful A2Kers....you will leave a message when you need a nurse???? Not feeling well? I want to say thank you and love to all of you.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 06:02 pm
Geeze,

I just noticed my message was number 666!!!! Noddy would know what to do!

O'Mac, my condolences on your loss. I know what it is to lose a real star.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 06:34 pm
_Heatwave_ wrote:
Noddy's passing has really hit me hard. I find myself thinking about her and crying at odd times through the day & night. I never met her. I wish I had. If I had known that she lived within driving distance while I lived in PA, I may have un-shied myself enough to propose a visit. I wish I had known. And I wish I had met to tell her how much she and words of acute wisdom meant to me and made a difference in my life. I feel as though I have lost my grandmother all over again.

That is exactly how I feel too. Almost wordless about it.

But last night, dear Noddy, I quite literally got a howl in to the moon. Teary eyed on and off all last night and today.

I have been smiling a whole lot too. Peace and strength. Noddy. Right here.

She has left such a positive lasting impression in my life, and she will be honored.

Love you.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:17 pm
Thank you jespah, Butrflynet, ehBeth and all the rest of you for your reminiscences of our wonderful Noddy24.

My grasp of my dominion is a bit tenuous this evening.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:19 pm
Ossobuco:

I can't PM because of rules...don't really understand them....that's another thing...

I grieved so for my friend Mamajuana (Jane Schultz) that I couldn't believe what was happening to me. We were very close and in touch intellectually and spiritually. She would call me and I would be having a difficult day...she just knew. I am in touch with her family forever. They are coming down to visit me soon.

Email me with the address on my profile if you want to talk further.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 07:22 pm
Pdiddie? Is that you in the form of Molly Ivins? Goodness, I do hope so!
0 Replies